Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Name-Your-Own-Price Tarot Card Readings

TheLily

I am looking to make some money for my trip to Waverly Hills Sanatorium, so I am doing NYOP Tarot Card readings.

For a donation of $1 CAD+ you will get a three card spread, (past, future, present) of questions or general life inquiries. They are 400-800 words, with a first impression look at the cards, a detailed reading of each card and then an impression done with the art of the card. Each reading takes about 45 minutes.

What I need from you is a little info about your life (age, what country you're from, hobbies and any other relevant information). I really enjoy doing this and I'm using this as a chance to get better. In a few months I'll be raising the price to $10 CAD (which is still really cheap where I live!) for a reading, so act fact.

Paypal Only.

Slots
1. Filled

tarot_reading_by_mishigu-d6d2fhz.jpg
Oh my goodness, those are lovely cards. Which deck are they from?

I've been wanting a deck myself for a while so that I may learn (I'm actually into tealeaf reading! I'm... still getting good at it yet but, I hope to eventually be able to spit out what I see at a whim!), but I've always been told you can't just buy them. They have to be given to you in order to work properly.

Unfortunately, my parents are pretty Christian and see tarot reading as sinful (though they still love me and respect my much more different religion), so I wouldn't ever get them as a gift from them.

I'd totally buy from you, but I'm in my own little fix atm too ;-;. I'm not sure if I'm gonna be able to make bills this month e.e;. They raise the price of everything during the summer, I swear! @.@.

I hope you find someone who'll buy from you - that's a big deal. Here, without a coupon, it's like $50-60!
That is an old myth Mad :) you should get a deck that speaks to you. I have the Thoth deck and I'm really pleased with it. Good luck on making extra cash Lily, this is actually quite cheap for a reading :)
TheLily Topic Starter

MadRatBird, I personally buy my own decks and the only deck I didn't buy for myself doesn't love me because it's mean. I have seven decks (though, two are of the same design, but one is to colour yourself) and I'm having one sorta designed for me. I like collecting them, obviously :3.

The deck I'm currently using is a Steampunk deck created by Barbara Moore and Aly Fell. You can find it here.

My mother still holds onto Catholic beliefs and she acted out somewhat violently when she found my first deck. I learned to never mention it around her, until last night. I actually told her that I was thinking about using my tarot cards to make a little money for the trip and she praised me for my ingenuity.
Well, then I figure I could maybe do that for myself in a few days! Or maybe after my b-day, I don't get paid much lol.

But that's a deck my friend linked me to that I liked! Awesome! I actually made a list of decks I absolutely adore, some more than others, but they're all fantastic. I'll link them here!

Silicon Dawn (Probably one of my absolute favorites. I love the artwork, it's so beautiful.)
Robin Wood (It's pretty, and similar to the Rider-Waite deck, but a bit more detailed as far as the art goes. Plus I don't wanna mimic my bf by getting the Rider-Waite deck.)
Deviant Moon (I LOVE this. It's so creepy.)
Dreaming Way (Again, very gorgeous. The art is pretty and I like when the cards are labeled. e.e;.)
Dream Enchantress (This is a pretty one! Its art is almost etherial in a way. I love it. <3.)

But yeah, I searched through hundreds of them on that site and wound up falling for these. It sucks though because I don't know which one to get o.o.

I'm happy she seemed supportive this time. :). My mom probably wouldn't support me, but she wouldn't condemn me to my face. My grandma accidentally did that once. Said all nonbelievers are going to Hell and blah blah, thinking I still believed, but I told her I'm not really Christian anymore. It was a sad moment, but I still love her a lot.

She hasn't said anything about stuff like that since, just says I'm allowed to have my own opinions and such if it's ever brought up, but not in a rude way like you'd think. :D.
TheLily Topic Starter

Those decks are AMAZING. I'm afraid to look at the site by myself because I don't have money to get new decks and they tend to be the one thing I can barely refuse.

I get where you're coming from with your family.

I figure I'd add this here too: 1069308_583118911741072_1576676486_n.jpg.

I did this one yesterday, all four cards fell into my lap so I read them and I'm told it was scary accurate.
Good lord those are beautiful cards.

I don't even really know much (or anything) about the meanings behind the cards, but I hope to learn soon. It's amazing how those things help people. My boyfriend draws cards sometimes when he needs guidance and they help him through things that-a-way. It seems like a great way to utilize the cards!

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Name-Your-Own-Price Tarot Card Readings

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus