Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Mute Button For PMs?

So there is this one RP that is quite active, but due to my mental health state, I can't participate in it that often. Anyways...it's kind of intimidating to see that you got 700 messages since last being there (It makes me really anxious ^^; ). So, one solution I thought about would be to maybe make a mute button?
Would it be reasonable to just open and leave it real quick mark it as read to reset the counter? I know it's not the same, but maybe it could help cope in the meantime? ^^;

Or is it just moving that fast that this is each time you get on, those are all new additions? Erg, watching the number go up while on would be super frustrating too, I bet...
8_Stars_8 Topic Starter

Novalyyn wrote:
Would it be reasonable to just open and leave it real quick mark it as read to reset the counter? I know it's not the same, but maybe it could help cope in the meantime? ^^;

Or is it just moving that fast that this is each time you get on, those are all new additions? Erg, watching the number go up while on would be super frustrating too, I bet...

It is moving that fast if it was slower, than I'm sure that'd work, but...I still think something like that could be useful...
Hades_

I am not sure there would be a way to make a mute button for this type of messaging system.

However, if I could offer a quick and easy solution. since you're not participating in the rp and you don't feel well enough to do so and aren't sure when you will, you could perhaps remove yourself from the RP and later when you're feeling motivated again and feeling better ask the others to add you back in to it? This would totally silence the notifications and you won't be able to see the rp anymore which would suck, but it might help you by taking the burden of it off and out of sight as well.

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Mute Button For PMs?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus