Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » come and get me

Cheshire (played by hiddensoul14)

cheshire ran through the town barefoot. she bumped into every one as she ran in a hospital gown her black hair flowed behind her in a disheveled mess , behind her where several security guards with dogs and a few scientists that chased her through town she quickly turned any corner she could trying to avoid the men chasing her

she ran and ran as fast as her feet could carry her and that was actually pretty fast she was far ahead of the men and dogs . she quickly climbed up a fire escape and started jumping roofs when she finally came to a point where she could not jump. cheshire turned to see that she was surrounded " kayla stop this" one of the scientists said as he stepped closer " come back please , we dont want to hurt you"

cheshire looked down at her 5 story drop to the ground below,. she then looked back at the scientist " you've already hurt me" she then jumped off the building and dissapeared , reappearing several blocks away " i -i think i lost them" she said to herself as she dropped to her knees";
Adrian Sheppard Seni (played by PenGryphon2007)

Senior Agent Adrian Sheppard, dressed in a formal gray suit with dark shoes, stopped short just as someone crashed into him. He turned, just barely keeping his hand from reaching out to stop the girl, when he realized two things. The first was that she was obviously being chased. The second was that she reeked of mutant ability.

The latter was his own mutant ability showing through, and he knew at once what he had to do. He stepped out of the way as several scientists went running past him in hot pursuit--and then he waited. Sure enough, a vision swept across his eyes. A breath of fresh air, and a sudden shift in smells--the girl wasn't just any mutant, she had an interesting ability. One that he could make use of if he could convince her to join his side.

And given the scientists who were after her...he figured she might accept. Abandoning his earlier quest, he headed for the location his vision had given him.

He found her without too much trouble, his ability zeroing in on her location fairly accurately. "That was quite impressive," he said, "for a young girl like yourself." He stayed several yards away, his hands open and empty at his sides, his eyes watchful for whatever she might pull--would she teleport again immediately or would she stay long enough to chat?
Cheshire (played by hiddensoul14) Topic Starter

cheshire back up onto a wall as she tried to escape from the man infront of her , she looked him up and down but he didnt appear to be a scientist or a guard "w-w-who are you" she managed to stutter as she frantically tried to push her self up against the wall

Adrian had expected as much from the girl, fear and flight being the first things any mutant would resort to. And he wasn't keen on fighting her, who knew what else she could teleport. Assuming she could do that. She was still young--perhaps he could teach her.

"My name is Sheppard," he said with a smile. He wouldn't mention he was an agent yet--though likely she'd reach that conclusion sooner or later. "You ran into me earlier when you fled those scientists, but you don't need to fear me. I won't turn you in. I want to help you."

He paused to let his words soak in before adding. "You don't have much control over your ability, do you? You're just a kid. And I'm just the guy who can help you develop those abilities when you need them to work. If you're wondering how I know all this? The truth is," his voice lowered, "I'm a mutant myself."

cheashire let out a quick sigh and her face relaxed " oh , so your not one of the guys i was running from ,bummer" she rstood up on her feet and put her arms behind her head " you can turn me in , i dont care they wont be able to catch me , besides that would just make the game more fun" cheshire chuckled a bit " anyways i have great control of my ability so i dont need your help , thanks anyways" some how this young girl who had just been running for her life and scared out of her mind was now all calm cool and collected as if it what she was doing was a game

Sheppard sighed and shook his head. "I'm afraid I can't let you do that. You're making a trail all over the city and you'll be making it impossible for other mutants to hide--and make it impossible for me to find them."

He paused. "By the way, how does your teleportation work? Do you need to have been to a place before you can teleport there? Or...do you just imagine it into being and hope you don't end up in a wall?"

"Teleport?" cheshire said with a raised eyebrow then started to laugh " i dont teleport , i dissapear and reappear anywhere i like " dissapears "like here" reappears behind the man and dissapears "or here " reapears above the man on a fire escape " i can also do this" removes her head and spins it on her finger then places it back " and this" cheshires enitire body turns invisible except for her clothes " you see this is no teleportation i am the Cheshire cat" she reapears and jumps down from the fire escape " and this is just a game , i escape they chase me down and eventually i let them catch me , its a never ending game " cheshire looked up at the man "oh and im not really a mutant i m a science experiment though i guess you could call me a mutant since i was originally human" she puts a hand to her chin and closes her eyes to think

Sheppard just stared at her, turning when she disappeared to reappear. He'd seen many things in his life--but this was altogether different. This went beyond mutant ability. He wasn't sure what it was.

"The Cheshire Cat? Why do they--how do you--?" he didn't know where to begin first with his questions. Clearly she didn't need help with her ability--however it had happened. "Are there more of you? Cheshires, I mean." If there were, he could sense there would be an astronomical increase in crime if they got it into their heads to cause trouble.

cheshire started to laugh " no im the only one all the others died before they were completed "cheshire sniffed the air a bit " here they come" she then began to stretch " you seem very surprised. i thought you said you where a mutant" she asked as she raised an eyebrow

Sheppard shook his head. "I am but...you're the first I've seen to have this particular ability. Well, if they're coming, you may as well have your fun."

There was nothing for him to do here, he saw now. Whatever his vision had been, it would likely lead him astray whenever he crossed paths with her--or her with him as the case may be. He rubbed his temple with one hand.

"I'll just be heading back to work, then." He didn't particularly care to see what happened when the scientists showed up, and since the Cheshire-mutant had no problems, seemingly, with being caught, he didn't see why he might need to interfere. It wasn't his business anyway. "Take care that you don't get into too much trouble," he warned.

cheshire nodded " say you said you where going back to work , what exactly can you , a mutant do for work" cheshire looked very curious to know the answer

Sheppard grinned at Cheshire's question. "What can I do for work?" He reached into his suit jacket and pulled out a badge, flashing it briefly at her.
The letters first and foremost said: FBI.

"My ability isn't easy to discover, but it was...startling to say the least. It's also helped me to follow the paths of delinquent mutants, as well as humans. I can see their trails, on occasion. It works best with mutants, and well science experiments apparently. Regular average humans aren't as easy to trace--they're patterns are too similar to those around them so I get lost easier."

He heard the noises of the scientists who were apparently coming to collect their experiment. "I can do one thing for you," he offered hesitantly. "If I take you into 'custody' with the FBI, your scientist friends can't follow your trail and you'd be free to go from there. Assuming of course you don't get into trouble along the way."

cheshire thought a moment " the same old boring game or a new exciting one, i think you already know my answer " she opened one eye and smiled at sheppard " but i will need some clothes , cant really walk around in a hospital gown now can i"

Sheppard grinned. "You have a point. There's a clothing store less than a block away; I'll buy you an outfit or two so you have something decent to wear."

He paused then, realizing there was a flaw in his plan. "How old are you?"

"hmmm , i think im 16 but im really not sure" she opened both her eyes to look at sheppard properly "i've spent majority of my life in a tank so i dont really know for sure, is that a problem"

"In a--in a tank?" He could barely form the words, though he'd heard of mutants in terrible conditions before. "If you're sixteen--" he sighed. "We're gonna have to set you up with something--a job at the very least and earn money that way. If you were any younger that'd be a problem.

"Also if you want to fit in--you're going to have to stop using your Cheshire trick so openly. Otherwise you'll be right back to square one and you'll be back in a tank again." Although evidently that didn't keep her from using her ability.

" hmmmmm" chshire closed her eyes and tilted her head "well" she crossed her arms "i dont know if i can but i can try "she opened her eyes " okay ill give it a shot but im making no promises"

Sheppard smiled. "That's all I can ask. I suppose if you need to leave for any reason, you can do that easily enough. But first, clothing."

He'd head for the nearest clothing store, figuring either Cheshire would follow him or...meet him there. "Do you have a name?" he asked suddenly, wondering if she had a proper one.

cheshire followed sheppard " my real name is Kayla Stark or at least thats what the scientist call me ,but i prefer to be called cheshire " she skipped along next to sheppard water dripping from her long black hair and gown with every step

"Kayla Stark," he mused. "It's a good name." He'd heard of most experiments called by their project name or worse, a set of numbers and letters of whatever test tube they had come out of.

"When did you discover your ability to do the...Cheshire thing?" he asked. The clothing store was coming into view--but then so were the scientists in hot pursuit. "You may want to do that trick now, I'll meet you in the store."

Just then one of the scientists hailed them from behind. "Hey, you! Where do you think you're going with that girl?!"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » come and get me

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus