Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Diceroll updates

Ilmarinen Moderator

I poked back a few pages and checked the development log, so I hope that this isn't a redundant topic. X)

I love incorporating dicerolls into my posts. I like to use them for a ton of things--battles most primarily, but also for skill checks and just for a wonderful bit of randomness. (For example, Olaf may throw a rock at the river. But I could roll 1d3 to see if he hits the river, his house, or his friend, Gudrek.) Sometimes I really need more than one diceroll in a post, due to the slowness of forum RP. So...

My first suggestion is to have the ability to do multiple dicerolls in one post. (Maybe a max of 5 or 10 or so.)
My second suggestion is the ability to label said rolls. Just a little message after them in a parentheses and a differently colored text.
My third suggestion is to move the diceroll(s) from under the avatar to below the text, separated by a little h-line. Like-a dis:

28qduf.png

I think they get a little looked over when they're under the avatar, and if multiple rolls were implemented, it could get crowded fast.

Thanks for hearing me out! :hops off soapbox:
Sanne Moderator

I give this suggestion three thumbs up! (Remember kids, don't play with radioactive waste.)
Yuka

I second Sanne's comment :D
Kim Site Admin

This is absolutely the next logical place for dice roll support to go.

I'm really glad you included that mock-up, it makes the change easier to visualize!

I can't make promises about when this will happen, but I would for sure like to include something like it eventually.
Ilmarinen Topic Starter Moderator

Awesome, thanks guys! :D

And Kim, it does look like a pretty major overhaul, so take your time!
Ilmarinen Topic Starter Moderator

<uncle> One moooore thing! </uncle>

And my FOURTH suggestion would be to include an option for numerical modifiers. So you can roll 1d20 plus 2, or minus 5, and it shows the total. Maybe also multiply/divide. (For example, 1d6 divided by 2 = 1d3.)

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Diceroll updates

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus