Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Evening Out Columns

Pericles (played by Libertine)

Help! I can't seem to get my columns to lined up, I even tried putting a transparent line at the top of all of them, the three columns of text at the top aren't the same, and the two columns between the images aren't either (the left one is a little longer).
One thing to be aware of is that they stack oddly on mobile anyway. Stuff is weird.

That said, I think I've heard of folks using a transparent image to stretch columns out to equal sizes. Down side is it can increase the chance of stacking due to lack of flexibility.
Pericles (played by Libertine) Topic Starter

That's okay! I don't mind it all stacking and being in a row on mobile, so long as the desktop columns are all even.
That's kinda the thing though, desktop screens can be different sizes and the windows are adjustable, so you'll need to play with that to know what to expect. ^^;
The columns are all lined up on my screen unless I zoom out, so my only advice is to use line breaks after short chunks of text. For example:

here is the information.
here is the information.
here is the information.
here is the information.
here is the information.

Instead one continuous stream of text. The less words you use between line breaks, the more consistent your columns will be. It's unfortunate but as nice as fancy profiles are, they're more prone to "breaking" than others and they're not going to work on every screen. The best you can do is try to avoid widening your profile as much as possible.
I found playing with the text alignment, (the [ right ], [ left ], and [ justify ] inside the coulmns have helped. Sometimes it helps while others make it worse
Pericles (played by Libertine) Topic Starter

Thank you guys for the suggestions <3 I'll give these a go as I figure out more info!

You are on: Forums » Help » Evening Out Columns

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus