Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » A Quest For The Cure

Cay did not waste time.

When she was further from their camp, she drew her bow and listened. She did not quite have the hearing abilities of her mother, but she liked to think her hearing was better than a normal human. As far as she could tell, she couldn't hear any running water. While they had canteens, it would be better to have something extra, so she continued on.

Every few steps she would grab some wood and hold it under her arm as she continued. With the sun setting, the area under the canopy of the trees was already dark, but luckily she did inherit her mothers vision, so she could still see rather well in the dim light.

Some movement to her right caused her to pause, leaning down to set her pile of wood on the ground gingerly before she pulled her bow up. She leaned around a tree, arrow notched and saw a small group of deer making their way through a deer trail. Curious, the woman slung her bow back over her and picked up the wood pile before she followed. She made sure to keep her distance, as she hoped the deer would lead her to a water source. There were a few close calls, the deer had far superior hearing than she, but in the end, she got what she wanted.

The stream was small, but the water was running and not stagnant. She had decided against sacrificing one of the deer for their meal (they had led her to the water after all), so she settled on a vegetarian meal for that night. A few large canteens in her pack were filled, she filled one linen sack with nuts and another with berries that grew near the stream. She even gathered some wild root vegetables she had found on the way back to the camp. She was hoping that when she got back, her companions would be glad of her gathering skills. Her priority once she got back, however, would be leading the stallions and mare back to the stream.
Auren Corve (played by darkborn202)

Auren wandered around the campsite, making sure not to stray too far. Every so often, he would bend down and pick up some pieces of wood he considered suitable firewood. But his mind wasn't fully occupied to the task. It was fighting itself.

Auren had always known that the darkness in his mind was strong. He knew that it was evil. However, he also knew, that one day, he would break. The lust for blood was persistent. It never wavered. It wore him down mentally. He knew that if he didn't get proper times to gather himself together, it would destroy that mental barrier protecting him from its influence. He knew that would happen. So he was glad for this moment.

When he gathered enough wood, he headed back to camp.

(Bad post, sorry. Rushed.)
Sybelle Evara (played by BookLover02) Topic Starter

(Its okay)

Now alone, Sybelle got to work. She had grabbed the other tents before the other headed off, and had each of them pitched in no time.

"Now, listen up little one," Came the gentle voice of the elder woman. A little girl raised her head from her work in awknoweldgement. "Sometimes it is better do fo things by hand, don't you think?" The woman, her grandmother,
snapped her fingers, a quill dropping from its previous position. "Magic is not something to use lightly, Sunshine. Understand?" The girl nodded, picking the quill with her small, slender fingers and continuing on with her notes.

Sybelle wiped the perspire off if her forehead, and took a seat on the emerald grass. She listened to the forest, basking in the darkening sky and the faint chirps of crickets now revealing themselves to the evening sky. Her eyes searched the sky, looking for something quite not there, letting her mind linger on the days of her childhood.
((Hey guys, I'm so sorry for not posting yet. I've been incredibly busy, and today is about the same. I will try to post if I have time today, but at the latest I will be posting tomorrow AM. Thank you for your understanding!))

((Don't worry, I have been really busy myself. I completely understand :) ))
The young half-elf finally broke through the tree-line again, bogged down a bit by a bit of wood and her foodstuffs. By now, the sun was still but a sliver in the sky, but it was somewhat relieving that the clearing they were at was still a bit lit up more than the rest of the forest. Her eyes noted the tents and she smiled, seeing Bel in the grass.

"Hungry, Bel?" The girl moved over to her companion and slowly lowered what wood she did get, as well as unhooking the bags she held around her belt. The cloth bags were opened and placed next to the mage, revealing the berries, nuts and root veggies. "I found some water, too." The flasks were taken out of another bag and placed nearby before she stood again. "Please don't wait for me to eat. I am going to bring the horses over to get water."

Without waiting for the girl to respond, she turned around and hustled over to the stallions and her mare. She spoke to them softly in elvish, likely something to keep them calm as she unhooked their leads. She continued speaking as she leads them into the forest.

Auren entered the clearing. He stopped short, seeing the stack of wood. "Did Caelvanna get some wood as well?" Without waiting for the answer, he put his wood down and set up a campfire. After getting the campfire ready, he turned to Sybelle, and quietly asked, "Could you get the fire started? We need to get it to a char-roast." He then turned to the meat.

He began his process and finished it quickly. First, he skinned the deer and removed many of the organs from its body. He then began to cut off chunks of flesh. When the elf came back, he would ask her to set up something to rotate the deer.

Right now, he had to concentrate on the peace in his mind in the face of the deer blood. And mentally sort through what herbs would suit the deer meat the best.

Sybelle was effectively snapped back into the world when Cay asked if she was hungry. Bel nodded, "Starving," she replied with a grin. She didn't mind letting Cay take the horses to get water, as she trusted her companion greatly. She made that mistake a few times, and was more than willing to not have it happen again.

Bel heard Auren approach, and answered, "Yes, she did. She also grabbed some berries and took the horses to get water." She waited until he was done setting up the campfire, and nodded at his question. "I don't mind," She replied cheerfully, immediately getting to work.

A golden trail of light weaved in and put of her fingers and over her palm as she whispered the spell in a hushed tone. The golden light soon floated over to the wood, then twisting itself into a ball, and resting on the surface. It begin to dance a bright orange-gold color, eventually molding itself into a flame. Though Sybelle had done this countless times, she still found awe in the sight.
The horses were lead to the stream and were given slack in order to sate their thirst. The didn't actually have a curry comb or anything, but the woman tended to their saddles and such, ensuring no debris had lodged itself anywhere along their journey. When stallions and mare were finished, she would take their leads and bring them back to camp.

She arrived a while later, darkness finally having settled in the forest. The horses were tied back up at their respective areas before she turned to join the group by the fire. She noticed the deer.

"You hunted?" She looked to Auren surprisedly, assuming that Bel had been tending to the clearing the whole time she was gone.

((Sorry, had lots of school, could only post once or twice. I'll post sometime today. And I'll fix the logic fart.))

Auren looked up at Caelvanna's surprised voice. "No, I just found it in the woods. It was suspicious at first- a freshly dead deer in the woods, with no predators or scavengers around? It was suspicious. Still, meat is meat, as long as it's not poisonous, which this meat isn't. Now, if you would be so kind as to set up the roasting pit, we can spit this deer, and I can then wash my clothes." At the end of that dialogue, he gestured to his clothes with a grimace, showing its bloodstains.

Of course, Auren was plenty surprised to find the deer in the middle of the woods with nothing around it. It was.. ominous. However, food is food, and they needed to conserve their supplies.

Sybelle had stood, waiting to assist Cay in setting up the roasting pit if she needed. Bel agreed with Auren; it was very suspicious that he found the deer that way. "Are you sure you didn't see anything hinting the presence of others?" It could have been a trap, as far as she was concerned. It could been bandits or rogues, placing the deer there to attract prey, then attack, or follow them to attack their camp. Scenarios began to flash through her mind.

She shook off the negative thoughts, trying to focus on then and now. It was often that her mind would wander, sometimes earning her more trouble than it was worth. "Anyways, let's not think too much of it," she mainly stated to herself, "We need to eat, after all."
Of course, the dead deer being found posed a worry. As far as she could tell, from her angle, there was no killing blow injury. So unless on the other side of the deer held the answer, she couldn't be certain. It wasn't unheard of for wild animals to abandon prey in the midst of danger...

"We have antidotes on our persons. But hopefully, we will not have to use any." The woman's mind ran through the area's she had been, and what plants had been there. If they did need to use antidotes, she had to be sure they could replenish them.

"Food is food, so I am hoping we simply scared the true killer away. But regardless, we must keep our eyes and ear out in the even of bandits." He tone was a warning, but she, of course, did not want them to be unable to eat with worry. "After eating our fill, two of us will rest while the other keeps watch. We should switch every few hours so we all get rest."

Auren nodded. It seems the two girls had plenty of common sense. Thank the Spirit... anyways, a task was appointed. Therefore... "I'll take first watch. I'll wake second watch in 4 hours." Auren said.
Eden (played anonymously)

Sybelle Evara wrote:
The throne room was larger than what Sybelle had expected. The title floor reflected the sunlight pouring out of the large, open window to her right. The high ceiling held a crystal chandelier, and how it had gotten up there was unknown to her, but she guessed it was by magic. Two thrones were placed at the front of the large room, in opposition to the large oak doors leading into the main hall. Upon the velvet seat of the one on the left sat the Queen, her piercing eyes on the girl before her. In a clear voice, she asked, "You are Sybelle Evara, are you not?" Sybelle nodded, and replied, "I am." The Queen smiled softly. "I am glad you are here, but we shall wait for one more before I discuss what I need you with." At her words, Sybelle looked towards the grand oak doors expectantly.
may i join

(Yes, you may join. Feel free to join in when you feel it is the moment is right)

Sybelle nodded. "I'll take second watch then," she stated. She went back to her tent, re-orginizing her things before going to get some rest before her time to watch.
Iavre Genren (played by Cookiesareyummie)

(May I join?)

Iavre Genren wrote:
(May I join?)

(Yes then after you that's it)

(Thanks)

Iavre sighed a bit , well grapping her broken bow , she wanted to go hunting but when she woke up that on If the dogs had the bow in their mouth.

She walked downstairs to the queen , “How am I supposed to fix this?” She handed the bow to queen , the queen was for Iavre like a mother . Since her parents died when she was 3 she worked in the castle and got a close relationship with the queen .

She let a small dog “Morning .” She said to it “My bows are not toys .”

“I tought I could eat a deer today but with a broken bow it won’t work, I could use my knife , but that would take hours and I am to lazy for that.”

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » A Quest For The Cure

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus