Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Character Categories

I just realized today that I have several characters for different types of role play, different continuities, and that sort of bother.
In noticing, I had this idea, for what it's worth:

We know that in our Dashboard we're shown such drop-downs as "Your Characters", "Your Groups", and "Tools", right?
What if we could go inside of "Your Characters" with other drop-downs, made and named at our leisure, so that we could organize what characters are for what purpose?
Say that you have 3 or more characters for one storyline based inside of a particular continuity, and you have several more for a completely different continuity, but it's a bit of a strain on the eyes to just look at them all in one big clump. Wouldn't it be easier on the eyes and the mind to simply have a drop-down of characters for "Continuity A" and a drop-down of characters for "Continuity B"? It would be like having a "Your Characters" inside of "Your Characters", and it would make it easier to pick and choose.

In essence, you get this:

>Your Characters
Continuity A
-Character #1
-Character #2

Continuity B
-Character #1
-Character #2

Any thoughts? Am I making sense? Did someone else already mention something like this?
Yuka

It seems a bit too cluttered for me and I've have no use for it. Maybe make it optional?
Kim Site Admin

Yes, this has been suggested numerous times in various forms, and I totally agree that it's a great idea. :)

Although it should be considered "on the list," I currently consider it very low priority. A big reason for that is that the average number of characters is currently 1.83 (most of the time it hovers right around 1.7, and has never been higher than 1.85). If almost everyone has less than two characters, it would be added complexity to sort... absolutely nothing. ;)

Now, I know there are a number of you with drastically more, and a lot of things do get made with you in mind simply because you tend to be the most active. Even with that, I'm reluctant to put my attention on sorting when the massive project of making groups far more usable and far less unwieldy is still looming in front of us. Howsoever! I've made an official entry about this into the development log (Thank you for reminding me!) so I can be certain to keep it in mind the next time I'm rattling around in the dashboard code.
Kim Site Admin

Right Senny, you would certainly not be required to sort your characters.
Ethan Topic Starter

I can understand it being low priority, certainly. Should you get around to such a thing in the future, however, I will definitely be looking forward to it. I'm glad I brought it back to your attention!

And Senny, you're absolutely right; it should be optional.

Thanks for looking!
Dude, I think this is a GREAT idea! As long as you could rename the 'Continuity' menus.
It'd make sorting TONS easier. But I do agree that it should be optional <3

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Character Categories

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus