Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Salvation and Damnation

For almost six thousand years we have stood as Humanity's protectors, its guardians against the horrors of the Infinite War... hidden, silent, secret.

The Order of The Nine, The Watchers, The Society. We have been known by many names over the centuries, but we have never failed in our duty, never shrank from the dangers. Angels and Demons, Vampires and Werewolves, Ghosts and Undead and horrors beyond name, we have fought against them all.

And then... The Veil was sundered and all was lost.

The year is 2018, and the world has changed beyond all recognition.

Four years ago, The Veil, the barrier between the Human and Supernatural Realms that had shielded Humanity for almost six millennia failed, rifts were torn open and horror poured out upon the earth and Mankind fell.

Caught by surprise by the sudden invasion from creature long thought myth, the nations of the world crumbled before the onslaught. The Society, experienced in fighting these creatures but few in number, fought a delaying action against the monsters, hoping to buy Humanity enough time to rally and put forward a concerted defense. It was not until Grandmaster James O'Hara led the Aetherian Corps into a suicide mission deep into demon-held territory that the tide began to turn.

The four Aetherians and the Grandmaster sacrificed themselves to seal the Meggido Rift, the largest portal between Earth and the Lower Planes. Whilst this did not prevent Demons from entering the world via other portals, it bought Humanity enough time to rally and make its stand. At the same time, more rifts opened, these connected to the Higher Planes and the Angelic Hosts poured through. At first, the Angels concentrated solely on attacking the Demons, but before long they aso started to target 'sinners' amongst the Humans as well.

Now, four years after the Sundering of the Veil, the world is locked in a three-way war between the Angelic Hosts, the Infernal Legions and Free Humanity. The Earth is devastated, many nations have fallen and cities destroyed and millions, perhaps billions, are dead or enslaved.

The Sanctuary Zone, the area controlled by ‘Free Humanity’ comprises most of North America, Europe and bits of Asia, most notably China. It is policed by a force comprised of the militaries of every nation still around as well as members of The Society.

Then there's the ‘Lawless Zone’ where social order broke down entirely, it covers most of Africa, as well as bits of Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Central Asia. These chaotic places are pretty much your average post-apocalypse world; bands of scavengers, survivors and warlords running rampant across the countryside and the shattered remnants of the cities.

Other places are ruled by the Demons. Hell on Earth. Slaves, torture, chaos, the land ravaged and filled with demonic creatures, the flora and fauna and the very ground itself mutated into twisted, deadly horrors.

Finally there's Angelic territory. Any and all sin is banned. This means steal and you have a limb removed. Get caught being jealous or lying and you get put in prison or have something important, like a tooth, taken out. Heaven on Earth is a very harsh, very law-abiding place.

As you can see, this is a pretty detailed setting. I'm hoping to have an RP set in it, with a wide variety of characters; demons, angels and other supernatural creatures as well as Human soldiers, refugees or anyone else you might like to play. Tech is about the same as we have now, it's just that a lot of luxuries aren't available, things like fuel, electricity and running water are scarce in some places, and a great deal of it is taken by the military. A lot of places will be over-crowded half-ruined cities under martial law and such, or the very very dangerous wildernesses in between.

Any takers?
My characters Dave Jameson, Jayne, Fyra or Hella might fit the setting. Feel free to take a look :)
Terel Topic Starter

They seem to fit pretty well, actually. I'm planning on uses my characters Jerian and Dawn for this RP, since this is exactly the sort of world I created them for in the first place.

Anything you want to ask about the setting, or any ideas you have for an RP in the setting?
Fyra is essentially a resistance character, so unless you've got an idea on something similar, she can be counted out. Jayne has a hidden monster inside her which she doesn't know nor control, so she can be on the run for the angelics if you want. Dave can fit any setting as long as there's a city involved, and some wasteland as well. Hella is shy and hides her being Anthro. I don't really know where she could fit best in this setting.
Terel Topic Starter

Well, there are a large number of resistance movements in both Angelic and Demonic territory, and to be honest most of Free Humanity could be counted as one big resistance movement anyway. Jayne would definetly be hunted by Angels, and there'd be at least mistrust if not outright hostility from Humans, especially members of the military or The Society.
Jayne keeps her monster side hidden though, humans might not even know about it :) In her own setting, she actually lives in a city amongst regular humans.
Terel Topic Starter

I see, still things could get hairy in a world like this if she's ever found out.
That's for certain :) any furhter ideas for either of these characters?
I may be able to offer one of my characters, The Saint, he hunts beasts and creatures for a living, not to mention he also kills sinners.
I see a group RP coming from this :)
Terel Topic Starter

So can I, one I look forward to.

Does anyone have any questions or concerns about the setting, or anything they'd like to see added or changed? I'm not sure if its clea on the OP, but there'll be other creatures besides Angels and Demons that can be involved too; ghosts, spirits, elementals, vampires, werewolves, you name it and some of them have crossed over into our world, or made themselves known and come out of hiding after the invasions started. Some help humans, some hate humans, others are feral animals and still others are indifferent to any side and try to keep neutral.
Terel Topic Starter

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Salvation and Damnation

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus