Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Need an artists touch

So... I'll admit it. when it comes to drawing, I'm about as good as a squirrel. That being said, I have tried, in vain, to find a picture that would match my only character I have at the moment (Zilyx). I'm not sure how this works, like if I have to pay someone to draw him for me, but any and all help would be greatly appreciated....
You look in this very forum for people offering commissions and pay them to draw your character. There are many different prices, styles and qualities of art, but this is how it is normally done.

You can also look on various artists websites such as deviantart.com . I've also noticed that some people broadcast their prices on Tumblr as well.

I should inform you that if you are going to continue the tact of looking for artwork online that just happens to suit... /You should always ask the artists permission before using it/. ALWAYS. It amounts to stealing their character and design if you do not gain permission. It is not so hard, and if they say yes it is still free in most cases.

The only exception to this pre-made images rule is when a design is up for sale, but again you can not use it without actually buying it from them.

Unfortunately few people take this in to account. For an artist their drawing of a character is the same as a written description. You don't want someone copy-pasting everything you have about Zilyx and playing them without your permission do you?

It's okay. I don't think you knew, but now you do!

I hope that helped clear things up for you. :)
MistahJayy wrote:
So... I'll admit it. when it comes to drawing, I'm about as good as a squirrel. That being said, I have tried, in vain, to find a picture that would match my only character I have at the moment (Zilyx). I'm not sure how this works, like if I have to pay someone to draw him for me, but any and all help would be greatly appreciated....

If you're looking for art, I offer commission services for relatively low costs.
Here's my gallery and price info to help you out:
Prices
Gallery

If you like my style, please send me a PM and we can talk a little more =)

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Need an artists touch

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus