Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Please show me OOC pages on anon characters.

Title is self-explanatory. I've never exactly made an OOC page for an anon char before, so uh....please help and show me yours if you don't mind. Im stuck.
Alu (played anonymously)

Alu's third page is OOC!
I also think I need to add my writing style (ex: paragraphs), but I'll add that onto my to-do list to do later lol
JoJoApples Topic Starter

Alu wrote:
Alu's third page is OOC!
I also think I need to add my writing style (ex: paragraphs), but I'll add that onto my to-do list to do later lol

First off I love your character. That is amazing. Id totally love an RP when I'm 21 plus

Thanks for the help. I think I know where I'm going with my profile now.

But I'd love to see more Anon chars lol.
Alu (played anonymously)

o.O

Maybe I should also explain that the "21+ y/o" is in regards to the writer myself, oopsie haha ^^;
now I know what to edit though, so this might have helped both of us lol
JoJoApples Topic Starter

Alu wrote:
o.O

Maybe I should also explain that the "21+ y/o" is in regards to the writer myself, oopsie haha ^^;
now I know what to edit though, so this might have helped both of us lol

OH! LMAO. welp I stand by what I said about wanting an RP sometime. Thanks for the clarification haha.
Del'Corbin (played anonymously)

This page is my tidiest and most detailed OOC page. Not all of my anons have OOC pages.
JoJoApples Topic Starter

Del wrote:
This page is my tidiest and most detailed OOC page. Not all of my anons have OOC pages.

WOW thank you! Thats really helpful! :)
Del'Corbin (played anonymously)

Hikari_Yagaza wrote:
Del wrote:
This page is my tidiest and most detailed OOC page. Not all of my anons have OOC pages.

WOW thank you! Thats really helpful! :)

Glad to be of service. :)
Dralt (played by Libertine)

This guy's first page is OOC! Since he has a lot of lonnng pages, I first made a little index to help folks understand what info is where. Then I added his Do/Don't list (or you could use the Playstyles widget), some music, what games/groups he is in, the tropes I relate to him, and some bonus things like sources for quotes through his profile + links to his moodboard and blooper art. I could have also added his kudos and guestbook to this page, since those are also out-of-character, but decided it was long enough already ;)

OOC pages are also a good place to put your "Seeking" list, where you can write down any specific plots or interactions you would like to find for that character.
JoJoApples Topic Starter

Dralt wrote:
This guy's first page is OOC! Since he has a lot of lonnng pages, I first made a little index to help folks understand what info is where. Then I added his Do/Don't list (or you could use the Playstyles widget), some music, what games/groups he is in, the tropes I relate to him, and some bonus things like sources for quotes through his profile + links to his moodboard and blooper art. I could have also added his kudos and guestbook to this page, since those are also out-of-character, but decided it was long enough already ;)

OOC pages are also a good place to put your "Seeking" list, where you can write down any specific plots or interactions you would like to find for that character.

Whoaaaa. I'm loving how detailed that is.

I have a question though, how do you center the do/don't lists. I've been trying to figure it out for ages. You can't center columns yet can you?

All in all I really love your OOC page and I'm totally taking notes on that. The seeking list is also a great idea thanks :)
Angela Caro (played by Dndmama)

I actually don't put too much info on the OOC page. Just things that absolutely have to break the fourth wall. But it's an example at least.
JoJoApples Topic Starter

Angela Caro wrote:
I actually don't put too much info on the OOC page. Just things that absolutely have to break the fourth wall. But it's an example at least.
I think you have a very cool character :)

Your OOC page was good to see. Thanks!
Dralt (played by Libertine)

Thank you for saying so Hikari <3 I hope it helps!

You can't center widgets yet, which is exactly why I set mine up this way, but you can center columns.
Feel free to use and alter this BBC:
Code:
[center][columns][size=2][b]A L W A Y S[/b][/size] Short term Adventure Fantasy Plot [nextcol][size=2][b]G E N E R A L L Y[/b][/size] Long term Combat Politics Horror [nextcol][size=2][b]C O N D I T I O N A L L Y[/b][/size] Permanent alteration Hostage situations Alternate universe Death [nextcol][size=2][b]N E V E R[/b][/size] OOC relationships Canon characters Persona play Infidelity[/columns][/center]

It won't look centered while you're on the editing page, but it should look right on the profile.
Corbeau (played anonymously)

I use my first page for tropes, always/never, and kudos. It's my character at a glance. :)
JoJoApples Topic Starter

Dralt wrote:
Thank you for saying so Hikari <3 I hope it helps!

You can't center widgets yet, which is exactly why I set mine up this way, but you can center columns.
Feel free to use and alter this BBC:
Code:
[center][columns][size=2][b]A L W A Y S[/b][/size] Short term Adventure Fantasy Plot [nextcol][size=2][b]G E N E R A L L Y[/b][/size] Long term Combat Politics Horror [nextcol][size=2][b]C O N D I T I O N A L L Y[/b][/size] Permanent alteration Hostage situations Alternate universe Death [nextcol][size=2][b]N E V E R[/b][/size] OOC relationships Canon characters Persona play Infidelity[/columns][/center]

It won't look centered while you're on the editing page, but it should look right on the profile.

OH MY GOD THATS HOW YOU DO IT?! AAAAAAH. I TRIED EVERYTHING BUT THAT OML.

Thank you so much lol thats great. That's amazing.
JoJoApples Topic Starter

Corbeau wrote:
I use my first page for tropes, always/never, and kudos. It's my character at a glance. :)

Thank you! Im enjoying seeing how others do their ooc pages.

💗
Dralt wrote:
You can't center widgets yet, which is exactly why I set mine up this way, but you can center columns.
Feel free to use and alter this BBC:
Code:
[center][columns][size=2][b]A L W A Y S[/b][/size] Short term Adventure Fantasy Plot [nextcol][size=2][b]G E N E R A L L Y[/b][/size] Long term Combat Politics Horror [nextcol][size=2][b]C O N D I T I O N A L L Y[/b][/size] Permanent alteration Hostage situations Alternate universe Death [nextcol][size=2][b]N E V E R[/b][/size] OOC relationships Canon characters Persona play Infidelity[/columns][/center]

It won't look centered while you're on the editing page, but it should look right on the profile.

I missed this bit of coding when it came around the first time. Thanks for sharing this!
Nemo (played anonymously)

OOC: Hello hello! I have an OOC page for Nemo if you wanna check it out, but here's a summarization (as it’s admittedly a bit cluttered):

I have an About the Author section: This is where I have my age, pronouns, available times, and timezone down. I also have the things that I am okay/not okay with even on an OOC level, and other notes I think other players should know of. The timezone and available times aren’t important but I think people should know the age of the person they’re interacting with (at the very least if you're above 18 or not), and where your boundaries lie.

After that I have some clarifications on the character itself: The character's core concept and goals, their setting, and what kind of interactions they offer! I sometimes like to discuss the thought process behind their creation, but that's not necessary. I also write down my RP and writing style, as well as my strengths and weaknesses (also I haven't done this on Nemo's profile, but it may help to provide a writing sample). Sometimes I also include ideas on how to start an RP, especially if I feel the setting or character might not be easy to approach.

Finally, I have the Always/Sometimes/Maybe/Never chart: This is incredibly useful for people who want a quick rundown on both you and your character's limits. Me personally, I use it as a reference for the character in question, as sometimes the limits might differ depending on character (some characters might fit a more horror setting, others could be too light-hearted for that, and some are somewhere in between). However, things I find particularly important even OOC will be reiterated in that section as well, just in case people skip straight to that section.

Some people include their gallery on the OOC page, but I like to have mine on the front page if they’re mostly drawings I or someone else made. If they’re mostly things that belong to the character in-game (in-character sketches and scrap-booking), then I have them on the same page where the guestbook, journal, and kudos would be (basically whichever page where your character publicly interacts with others).

Final Tip: It helps to bold important information in case people just want to quickly skim the page.

I hope this helps! <g>

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Please show me OOC pages on anon characters.

Moderators: MadRatBird, Keke, Cass, Dragonfire, Heimdall, Ben, Darth_Angelus