Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Festival of BETEO Thread 'Archive'

So, I read the articles/news posts of Festival of Being Excellent To Each Other with quite the interest and now that it's over, was left thinking I would like to be able to look back at them without digging trough the news, besides, this information is useful to people who join afterward, too, and then they simply don't know what to look for, so maybe there could be a compilation of these posts as sticky in Smalltalk or RP discussions for everyone to easily find?

Also, if I may say, sometime in the future, I would like to read article about actually asking someone to role play with you, dealing with rejection if it comes, then getting used to each other as role play partners and how to go trough that possibly quite awkward plotting stage. For me, as a quite awkward person at these things, it would be very useful!
Sanne Moderator

I do enjoy this suggestion very much! I hope it's possible in the (near) future to have a more solid archive for events that span multiple days.

However! At this moment it's also possible to narrow down the amount of news posts to make searching easier. You can filter by different topics to the top right of the news page:

Categories

All News
Community News
Updates
Events & Nerdidays

Events & Nerdidays will allow you to find the FOBETEO much faster for now. :D
Sadrain Topic Starter

Thank you for the reply, it will be useful when I want to reread and if I meet someone new with problems discussed in BETEO, I will surely point them in this direction. I am still looking towards an archive of sorts, but for now, it will certainly suffice.
Kim Site Admin

OH wow, I love this post! It's sometimes hard to tell how much help those posts are doing. Thank you for saying so! :)

The link to the 2012 FOBETEO event is still valid as well, even though it doesn't appear in the top nav anymore: http://www.rprepository.com/community/holiday2012.php to see all of the posts related to the FOBETEO. :) Perhaps specific events could become a subcategory of the "events" navigation, for people who want to look back.

There's no similar one for FOBETEO 2011, but that should probably be fixed.
Sadrain Topic Starter

:) I am glad I turned out to be helpful while being honest.

That's a very helpful link, I hope it does not get removed and 2011's could get fixed, too, since I wasn't there for that event I am very curious what those posts were about!
Kim Site Admin

I don't think it will ever be removed. We didn't even remove 2011s link -- there just wasn't an event page back then, it was all run through the news. So we don't so much need to fix it as create it. :)
Kim Site Admin

Sadrain Topic Starter

Thank you so much! I will bookmark them both now! And read this one, too. 8D

Which leads to another idea - how about bookmarks within the RPR, like on sidebar? Could work similar to character 'save for later' widget someone suggested.
Kim Site Admin

As much as I can see the use, I don't really want to duplicate functionality already offered by every browser in existence. There's just too much RP-specific features that browsers don't offer that we could! :D
Sadrain Topic Starter

Mmm, well, if you say so, though some people have a lot of bookmarks, though, and it would be beneficial for them to have separate place for them within RPR, and it could have a sort of activity feed thing, like someone said in groups, only for chosen threads and static of characters or users. It would combine all the features currently suggested in one.

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Festival of BETEO Thread 'Archive'

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus