Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » A Foggy River

Lilura Ibarra (played anonymously)

(hopefully you don't mind a cold London day, it's -24 [-11.2 for Americans] and below -40 with the windchill. I got to see the Saskatchewan River all foggy this morning, which was an amazing sight that I love every time and it inspired me. I truly hope you don't mind that I've made a focus of that in my post!)

The Thames wasn't visible on a morning this cold. The water was hidden under the thick fog, making even the most assured man think twice about working. The chill came to the bone, burning and biting, fighting bitterly to find its way in.

Lilura Ibarra wasn't deterred, though. She needed supplies and she had very little money to pay for them with. The last cheque she had been given had gone to whisky and a little food. Now she needed things. Lots of things. Wire. Wood. Metal scraps.

The best place to get those items was the riverbank. Even if she couldn't find it there directly herself, she could find someone who would sell it to her. She had a few pounds in coins (hidden all around her body in many pockets) and she was armed. Her father's jacket was pulled tightly around her to keep the cold out, but it didn't help much.

The cold was the worst offender, soaking her wool scarf and socks. At least it kept her warm, if itchy. She walked with purpose, ignoring anyone who bothered her. All she needed was supplies.

She had plenty of booze, plenty of warm, dry wood at him. All she needed was supplies, but with her, it was never that easy.
(( -24? Sweet baby Jebus Christmas, here in Belgium it's not nearly that cold! It is a good inspiration, though. I like it.))

It had been hell finding a spot where Bender could place his boat. While he was gone, new regulations had struck England. Regulations for which Bender Of Iron Will was without papers. His entire morning, ruined by officials who kept asking for the updated registrations Bender simply didn't own. Not that he was planning on getting them now, though. His entire boat looked more like driftwood than anything else.

Half sinking, the once proud frigate, The Moneymaker, was an eyesore on the docks of London. While Bender's crew was gone, "waiting" in the local pub or their homes for the ship to be fixed, the old captain was forced with a difficult choice: repair the damn thing, or replace it. The old man was closely tied to his frigate. It'd be painful to see it go.

Pondering the situation, Bender too walked the riverbank. Part of making his choice was seeing how much restoration parts would cost. With his green cloak covering his body from the cold, Bender sluggishly searched for a dealer in wood and metal.
Lilura Ibarra (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Lilura walked with purpose, her leg clicking as it hit the cold, icy shore. She could barely find purchase with her boot, much less the worn end of her prosthetic and it was affecting her. Lilura's peg came up off the ground as quickly as she could to give her a lopsided gait.

The sellers were out, but it was hard to find them. even they didn't venture too close to the river, and unlooted bodies could be seen. The cold of the water made skin blue and pale, the dead fine for another few days in their semi-frozen state.

Finally she saw the man she wanted to see, "Michaels." She called out, a bit loud - but the fog ate her words, making them a whisper to her friend. She moved quicker, hoping the speed would keep her feet under her as she moved.

It was only somewhat successful as she fell at the man's feet, eliciting a hearty laugh from him.
The riverside had changed, Bender realized as he walked over its shores. Not because of the change of architecture, but because so many of his former and loved stores seemed to be out of business. The older generation was making room for the newer one, Bender figured. He did not like that one bit. Every salesman that still trusted the old pirate left without him knowing. This morning only got worse.

"Ain't there no bloody workshop left in this gods forsaken city!?" He yelled in frustration, probably drawing a couple of strange looks his direction, if they could even see him through this thick mist. The pirate wore his goggles, as to keep the dampness away from his eyes. He would ask people around for a trader in wood and steel, until he'd either stumble upon it, or get some directions.

Michaels looked down at Lilura, picking her up, "It seems there is another customer waiting for me. Someone who sounds like he might spent a bit more money than you, dear inventor." He laughed again. He was a large man and the cold didn't seem to bother him much.

He moved towards Bender's voice, "Come my way, sir, and I'll sell you what I can!" He chuckled and threw his coat around the short woman, ignoring her protests.
Looks like Bender's screams paid off. The old pirate gives a friendly nod towards both Lilura and the salesman."Sir, ma'am."

He looked around a bit, happy to finally see again. Never before had he been stuck in such a thick mist."I'll get get straight ta business. Ya seem like the busy sort." He couldn't help but chuckle."Me frigate's barely functionin'. Half o' me mods 're broken as well. Curse this 'ere part o' the sea. I'll be needin' a lot of o yer stuff. How much o' a discount are ya willin' to offer an ol' sailor should he decide ta buy in bulk?"

Bender's eyes were immediately drawn to Lilura and her leg, though he didn't ask her how she got it. Being augmented himself, he knew getting that question could get very annoying, even though there was usually a great story behind it. Bender himself kept his steel arm under his cloak.

Micheals laughed heartily, "Depends on how big a bulk you're looking at friend. See, I got wood and I know who will have more, I jus' need some time in collectin' it."

Lilura rolled her eyes again, pulling Micheal's coat around her, "'ow much wood is you lookin' for? I got wood an' its dry and I'm thinkin' you migh' have somethin' I might wan'." She tucked her own missing hand into her pocket, looking to see if maybe there was something worth taking from Michael for being so rude to her.
"Oh, it's big, mate. Real big. Not sure if yer familiar with frigates, but they ain't no rowin' boats. Ya bet yer big head it's goin' ta be big." He grinned. Though the woman got his attention now."I'm pretty sure it ain't me good looks ya need. I got me some gold lyin' 'round though, I'm sure o' it." He found himself in a favorable position now. Two people willing to provide him with goods! How lovely. Looks like he might get a good deal after all!

"Whatever it is ya need, I've probably got it. I'll buy from whoever's givin' me the most lucrative offer." His wide grin never leaved his face.

((also if I completely misinterpreted that post like the buffoon I am, gimme a shout and I'll edit it))

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » A Foggy River

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus