Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » What happens when we die

I hope that when I die, I go someplace better than this life
RimCaster

Which answer you want biological, nihilistic or spiritual. Still there's many theories

1. Your body is cold and stiff, decay process takes about 12 years? decaying makes your body become fertilizer for earth, unless you're cremated that is.

2: Nihilistic. There's nothing after death, emptiness, your consciousness doesn't even exist.

3: Biocentrist: You become one with universe or universal consciousness

4: You either go to heaven/hell or reincarnate, whatever you believe in

As for what it really is like I dunno I'm alive yet ^^ so can't say anything about that, I guess that's speculation but I think death isn't end. merely aspect of existence or illusion created by our perception like time.
Abissh Topic Starter

I want to be cremated, or at least not put in a metal casket.

I know the biological aspects of death, I study human remains for a living. But it’s weird to me that I’m so detached from death, even though I’m with them every day
I do think we go someplace better. There are an awful lot of similar beliefs in an awful lot of cultures--even isolated cultures. You know. Beliefs about spirits flying, a focus on going into a light, etc. While there is debate about the possible reasons for these similarities, it could be evidence of the existence of such a plane. I believe it is. But in the end, who knows in this life. It's a matter for you, a matter for faith. My mom likes to say that we're pioneers, and death is the final frontier. I think that's morbid, but, anyway.

But I may be missing the real point here, which is that I hope that good stuff happens to you that makes you enjoy living now.

Ok I'm out.

Lol
It depends on your beliefs. In all, I don’t think we have a full, definite, complete understanding of what happens after we die (other than the scientific knowledge). When it comes to my belief, I do believe that I will go someplace better than this world, and that gives me hope - but I’m not going to hate the life I was given here on earth.

But again, it’s up to each individual. One may believe in heaven/hell, Valhalla/Hel, reincarnation, nothing at all, etc. (And that’s great!) It really depends. And again: we don’t have a definite answer. Not until it’s our time to go. But until then, I hope that we all can enjoy this wild adventure we call life.
I have a nihilist view of death. Death is like pre-birth: nothing. It can be a scary or disconcerting thought, that when you die everything that you were ceases to exist, because it's very final, but it's the only concept of death that makes sense or is believable to me.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » What happens when we die

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus