Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Event reminder emails

Ilmarinen Moderator

So, I am a really forgetful person! I would love it if I got e-mail reminders about events I've RSVPed to. Maybe there could be a way to let me choose how many notifications (up to, Iunno, 3 or 5) and how many hours before the event to send each one out. (So like, send one email 3 hours before and another 1 hour before, etc.) And/or maybe popup notifications if I'm on the site at the time?
Oooh. I'd love that . I think a pop up notification, if possible, in the feed would work really well. I've come to notice it is easy to ignore the events listing as its tucked on the side of the page and down a bit.
Kim Site Admin

Event reminders is totes planned, though its specific form will need to be considered carefully. To prevent spamming them, I was going to restrict them to occurring only when someone had RSVPed Yes or Maybe to the event, and provide some options for people about whether they wanted to receive them, at what intervals, and where.

Keeping track of all this will certainly mean that Server needs to learn some new tricks! Good thing it loves trivia to begin with. ;)

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Event reminder emails

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus