Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Monster Hunter Rp... (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Kassidis_Daddy

Ok, now i know theres probably going to be a small (if nonexistant) population of people who like monster hunter. And to those of you that do, i ask you this; Dont you think it could have added a little more? And if not, at least in the video game version, would you like to give a more realistic monster hunter a shot?
Cause i mean really, there should be more motivation for your character to go out risking his life for a village that tends to overcharge on the hunting essentials (weapons and armor, if youve played it, youd understand.) Maybe your character has a family that he wants to protect? Or, maybe your character falls in love with a fellow hunter, and they take down insane creatures to make their world a litle more safer, if only for a day.
So, what im asking is, would anyone be interested in this rp? Personally, ive only played as far as unite, but i know a bit about the newer games, and im a fast learner.
Either pm me about this, or just reply here, im really hoping im not the only one in this situation here lol.
Oh my god I know how you feel. I have been searching the internet forever trying to find an active mh roleplay, and they are just not there. I doubt we're going to get very many people for this, but even if it's just a few of us we could make it work.... or even if there's only the two of us... :/

rolled 10d100 and got 582
Had to do it.... just because it was there

Kassidis_Daddy Topic Starter

Ace987654321a wrote:
Oh my god I know how you feel. I have been searching the internet forever trying to find an active mh roleplay, and they are just not there. I doubt we're going to get very many people for this, but even if it's just a few of us we could make it work.... or even if there's only the two of us... :/

I agree. And its about time someone showed intrest lol
Okay to be honest, literally the only reason I made an account was because I saw this. So I know almost nothing about this site. From what I've seen we can make the RP on here... right? If not I can recommend a good forum site. There's also one other person that I might be able to bring in to it, but he won't be interested until we get all the bugs worked out.
I'd make a character for this!

Well i say brain storming is in order! :)
I say you would be right. This would have to be a decent sized RP group I think. Or at least someone to take charge of the shop keeps and village chief as NPCs. Plus the other NPCs like the random ships that bring in rare oddities and such, plus like you said..why each hunter is a hunter. Oh this could be fun :)

I m truely stoked for this! Should a group be made for this?
I say so. I gets a feeling this might get big.
Hell yeah! Now that there's three of us I feel like we have a chance of actually getting this thing popular. Hopefully if I advertise it on the mh3u online thing a few people might actually join. Though, I say we get at least one moderator for everything important before we start it off. Such as quest moderator, hunter mod, etc. Oh and how would we get the zenny system to work? Because if we just put it as an editable thing for members, they could very easily cheat it.
Good point. We can make a fair mod be a "Village Chief" for the RP. They just say what hunts are currently up and the prices for certain monsters. Or Kaddis can do it since this is his RP. Whichever, as long as we keep it fair. We can also keep track of how many of what has been hunted to keep things going with a supply and demand system.

And more fun can be hunting teams within the group. After all, them big ones are hard to take on alone. Lol

And I done made my character for this RP. I a bit excited :)
Now, important topic; being able to rp as the monsters themselves, and taming monsters. Cuz you know if you were a monster hunter you would totally try to tame a Yian Kut-Ku.
Not sure what that is. I played Monster Hunter Tri and fell in love. And I wasn't ever once thinking of taming, just taking em down. Lol. But taming could be interesting. Perhaps a special group could be for taming and raising, like farming them? They could higher the hunters to capture them and such too?

As for playing as the monsters, that would make it more interesting. That way it ends up like an actual fight and maybe then there is a more realistic shot of success or failure.
Agreed, though I must tell you if you haven't played monster hunter freedom unite, you haven't lived. It's not as 'multiplayer' as tri, since it's only locally multiplayer, but it's definitely the best in the series. The Yian Kut-Ku is a giant bird thing, that's pretty much like my mine and my friends' favorite punching bag. Oh and another topic, I think that members should be able to use any kind of weapon they can think of, (under moderator approval of course, so that there aren't any Gatling guns or anything.)

In response to the topic of playing as monsters, members would have to work their way up to being some bigger things, in the sense of proving themselves to handle the monsters realistically. For instance, a new member can't just immediately make a Fatalis character.
Totally agree here. I think new members can be first time arrivers to the 'island' for whatever reason. My new character for this is Darrel Felhand, I made him basic I think. I am so pumped up. KASSIDIS!! MAKE THE ROOM!! PLEASEEEEE!!!!

Consider the group started. Its still a W.I.P, so its not fancy yet. Its titled Monster Hunters United
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! PROGRESS!!!
Alright, so I'm pretty new to this site. I'm assuming that I have to make a character on this main page, that will be used on the actual page?

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Monster Hunter Rp... (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus