Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Going Legit (Private)

Jessie Red (played by DaveTheHydraKing) Topic Starter

With the man suddenly charging at the two of them, Jessie took a step back, her hand flinching towards one of her kamas instinctively. However before she could even do anything, Sylvia was in front of, and with a sharp crack, she crumbled to the ground. Jessie stood there, plainly shocked at the events that just occurred. Her heart suddenly ached as adrenalin pumped through her veins. It was just the sight of Sylvia on the ground, that caused her blood to boil.

Jessie threw herself at this man. Her fist colliding with the man's jaw, as she threw her shoulder into the man's side, knocking him to the ground. She suddenly stood above the man, her face covered by the cloth around her neck, only her burning eyes shone, flickering with wild intent, as her hand gripped onto the handle of her kama. The sound of the kama's blade unsheathing, slid through the whole forest with one sickening move.

"The name's Jessie." Her voice was suddenly cold, as if she had became a different person by the flick of a switch, she grabbed the collar of the man's shirt, picking him up, as she twirled the kama in her hand, incredibly close to the man's left ear. The air beside him was sliced in half as the blade flew threw. "Now, the real question is, who are you?" The question was one that demanded an answer, yet didn't care for one.
Sylvia Sunshard (played by FESH)

The man himself, despite hitting Sylvia wasnt much of a fighter and didnt do much to fight back but he wasnt a weakling either... As Jessie slammed him away from Sylvia he didnt cower but just blankly stared back, not answering or even looking her straight in the eyes. Sylvia, who was on her feet by now rushed towards them and grabbed Jessie by her shoulders and tried to pull her away from him. "Jessie! That's my husband! Let go of him!" The little elf yelled at Jessie, sure her pulling wasnt much against Jessie's more muscular body but Sylvia wasnt actually trying to hurt anyone. Eventually she managed to get Jessie off of Brad and stood between them, part of her trying to keep Brad from slapping Jessie wich would prompt her to go in at him again. "Stop it! Both of you! Brad, please just give me a few more minutes with her... I'll be right home, okay?" Reluctantly the man shoved her in Jessie's direction, landing her against Jessie's chest. "It wont be long! I promise...." She says with a fading smile as she turns to Jessie, not quite sure of what to say.

"Hey... I know you want to stand up for your friends and all but you need to know that i have been through MUCH worse... And im mostly together with him to teach him that violence is not the way to get things you want... So please, dont tell anyone nor do it again..." She said leading Jessie back to her encampment. "I know what you're thinking and DONT. I'm just fine and i dont want you telling anyone... Especially not Tower, he'll just try to get involved. You got your camp set up and you got my spider to protect you... Goodnight...!" She said before leaving into the darkness to go home. The spider aimlessly wandered around Jessie's encampment as it was not exactly an animal that required going to sleep much. It sometimes bumped into Jessie's tent but didnt bother her too much.

The next morning...

The next morning Sylvia showed up again and unsurprisingly she had a new bruise in her neck and a pretty large one at that... Despite this she was in her usual cheerfull mood again, as if nothing ever happened. She skipped towards Jessie with a package under her arm and a bright smile on her face. "Good morning! I hope you slept well!" She jumped down next to her, as if the new bruise wasnt visible enough yet it was very displayed now as she placed a package down in front of Jessie. "I hope you didnt eat yet! I made you breakfast at home!"

Jessie's eyes suddenly widened as she heard this was Sylvia's husband. Her head snapped back to Sylvia with a wide eyed expression of confusion. Pointing her kama down at the man's chest. "This, is Brad!" Jessie asked, not believing the words that came out her mouth. She was quickly pulled off the man. With Sylvia now in between them, Jessie sheathed her kama, taking the cloth down from her face. To brad, Jessie was probably a young pretty face, although that probably didn't stop him from wanting to hurt her, considering what he did to Sylvia, moments prior.

As Sylvia took her away, Jessie had to try her hardest, not to shout at the girl, especially after what just happened. Instead she forced herself to listen to Sylvia as they walked back. The only thoughts that travelled through her mind, was how everything Sylvia was doing was wrong, and was only going to hurt her more. Perhaps Jessie was just cynical and pessimistic, but after growing up in the place she did, she had a good idea about how people like Brad acted.

As they returned to the camp, and Sylvia said her goodbyes, Jessie could help but watch her leave. Feeling a strong sense of helplessness as she couldn't do anything to stop it. She could tell Tower, but as if he would believe her after just joining, and if she went after Brad, she'd only get in trouble, and she was not going back to Prison. Jessie groaned, slumping her gear off her back, and stripping out of her back and shoes. She sat down in a confused hump. Watching the spider travel around her, she pet it every now and then, eventually sitting with the creature after somehow convincing it to sit down with her. As the night went on, Jessie found herself starring up at the stars, her jacket behind her head as some pillow. Holding her revolver, she closed one eye, pretending to shoot the stars, making small "pew" sounds as she did. Laying there, she felt a great deal of conflict going on inside herself. She had barely been out of prison for a week, and she already had a new life with new problems. Those problems mainly ending with her and her selfish wants. Wants for an already married woman, wants for a taste of adventure, wants for something that didn't mean she had to spend the rest of her days rotting in a cell and crying herself to sleep. She sighed, the thoughts racing around her mind as she went by, and then, they stopped.

The Next Morning

The next morning, Jessie was woken up by a surprisingly bubbly voice, that in her half wake state, made her giggle. Opening her eyes, she was met with the cheery face of Sylvia, a sight which would hopefully become a lot more common one day, Jessie hoped. Sitting up, Jessie rubbed her eye sleepily, yawing as she stretched her arms. Looking around, she noticed the bundle of flowers next to her head. How they got there was beyond her, but it was a welcomed treat. Turning her head to the elf, she grinned, only to have it quickly fade as she noticed the next bruise. Jessie quickly looked away, grabbing her hat, and pulling it on.

"Morning..." Jessie said, offering a smile, as her eyes locked onto the package. Raising an eyebrow, she rubbed the back of her neck. Yet with the mention of breakfast, Jessie smiled greatly. She hadn't eaten since yesterday morning, so she was starving. Sitting up cross legged, she watched as Sylvia unpackaged everything. "You know, you really didn't have to make me anything." She said, even though she was extremely grateful, she didn't know what to expect, but anything would do.

Suddenly out of nowhere Sylvia gave Jessie a hug. It felt random and out of context but the truth was that Sylvia was indeed thankfull that someone stood up for her. Of course the other immortals would give Brad a beating too if they found out but the thing was that she kept it a secret. It didnt last long though as she quickly let go, though for how short it lasted it was nice having her embrace Jessie, she felt warm and weighed little more than nothing. "I know, but i made too much and Brad didnt finish all of it, he doesnt like my cooking too much so i thought i'd give you some too. I hope you like it!" She said cheerfully. Sylvia was just glad Brad allowed her to even meet with Jessie at all, he was bent on controlling her like that... "Aww i didnt have to but i just prefer being nice to people. And im trying to teach others that too... Anyway! Today we will be looking into hunting, first aid, trapping and tracking!" She says with a cheerfull tone. "Im a vegetarian so i wont be showing you how to hunt animals but there is a carnivorous plant i can show but it's a tricky prey. But that's not for now yet..."

She waited for Jessie to finish up her breakfast while her trusty big black beast kept pushing it's nuzzle into Sylvia's back. Much like Jessie the animal knew that it's master wasnt treated fairly and unlike Jessie who was restrained by Sylvia telling her not to the beast tried to comfort her. He too had to idly watch as his master was beaten and told to stand down to watch as it happened. Much like Jessie the animal too would prefer to sink his claws into the man and maul him. He gave his master licks in the neck but with it being larger than a bloodspike rhino and it's tongue alone being larger than her cape he completely drenched Sylvia's back. She didnt seem to mind though, obviously with her being a prominent animal caretaker she wasnt repulsed at all by the animal's saliva.

Eventually they finished up and then beckoned her to follow. Sylvia led Jessie to a large field with large plants. "These are bear devouring maneaters. They're a dangerous and invasive species of tares. It catches a person with large tendrils and puts them in the main pod wich will be filled with saliva and acid over a course of 20 minutes. They are armored on the outside but you're right next to it's guts so to say wich is for now the only known way to kill them. Goldwood rangers are often tasked to kill them to make the area safer for wildlife. But, if i stay in there longer than 5 minutes lure it into grabbing you to open it again. Sometimes it drops you in the wrong stomach where you will suffocate away from the 'guts'."

She runs towards the large plant and promptly gets grabbed by one of it's tendrils and dropped inside the pod. Then it becomes quiet but she stays in a while and her animals began to get nervous. Soon she was definetly in there longer than 5 minutes and she called out for help, faintly audible through the thick leaves. Nervous her big beast looked around seconds away from charging into the plant himself...

For a split moment of confusion, Jessie seemed a bit shocked at the sudden embrace. In a slightly awkward move on Jessie's part, she wrapped her arms around Sylvia's back gently, quickly relaxing, she sighed. Suddenly feeling grateful, and comfortable. Then it was over. Even though the girl weighed nothing, she felt as if the space had became completely void. Blinking a few times, she attempted to get her head back on straight. This was a lesson, she told herself, she couldn't keep on falling in and out of reality, she needed to focus, especially if she wanted to stay with this merry band of knock-off superheroes. Which, considering her current state of affairs, was better than anything else.

With breakfast being set out, Jessie starred hungrily at the dishes laid in front of her. Each dish surprisingly colourful. Licking her lips a small bit, she picked up a fork digging into one of the dishes. Despite Jessie being a lover of red meat, anything was going to do for her now. Her stomach growled as she began to eat. The food was incredibly spicy and unbelievably sweet. Her lips twisted, as she let out a violent cough, her fist crashing into her chest. Swallowing the lump of food down, she shook her head a bit. Whatever it was, it was disgusting, then again, Jessie always had heard talk about elvish food, and how it was so. Despite this, Jessie still forced the food down her throat. Feeling slightly weak after not eating consistently for so long, she needed as much food as she could get, so it was in her better judgement to force it down.

As she ate, Jessie kept an eye on the huge beast which affectionately attempted to get Sylvia's attention. For a creature of that size, she had wondered why her husband wasn't in a million shredded pieces by now. Yet deep down, she knew the creature got the exact same talk Jessie got last night. Even still, Jessie still respected the creature greatly, at least the poor elf had someone to look after her.

As they finished up, Jessie helped pack everything up, making small talk as she did, asking small questions about the elves and the odd creature Jessie had heard about back from her time in the fighting pits. It would of quickly became apparent Jessie had no real idea about any races or a lot the general knowledge which surrounded main cities. In fact, it seemed as if Jessie was rather useless when it came to most academic things. She was terrible at maths, her hand writing was abysmal, her idea of science and the fundamentals of magic almost seemed to be none existent. However, Jessie did seem to make up for a lot of it with her killer instinct, as Sylvia saw yesterday with how quickly Jessie reacted to Brad, her reflexes, which seemed to almost match those of Sylvia's, and her excessive knowledge of street smarts. Finally as they finished packing up, Jessie got to her feet, unrolling her jacket and pulling it over her arms she zipped it up before re-strapping her Kamas onto her back.

Time passed as Jessie wondered up with Sylvia. Soon being met with a large plant creature. It looked like something out of a nightmare, or something you would find deep in a mystical jungle. She listened closely to Sylvia's instructions, knowing what to do in case the elf was thrown into the wrong stomach. With a nod of her head, she watched as Sylvia charged up to the creature, allowing herself to be passively captured by it. As soon as she was dropped into the pod, Jessie crossed her arms looking down at barbsy. "I bet you a steak she's been dropped into the wrong pod."

Five minutes went by, as Jessie suddenly felt a large amount of fear growing in the bottom of her throat. She watched as the creatures around her became more and more nervous. Her eyes suddenly locked onto as the plant as she heard a faint "help" being called out. Then moments later, she watched as barbsy charged at the plant. "Dammit, you owe me a steak barbsy!" Jessie called out, following up with barbsy sprinting.

Running up to the thing, she waited for it to throw one of it's tendrils at her. She kept an eye on it, allowing it to gab onto her wrist. Her hand then twirled the tendril around her arm, allowing Jessie to have a better grip on it. However this was a creature which took bears for breakfast, so for all Jessie's strength, she just wasn't big enough to match it's strength, being no where strong enough to struggle with it. Jessie fell to one knee, her free hand unsheathing a kama, as she slashed down at the tendril, slicing it clean off. The creature let out a shriek, as the pod lid opened, as if it was to scream. It's tendrils going wild and focusing on Jessie. Grinning, Jessie would dodge out of the way of the slashing tendrils, until she was eventually hook on the knee and dragged to the ground. Dropping her kama as her chin hit the floor, she was pulling into the air, hanging upside down. Lifted over the pod, she could see the boiling acid from the last meal. Thankfully a half eaten elf wasn't there, probably struggling for air in it's second stomach. With a quick though, she un-holstered her gun, fumbling a bullet into the chamber. With a quick hand, she fired the round into the guts of the creature, or where she hoped they where. The plant squealed in plain once more, it's tendril unwrapping around her knee and dropping her.

Falling, Jessie braced herself for a grizzly and burning sensation to wash over her. Yet instead, what she found was herself hitting the armoured side of the creature, as it crumbled down, letting out a dying squeal. It's pod tipping over and spilling stomach like acid all over the ground, killing the grass, and causing the animals to run. It's tendrils flew around mindlessly, before eventually crumbling to the ground. With a groan, Jessie rolled off the evil plants back and onto the dry ground. Breathing heavily, with her heart racing. "God. Damn. Vegetables..." Jessie moaned, closing her eyes, shading them from the sun.

As soon as the plant opened itself up to drop Jessie in Sylvia would shoot a grapple hook up and hook onto the tendril, pulling herself out and then dropping back down into the correct stomach with her knife downwards, she was going to head straight into the guts with her blade. Or at least that was her plan because Jessie killed the plantlife form first, resulting in Sylvia hitting the ground painfully. Barbsy was violently gnawing down on the thick armor like leaves of the plant to keep them down, he did not understand the plant was dead already and continued ferociously chomping down on it until his master hit the ground. Sylvia was completely covered in the slimes of the plant, now exposed to oxygen the acidic effect was completely diminished. She didnt get off the plant's corpse immediatly. "Brad always tries to force me to make him meat but i refuse to buy it from others. So i always give him those and he never notices it's not meat... You should take some too for tonight!" She says as she cuts off large chunks of the plant and puts them in a large bag hung over her shoulder before turning to Jessie to give her a long dagger. "I left the center for you!"

She walked back to the camp to let Jessie drop off the packages of plant meat before continuing. The two spend the rest of the day hunting, talking among other things like tracking down specific animals, first aid and the like. With a face as pretty as hers it was hard to actually pay attention to what she was saying, it was that easy to get caught in her loving gaze and gorgeous smile. Hours flew by and soon enough it was already night again, and they both knew what that ment for Sylvia, who she had to go back to.... Something she obviously didnt enjoy anymore... She said by the fire with Jessie for a little while long, watching the sun set in the distance, both of them leaning back as the last bits of warmth from the sun stroked over the forest... "Oh! Almost forgot... Tower said he wanted to check up on you since you are our first recruit. He said he's on his way but he lives in Wolfsburg and he's coming over on foot so it may take him a while to get here... Just thought i'd let you know... Dont worry though, i dont think you will be denied from joining, you know how he is... And, please... Dont mention what happened... Okay..?" She said as she began to pack up her things to head home. It was clear on her face that tomorow she would come here with another new bruise...

After it was dark and the cool blue luminated the forest once more with the spider roaming around. Suddenly Jessie could hear a noise and a loud one at that... It was the sound of a heavy armor clanking, it almost sounded as if an entire army was marching up to Jessie's encampment. But soon as two blue pinpricks in the distance became wider and more easy to discern it was clear who was making all this sound. Tower looked over the encampment and recognized the spider, then Jessie and sat down next to her. "AYY How you doing Jess? I would have come here before dark but Sylvia forgot to tell me where exactly the camp was." As he sat down next to his all of his armor clanged violently, like a closet full of weapons falling over it sounded like. His armor was off though, none of the armor pieces looked like they were from the same set, possibly because Tower got these from people he saved and wore them as a sign of apreciation. "So im here to mostly check up on you really. Anything you want me to know before you join? Because as our first recruit there's no way im turining you down really."

With Sylvia already up and cheery, as she severed a piece of the creature off, Jessie laid there still huffing with a heavy breath. Sylvia's words being pointless mutters to her ears, rather than actual sentences. After a little while longer, Jessie forced herself up, taking the knife from Sylvia, and slicing off a piece of the plant like meat. "I hope it doesn't taste as bad as it looks." Jessie said as she handed the knife back. With their little hunt over, Jessie followed Sylvia back to the encampment. Almost wanting to take a bit of a break, Jessie stripped herself of her jacket. Suggesting that Sylvia do the same with her cloak, after that incident, both of there clothing would be wet and in dire need of a wash. With them setting out again, Jessie looked like she was back in the fighting pits, without her hat or jacket, and only a white vest, and the straps of her Kamas on.

The day passed on much quicker after that. Jessie laughing and talking nonsense with Sylvia, as she took Jessie through all the steps of first aid, hunting and tracking. All areas Jessie excelled in with great confidence. With time passing, Jessie would find herself struggling to focus with each smile Sylvia gave her. By nightfall Jessie was visibly dishearten and angry to see Sylvia go back to what she had to call home, despite as much she tried to cover it up. Sitting there for a little while longer, Jessie starred up in silence at the setting sun. Jessie nodded at the word of tower coming to see her, she gave a soft grin as she leaned back, her hand resting behind her head. "Don't worry, I'll keep an eye out for him." And then, with time ticking by Sylvia left, Jessie watching her walk off into the distance. "Just be safe..." She whispered to herself, as Sylvia soon became a faint image in the distance.

Night soon washed over the forest, darkness covering every little nook and cranny, as a soft blue hue lit up the forest. The only warm light of red, coming from Jessie's burning eyes and the dark embers of the fire. She starred into the fire deeply, losing herself in the dancing flames. Not like the way she lost herself in Sylvia's eyes, that was comfortable and slow. No this made her feel something else, it made her feel a burning sense of power, that ran through her body. It was wild, and begging to be controlled. The flames flickering like exotic dancers, while embers spit off like stray bullets. Her hand, drawn to such wild power, reached out. Her fingers curling around the flame as the fire spiralled around her palm.

The sound of metal rattling against metal, rung through her ears. Thrown out of her state of awe, Jessie returned her hand from the fire, releasing her gun from it's holster. On her feet, she saw the figure approach. It was big, heavily armoured and probably dangerous. Thumbing a bullet into the chamber, a loud mechanical click rung through the forest as the bullet was loaded. Her finger on the trigger. Time slowed, as unwanted fear ran through her veins, should she fire, or should she wait. Her mind rung with questions, any of them leaving her in a bad position. Thankfully none needed to be used, as two blue eyes emerged, and the towering man soon became clear as Tower.

Sitting back down, Jessie sighed with relief waving at Tower as he said her name. Looking over him, she watched as he inspected her camp, before sitting down next to her. Suddenly a loud sound came crashing, causing Jessie to flinch. Before calming down, realising it was Tower's armour doing, something... "Hey Tower..." Jessie offered as her eyes ran back to the fire. Knowing she wasn't going to be rejected made her grin a bit, at least she would get to spend more time with Blaze and Sylvia. "Actually there is something I need to talk to you about..." Jessie said, as her fingers fumbled together.

Her heart began to race, she promised Sylvia she wouldn't tell. Yet the fact was she didn't want to see a new bruise on Sylvia, she didn't want her to fear going home at night. Even if she had been through worse as she put it, Jessie couldn't bare to see what was going on now. "It's about Sylvia. Have you noticed Sylvia's bruises? Like the ones across her neck?" Jessie asked, not being able to bring herself to look at Tower, her eyes just starring into the fire. "They're from her husband..." Jessie said as her face ran deadpan, and her voice blunt. "I would of killed the ****** if Sylvia didn't stop me." Her hand gripping around her revolver, as her voice held a certain type of deep seated hatred.

Even seated down Tower was quite a tall one. One notable thing that was clear earlier but still didnt make sense about Tower was that the eye openings in his helmet moved as he talked to reflect his mood. Almost as if they were his real eyes, yet the obvious leather straps below the helmet connecting the helmet as well as parts of his skin being visible from under the helmet and the chainmail he wore below it made clear that he wasnt just a golem brought to life through magical means. He sat down next to Jessie hunched forward over his legs. His cape was long enough to wrap around a table, his sword was about the length of a 24 pounder cannon, hilt included and his shield was large enough to serve as a sled. There was something mechanical about his armor though, some parts on his chest had gears on it and his shoulder would puff out small clouds of steam whenever he moved. This was because Tower was actually wearing a form of very primitive power armor designed by dwarves. Despite this it still did not explain how the eyes moved along with his mood as there were no shutters over the eyes.

Tower was willing to listen but it was visible on the shape of the visors that he heavily doubted it. Sure he met Brad and noticed that he was a dick, also did he notice the abundants of bruises on Sylvia but he always believed Sylvia when she said it was bandits she ran into or that she wasnt paying attention and walked into a tree... He turned to her with a bit of a frown and looked at Jessie, seemingly scanning for any clues that she was lying. "You're saying Brad beats his girlfriend? I mean i know he is a bit of an asshole to both her and the immortals but this is a bit of a severe claim, you know that right...?" He went quiet for a little bit and stared out in front of him. Truth was that he suspected things like this going down for a while now but he never thought Sylvia would lie to him. He looked back at Jessie and was obviously upset, not at Jessie but at himself for allowing this to drag on, it made him question his own leadership and yet he could not march into the house and throw him out without proof and a good reason to become violent to Brad. "Listen, if anything you're saying is even remotely true i need you to find a way to somehow prove it to me. If you can do that ill make sure that he will never lay a finger on her again." It was obvious in the way he spoke that he wanted Jessie to bring back proof so he could serve justice. It wasnt a favour he asked of Jessie, it was an order and this would become Jessie's first task in the immortals...

"It will be a dificult task but i know of a small inn nearby where you can find me easily. Set up a meeting or lure him into beating her in advance, then come let me know and let me see it. And if it's true i will make him pay dearly for it. You think you can do that?"

Jessie's eyes starred deeply into the fire in front of her, each flame flickering off into the air like some fading whisper. Jessie had fell into a silence as Tower spoke, his words hitting her at full force as like a blast from a gun to the chest. Even if she didn't seem to notice anything, she heard everything, Tower's words more prevalent than the genuine smile she would give to Sylvia, whenever their eyes linked. The fire in front of her didn't seem to distract her, instead, it seemed to refine all her thoughts. Bringing them all to a screeching halt so she could study them all.

Once Tower asked for proof, Jessie only nodded. The flickering of her eyes mimicking that of the flames. For a moment she closed her eyes taking in a deep breath. Every piece would need to fall into place if Jessie had any chance of proving what a corrupt being Sylvia's husband actually was. Tower would be too slow and too loud, Jessie thought, if he was to come running over, Brad could just leave quickly. If Tower was to stay at the tavern, she would have no chance in proving it as it would be over in seconds. Her mind raced with thoughts, yet nothing became a blur, she was focused. Jessie for once, had a goal, one she wanted to complete in more than ever. It wasn't about money any more, not about getting back at some crime boss, or getting out of prison. No, she wanted, needed, to save her friend.

Opening her eyes, a plan suddenly fell into place. If she couldn't get Tower over to see it, she would need to bring it to him. "Tomorrow, be in that Tavern, but call a meeting tomorrow at that tavern, make sure it looks like it's on short notice and urgent, by sending Blaze or someone to pick us up, since that isn't our conventional spot. This has to be close to dusk, but not after. Once there, Brad will come looking, it's a slim chance, but if we have someone point him in the right direction, he'll come into the inn... And if I'm there with her... He'll be angry." Jessie said, her eyes only breaking away from the fire to look up at Tower once she had finished laying out her plan. "I know it's a lot to ask for, and it's a stretch of trust, but I need you to help me out here. So, can you?"

Tower nodded. "Right, i dont know what you are up to but he's not likely to beat her in front of me. When they were together with us he always seemed like a loving husband to her but i always felt something was off with the way he touched her." Tower gathered a bit of a backup plan in his head, but there were some major obstacles. "Ill do my best to make this work but the problem is that Blaze is in Bloodspike with his demented trainer, Klaut is inspecting the safety standards of the Bylian mines and Spectre will be busy with volatile magics. So im not sure if i can have alot of them other than Viktor show up. Either that or they will all take their company with them. Ill send the message out tonight and by the end of 6 days they should all be present here. Just make sure you can lure him into hitting either you or Sylvia, both are enough for me to get him jailed." Tower stayed for a little while after to ask some other questions in regards to her joining the crew as well as letting her know of things benificial to her like her payrate and such while joking and all to move past the darker topic they just discussed. It's not like he forgot any of it though, that was clear by his lack of gestures he did last time in the bar.

Later on he left to the bar, leaving her a map with a symbol marking it's location. The rest of the night was uneventfull but based on what little Jessie knew about Brad she could figure out that she wasnt asleep quite yet. Her mind would have to wander to dark places in order to find out how she was doing right now... But it was about to be over soon. If the plan works Brad would be taken down by the immortals. Sylv would become homeless but she knew camping better than Jessie and a wide array of possibilities opened up for her, for both of them. Over the course of the week - the time Tower needed to assemble the immortals who were in their own countries at the time Sylvia would not only show up with new bruises replacing the old ones but also did she apear more and more exhausted. It heavily implied that she wasnt getting enough sleep, either through being put to work until late night or being woken up early and probaply both. She did most of her resting when she had given Jessie tasks she could carry out on her own. And whenever asked about why she was so tired she would come up with excuses, each more unconvincing than the last. It was painfull to see her degrade so quickly really but through the cracks of exhaustion and pain he joyfull personality still shined.

Soon enough the day was there. At the crack of down a courier arrived at Jessie's encampment to deliver a letter from Blaze. "Tower told me of what is going on. Looks like you'll get close to getting the women of both our dreams! We're at the bar waiting for whatever trick you have planned. Tower told us to stand down while Viktor and Klaut take down Brad and after a bit he will come in to arrest him. He told us about it already and it's safe to say the lot of us are out for justice. I also spoke to the bloodspike government recently and if you can pull of a heroic act they will completely suspend your banishment. See you tonight! -Blaze"

The assembled crew minus Sylvia was already at the bar, but none of them were on their own this time. Blaze had his master along, a very old looking man with a long maustache and bear and a perpetual smug smile on his face. Spectre was sitting next to some sort of zombie, raving about a god he believes is called Cheeki Breeki. Tower was sitting next to some sort of official looking person who he obviously disliked while Klaut had some sort of half snake assistant sitting next to him, his secretary from Bylyn. They waited for Jessie to arrive and do whatever was planned...

The days seemed to pass slower and slower as time went on. Sylvia would become more bruised and Jessie's patience would become more and more tested as every hour ticked by. Yet by some miracle, Jessie had kept her patience on track, thankfully only due to her ability to keep focus on her plan, no matter how convoluted it was. Every night after there sessions, Jessie would follow Sylvia home. She quickly learnt where they lived, coincidently near the inn she had planned to meet everyone in. She would spend those few nights, hiding in a tree for a few hours after dusk, just watching that house. Every once and a while she would see the outline of Sylvia through her window's curtains. Yet every now and then, she would see another outline, a demonish shadow. Taller than the elf, and unmistakeably one of a man. Every few nights, she would watch an argument breakout, or a punch being thrown. It took all of Jessie's strength not to fire a bullet into that window and end it then.

Days continued to pass, where Jessie tried her best to pay no mind to Sylvia's tiredness and bruises. For as hard as that became. Every now and then, Jessie would slip, muttering something about how she should get rest, or cursing the girl's husbanded. If Sylvia was ever quick enough, she could catch Jessie gripping her kama's handles tightly, in frustration, before disappearing to complete her tasks. Those few days seemed a lot colder and frustrating than the others. When Sylvia wasn't by her side, showing her the ropes, she found it difficult to concentrate, to stop thinking about those silhouettes from the curtains. But time passed, and Jessie completed her tasks, growing in knowledge, and to anyone's eyes, she was becoming stronger, more skilled than she could of ever imagined.

A few more nights passed, until she was greeted on morning with a letter from Blaze. She read it without hesitation, chuckling to herself, before quickly grabbing a pencil. Writing: "Shut it, you dick, she's not mine. I'm doing this to get her out of whatever hell she's in. So quit those ideas. The plan is afoot, and I hope to whatever big guy is in the sky, it works, because without it, I'm as good as done. It's risky, but it should work... Thanks for the help in Bloodspike, I've owned you since the day you picked me out the fighting pits, so just add this to the list. I'll see you tonight. -Best of wishes, Jessie" Before quickly folding it up and giving it too the carriage driver, telling him to get it back to Blaze as quickly as possible.

The day passed, with another arbitrary task being given to Jessie, and her completing it with no problem. Today however, she came back to Sylvia fast asleep. Smiling at the sight, she knelled down next to the girl, nudging her in her side to wake up. Once she opened her eyes, Jessie clapped slightly. "Hey jobs done, but I just got a letter from Blaze, saying they have an urgent meeting, at the inn close by here." Jessie said handing Sylvia a letter, that she wrote up hours before. She had done her best to copy, Blaze's handwriting, but with Sylvia's drowsiness, she probably would of had a hard time telling it was fake. Snatching it back, Jessie looked up at the sky, as dusk soon settled in. Lifting Sylvia too her feet, Jessie snatched a few rocks up in her right hand, playing it off as she swirled them around in her hand.

Quickly the two would set off, to the inn, Jessie had set all of this up for. Jessie lead the both of them down a street which she knew Sylvia lived along. The streets soon became spotty with people, more people of different races and sizes became to fill the streets. Passing Sylvia's house, she causally chatted with the girl, distracting her from how Jessie pelted the rocks at the door of her housing, causing a knocking sound to come from outside of the door. Moments passed as it suddenly unlocked, and a man popped his head out. Jessie glanced back locking her eyes with Brad for only a moment. She looked away, stretching her arms out, so it looked as if Jessie placed her arm around Sylvia's shoulders. Now throwing another glance back to Brad, giving him a grin and a wink.

Jessie was suddenly quick to make the both of them cross the street, into another crowd of people, as she heard a door slam shut. Rushing the both of them on quickly, the bar soon came into view. Where she spotted Tower, Blaze, and the rest of them sitting by a window. Jessie frantically waved her arm, attempting to get their attention.

Then a sharp crack was heard, as Jessie felt the weight of a much larger man barge into the back of her neck. In reality, she heard the footsteps rushing up behind her, and she wanted to take the hit. Her jaw cracked onto the groan as she shouted a grunt in pain, quickly turning herself over, to witness the thug of a man, holding her friend up by the collar, screaming into her face. All Jessie could hope for now, is that one of them would of seen that.

Time slowed for a moment, as she watched Brad, throw a hit across Sylvia's jaw. Every detail became painfully precise, in her red eyes, as she saw the fear and pain fill Sylvia's bright green eyes. The elf seemed fragile enough the past few days, but now, she looked as if she was going to break down to dust. Jessie didn't even know it, but she screamed, something akin to a demon, the tavern lights and the street light candles grew blinding bright, only to be snuffed out by seemingly nothing, as Jessie found herself on her feet, her kama's in her hand as her arm was raised for a swing.

Sylvia was leaning on Jessie during the walk wich alongside her big sleepy eyes really emphasizing that she was exhausted. She awkwardly stumbled along, when showed the letter she would take a glance at it and rub the sleep out of her eyes before nodding. "O... Ohkay, will you lead me there?" She asked in a sleepy voice. Over the walk she got a bit more awake but her alertness didnt rise, she never noticed Jessie luring out bread and actually didnt mind the arm around her, it gave her something to lean on. She looked at Jessie with a serious expression on her face, hidden deep under the sleepyness of her big green eyes. "Jessie... Can i tell you something? It's very serious... Regarding my history." She patiently awaited an answer while her eyes darted through the crowd. Conveniently not behind them so she never noticed Brad angrily following them. As soon as Jessie gave her a reply Sylvia explained where she came from without any detail of how she used to be of royalty but that she was enslaved for years.

She briefly exagerated on what happened to her but never fully explained it, mostly giving her miniscule amounts of information to her dark past. She did mention that periodically the villages where slaves were kept would be raided by soldiers, slaughtering as many of them as possible. Often while they were still chained and had no hope to escape. The only thing she gave more information on was how terrified she was. It wasnt just the tone in wich she spoke that gave away that she was horrified even mentioning it, her entire body shivered and her pace slowed down as she got closer to Jessie. She said she didnt want to go back but that she was bound to anyway. In response to whatever Jessie would say Sylvia would respond with "Do you honestly think that i am free forever? Soon enough i will be there again. For the time that i am free i will enjoy it for soon enough it will be over...".

After that the elf shut down, not saying a word anymore, only briefly glancing at Jessie. When they arrived at the bar Tower immediatly gave a small wave back at Jessie. Then as soon as Jessie was shoved away it was clear Tower stood up and headed to the door, this on it's own was enough to get him but when Sylvia was hit a sharp shot rang out followed by the sound of broken glass followed by Brad falling onto the ground. Klaut from inside the bar shot him in the leg, now Tower and the others were at the door ready to rush out but despite the fact Blaze kicked open the door it was Viktor who made the most intimidating entre. The huge giant of a man simply crashed through the thick wooden as if it was cake and charged at Brad. He picked him up and threw him into the nearest tree while the barkeeper from inside yelled "my wall!". The immortals (all except Tower) rushed over to the man to give him a beating of his own. Tower in the meantime casually strolled over to Jessie and helped her up after picking up Sylvia and holding her in his right arm. "You've done well Jessie..." He said as he turned around to face the immortals, most of them in a range. He let them continue for a bit before putting Sylv back on the ground next to Jessie. "Alright that's enough everyone. Leave something for the jailers."

Sylvia as soon as she was put on the ground fell onto Jessie, exhausted and in pain she seemed to almost fall asleep right then and there. Tower meanwhile picked up Brad, obviously mad at him shown by the way he handled him and brought him to one of the guards. After the ordeal most of the immortals left to go their own way. But Blaze, Jessie's friend before walking off briefly turned around to look at her. He didnt know how he felt but it wasnt negative, a mix of pride and happyness for his friend before turning around to go home. It lasted only a bit but like an approving parent or a contended companion Blaze left the scene with the old man that trained him. Sylvia meanwhile held on to Jessie, almost sleeping but just not yet. "C-can i stay with you at the encampment?" She asked softly as the sky began to turn cobalt again.

Eyes burning, fear rising, hatred bubbling, all of those feelings, they stuck Jessie like a smouldering hot bullet. Knocking out her breath, and freezing her to the ground. Yet they where all thrown away as Brad fell to his knees. Everyone came in, almost in slow motion, she saw Viktor throw the man, and everyone rush in like a wave from a tsunami, weapons drawn. Her eyes flew around, fixing on Sylvia as was placed down next to her. All of this wasn't good for her, she could see how fragile Sylvia was at this point, so much so Jessie quickly grabbed hold of her, holding her arm over her shoulder, to stop her from falling on the ground.

Jessie turned back to the ensuing chaos, only to hear Tower's voice calling for everyone to stop. Jessie was a bit annoyed that she wasn't able to get a hit in, but just knowing the man got shot in the leg and then thrown into a tree was enough for her. The night carried on a bit longer, everyone checking up on the two of them, until only Blaze was left. She smiled at the man, even though they didn't say anything, she knew the man was proud of her. After everything they had been through, that was all Jessie could ask for.

Her eyes looked down at Sylvia, as she edged on falling asleep. When she asked if she could stay at her camp, Jessie only smiled, propping herself up, practically caring the girl away, as the night darkened and the stars shone bright. Lighting up the cobalt sky.

Jessie starred into the fire. Poking it with a stick, too keep the embers alive. Her eyes flickered up to the sleeping elf, her head resting on Jessie's jacket, which she had rolled up as a makeshift pillow for Sylvia. Besides, Jessie could live without sleep, Sylvia didn't seem like she could go much longer. Jessie exhaled a long sigh as she looked back at the fire. Everything to her seemed out of hand and mad. With Sylvia opening up about her past, and with her living with Brad, she couldn't help but feel a sense of anger boiling in the pit of her stomach. She didn't want that for Sylvia, she didn't want to see another bruise mark her skin, ever.

"Do you honestly think that I am free forever? Soon enough I will be there again. For the time that I am free I will enjoy it for soon enough it will be over..." Ran through her head a million and one times. Jessie looked up at Sylvia one last time.

"Not if I can do anything about..." Jessie promised, a promise she would try her damn hardest too keep for the rest of her life.

By the end of the trip back to the encampment Jessie was practically carrying the little elf. It would prompt one to wonder if she would have been alive if this action happened any later. She was severely underfed and exhausted, carrying her was no challenge as her weight felt like less than 1kg. By the time her head hit the rolled up jacket she was long asleep and less then an hour after falling asleep her animals showed up. No one called them and no one sent them, they were just capable of tracking down their master to protect her. Notably the biggest one of them all, Barbsy laid himself around Sylvia and wrapped his tail around her, cradling her in his black fur. The night went on and as a stark reminder of how easily a beast like barbsy could wreck even a fortified village he yawned, not the gesture prompted one to remind it but rather the sheer size of the maw, one could fit a dragon in there. Though only now was revealed how much animals really followed the elf, the familiar spider was there but also animals Jessie had never seen before such as a phoenix and a large feline with green coloring.

The night slowly passed by and the next morning, mysteriously no one was there. Not Sylvia, not her animals, no one. Could this be connected to what she mentioned earlier? Could she have gotten captured and sent back to that twisted village she briefly described? It was certainly panick inducing when everything was so menacingly quiet. Did Jessie truly fail to protect her? Those questions were put to rest about 5 minutes after noticing that they were gone as from the distance one could hear 2 voices, but cheerfull and happy along with splashing. Upon investigating Jessie would find Barbsy guarding an area. Somehow it knew that Jessie saved Sylvia from that brute and now stepped aside. In the pond were two people: Sylvia and some sort of half fish person. Sylvia herself was not wearing her ranger armor wich was neatly folded up on the side of the lake. It would normally be a pleasant sight to see her like this if it werent for the horrible scars on her body. They were obviously burnmarks and scars from various torture tools, it became clear in an utmost grim manner that being punched by Brad was anything remotely comparable to what she had been through in the village she spoke of...

Despite the sudden dark revelation about Sylvia's past the scene itself was joyfull. She seemed to be playing with this fish like person who seemed to behave like a child. It mostly involved splashing water at eachother and seeing who can reach the deepest part of the lake as well as Sylvia throwing a small weight that sunk while she waited for the fish to fetch. "Go get it Vicyeth!" She shouted after throwing it. Vicyeth would then go after it and return after aproxamitly 10 minutes. She wasnt too smart but quite obviously Sylvia mothered over her. She never noticed Jessie. Vicyeth however looked at Jessie over Sylvia's shoulder while hugging with her. "What's wrong vic-vic?" Sylvia asked.

The night passed Jessie sat by the fire, almost drifting off into sleep. Yet, in her sleepy haze, her attention was stolen by the animals suddenly coming around Sylvia. Jessie wasn't quick to her gun, as she would normally be, instead her eye just locked onto the massive phoenix rested above the elf. Along with all the other animals, Jessie grinned in her sleep deprived high. "Heh... Where were you guys earlier today?" Jessie asked quietly, whether she got a response or not, was just a forgotten blur to her, as darkness washed over.

Jessie woke up the next morning, her back ached, and a few dead leaves stuck to her face. Sleeping wasn't comfortable, with her only bed given up to Sylvia, and nothing to use as a blanket. However Jessie could deal with it, she had slept in worse areas. Yet her mind suddenly snapped awake, as there was no sight of Sylvia. Instead there was just her rolled up jacket, and a soft print of the elvish woman. Scrambling to her feet, she ran over to the area where Sylvia slept, skipping over the smoking fireplace, as she grabbed her jacket. Slipping it on, her head looked in all directions, as fear bubbled in the pit of her stomach. Spending a few minutes tearing up her encampment for any sign of Sylvia, she came to a sudden stop, as two voices came into the back of her head. Her gun was instantly in her hand, as she thumbed a bullet into the camber.

She walked slow, following the voices carefully, slowly creeping through foliage, making as little noise as she could. Her hand reaching out, pulling the leaves away, as if she was uncovering some horror scene, or peeking at a painting. An odd sight suddenly filled her view, as she spotted Barbsy, Sylvia, and some strange fishlike creature. Instantly lowering her guard, as she came face to face with Barbsy, she nodded to the creature as it moved out of her way. Yet her eyes where quickly stolen by the scars on Sylvia's back. A few of which made Jessie cringe by just looking at them. If this was from her past, which they had to be, Jessie couldn't of imagined what the girl had to go through. Removing her jacket, Jessie suddenly realised her lack of shoes, not putting them on as she was in such as rush. Shaking her head she sat down next to Barbsy, not wanting to get closer, in case they noticed her, as well as due to her fear/hatred of water.

She kept quiet as Sylvia and the creature played, her hand moving up to Barbsy, gently stroking the beast, and scratching behind his ear, with no real thought. Although, Jessie did hold out her hands in defence, as the creature noticed her, and began to whimper like some child. An expression of concern and embarrassment filled her face, as it hung onto Sylvia. With Sylvia looking around to face her, Jessie could do nothing but give a little wave, as an embarrassed blush flushed over her.

Sylvia turned around to face Jessie. She wasnt wearing too much, as is normal with a person that is swimming and a blush got on her face. She held the fish in her arms while drifting further into the pond to cover her body, it was evident that she wanted to hide these scars on her back from Jessie. "HI! Goodmorning Jessie!" Once in the middle of the pond she took the weight again and throw it up. Instinctively Vicyeth chased it down to the bottom of the pond, in the meantime Sylvia swam back to the side of the pond to where Jessie was and leaned herself on the side of it. "I dont think you know her yet? That's Vicyeth. I found her about 3 years ago when she was just a little fish and i took care of her. Brad didnt want her in the house so i had to bring her to a friend of mine... But now that he's gone she can stay with me alot more... Im scared to take her back because she made friends at the orphanage... But at least i get to spent time with her." Soon enough the fish emerged again with the weight in her hand and made a mad swim back to Sylvia right into her arms while happily squealing. From up close she was even weirder, not like mermaids sailors would fear as she still had legs and bright blue skin. Only certain parts of her body were covered in scales. Among other things she had small shapes of luminescent patches on her cheeks.

The fish happily splashed around Sylvia, seemingly already forgetten about how Jessie scared her a few minutes back. Sylvia held her close and petter her on the head. "She's so nice, but her species is often hunted because certain organs can be processed into a drug that increases the lifespan of a mortal being. But putting down something like this is not a fair trade for immortality... Only i and the orphanage keeper can protect her because others would just... Sell her." She kept the fish a bit closer to herself and Jessie. It looked around curiously with a perpetual smile. "Jessie... When the time comes and i am taken back to where i come from... Can i count on you to protect her?"

Upon being noticed, Jessie moved herself somewhat closer to the edge, just so she could speak to Sylvia a bit easier. With the creature re-emerging from the water, her eyes where taken off Sylvia and locked onto the creature. The look of the creature was just odd, nothing like what the pirates, down in bloodspike, would describe a mermaid as. No this was a different type of creature, it was far two humanoid in shape to be a mermaid, yet it was covered in glossy blue scales. It was something she could only pin as a species of mer-folk, from what she had heard from old sea sailing pirates that is.

Yet, her attention was soon directed elsewhere, as before Sylvia could utter another word, Jessie felt herself slipping. Sitting on the edge of the ground, she could feel the ground slipping under her weight towards the water. Jessie's eyes widened in fear, as she suddenly through herself back, as the ground underneath her crumbled into the water. With a terrified eye pitched shriek, loud enough to scare away a few birds in the tree, Jessie found herself launched far back behind Barbsy. Her left trouser leg was soaked in water, as she sat there breathing heavily. "D-Damn water..." She mumbled under her breath, before quickly giving a sheepish sorry, scratching the back of her head in embarrassment.

After regaining herself, Jessie sat back down, now a bit further away and on more solid ground. She went a bit quiet just watching the two, with gentle embarrassment on her face. Sylvia suddenly spoke up, asking if she would take care of Vicyeth. Jessie just starred at Sylvia for a moment with a wide eye expression. Why the hell was Sylvia asking her? Surely there was someone better suited for this. But whatever it was, she couldn't say no. So with an awkward nod, she agreed.

She smiled and gave Jessie a relieved look. "Thank you... You need to understand i dont want to go back... But they made clear that i belong there... Im just glad my little fish will be safe when the time comes." Vicyeth responded in giggles when Jessie launched herself out of the pond to escape the cold water, Sylvia too fought back a small giggle. After about 15 minutes of entertaining the fish girl it seemed Sylvia was ready to get out of the water herself, emerging out of the pond close to where Jessie was to put her clothes back on. Vicyeth meanwhile flailed her way onto the land, in Jessie's direction. As Sylvia put her clothes on the fish aproached Jessie in a way similar like a catterpillar combined with awkward flopping and cheerfull noises eminating from her. Formerly she was intimidated by Jessie's demonic apearance but now she was seeking contact with her, in her own special way. It was similar to a dog seeking affection by laying her head on Jessie's lap with a confused expression on her face.

After a few minutes Sylvia emerged from the bushes with her clothes on but she stopped dead in her tracks when she saw Vicyeth this close to Jessie. She smiled and slowly aproached the two without attracting the fragile attention of Vicyeth and sat down next to her, having Vicyeth between Jessie and herself. Vicyeth cradled herself between Jessie and Sylvia while Barbsy laid himself against Sylvia. "I think she likes you, Jessie... Normally she's afraid of strangers." Sylvia was now much close to Jessie than usual, sure, Jessie carried her to the encampment when she freed Sylvia of her abusive husband but she was asleep then. Now Sylvia was a wake and seemingly cuddling up to Jessie with Vicyeth. Sylvia leaned her head on Vicyeth's head who was squeeling joyfully. "Isnt she adorable?" Sylvia asked.

It was a warm day, the only thing with a cool temperature was still the fish and that was mostly because unlike Sylvia who wore a bathing suit she never changed and was still drenched in the water of the pond. It was a nice change of pace from the usual training drills that Sylvia made Jessie do for weeks. "So... Tower helped me find a home in these forests because i cant live in Brad's house. He's still finalizing the deal for me but it's not far from here and i will be using it for the first time tonight. Want to go take a look at it?" She looked down and noticed Vicyeth fell asleep. "When she wakes up...?"

Time went by and it was mostly consisting of awkward filler conversation, occasionally looking away blushing and giggling on Sylvia's behalf. It did look like she was enjoying herself though, something cathardic after looking through the window for a week when she was with brad. They talked for a bit and over the conversation both of them often looked away blushing as soon as their eyes locked onto eachother, Vicyeth was fast asleep during all this too. Eventually they leaned into eachother and the moments their lips were a second away from touching Vicyeth began squealing cheerfull noises to indicate that she was awake. It also caused Sylvia to immediatly pull back and pretend nothing happened. "Come on Vic! Want to look at the new house?" "YESH!" "Right! Then go lets take a look!" She said picking the fish girl up in her arms before looking at Jessie over her shoulder. "You coming too? Im giving a housewarming party tonight and you're invited!"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Going Legit (Private)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus