Skip to main content

Forums » Help » what do i do

Starwarsfan

so my role-play partner went silent and i asked him if everything was doing ok? but there was no answer and he hasn't answered in 2 months what do i do?
Kim Site Admin

There's a few possible situations here...

1) Your friend left the site for some reason.

If you haven't seen any activity from this person at all for two months, it's likely they aren't using the site any more/right now. It's hugely unlikely that this is malicious or has anything to do with you. Most likely, they got busy, or perhaps they or someone they know got ill and they didn't have the energy or interest in RP anymore.

In this case, there probably isn't much else you can do except leave a message with a nice title like "If you ever come back, I'm here for you!" and let them know that if they do come back, you don't want them to be embarrassed, that you won't be mad, and that you will simply welcome them back with open arms.

2) Your friend is still on the site, but has grown so embarrassed that they didn't respond to you that they don't know how to fix it.

I recently got a call from a college friend who had stopped responding to all of my calls, emails and texts for over two years! I was pretty sad and thought I had done something to offend this friend, and eventually gave up trying to contact them.

It turned out, they were still my friend and they loved me, but they had gone through a period of extreme depression wherein they did not have the energy to respond to anything that didn't literally keep her lights on. And when she finally recovered, she was so embarrassed at having ignored my attempts to talk to her that she thought that I must surely hate her! So since I had given up trying to get in touch, and she was afraid to re-initiate contact, things went on like that for another year. Finally, she called, explained what had happened, and I was SO HAPPY and so impressed at her bravery for taking the risk of finding out how I really felt.

If you think this person is still around but is not responding to you, perhaps something similar is occurring. Likely, your only recourse is to leave them another nice message just letting them know that you're willing to start with a clean slate without having to have the pause be awkward. Don't harass your friend though! If they're going through something that is causing them to be unable to reply, you don't want to add on to that burden.

3) Your friend would like to be left alone.

It is possible that your friend needs some space right now.

If you've tried one of the above things, likely the only thing left to do is wait. Try to focus on other things and if you think of your friend, try to wish them well.

Hope this helps!
Starwarsfan Topic Starter

ok thank you
Starwarsfan Topic Starter

i have a feeling its the first one because haven't seen any activity in two months
Kim wrote:

I recently got a call from a college friend who had stopped responding to all of my calls, emails and texts for over two years! I was pretty sad and thought I had done something to offend this friend, and eventually gave up trying to contact them.

It turned out, they were still my friend and they loved me, but they had gone through a period of extreme depression wherein they did not have the energy to respond to anything that didn't literally keep her lights on. And when she finally recovered, she was so embarrassed at having ignored my attempts to talk to her that she thought that I must surely hate her! So since I had given up trying to get in touch, and she was afraid to re-initiate contact, things went on like that for another year. Finally, she called, explained what had happened, and I was SO HAPPY and so impressed at her bravery for taking the risk of finding out how I really felt.

Aww. That was a nice story.

You are on: Forums » Help » what do i do

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus