Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The Blind Side of the World.

Cassie Hale (played by PandaGirl)

A young girl laid on the grass in a nearby park, enjoying the smell of the freshly cut grass and the sound of children playing around her. "Mama, Why can't I play with them?" She asked her mother, sitting very nearby. "Because they don't understand you Cassie." She said simply, refusing to say anything more on the subject. Cassie sighed and ran a hand through her short purple hair, getting some leaves out of it from the shedding trees above. She wrapped the jacket she was wearing around her as a gust of wind sent shivers up her spine and a raindrop landed on her nose.

It was raining now, and all the kids were screaming. They weren't screaming from just the rain, they were screaming from a ship soaring through the sky, headed straight for the park. Hearing the screams, Cassie sat up a little worried. "Mama why are the kids screaming?" She asked, a worried look now displayed on her face. "It's raining honey." her mom said getting an umbrella out and holding it over Cassie's head just as the rain turned black from the ash of the ship. "Oh my-" He mom ran towards the other end of the park with Cassie tightly in tow just as the ship crashed where they just were, the shock of the blast sending her mother motionless into a tree and Cassie into the ground. The ship exploded, sending shards of metal everywhere. Including right towards the helpless Cassie.
Markal (played by Tolora)

A boy the same age as Cassie had been climbing in a tree when he saw the ship coming down. His eyes opened wide and he started yelling down to the other kids while pointing at the ship. As they noticed too, the screaming started and everyone was running. He climbed down as fast as he could, trying to make sure that everyone was making it out. His skin gave way to orange and black striped fur and his clothes seemed to melt into him. He ran, his eyes scanning the park. He almost missed the girl and her mother. They weren't fast enough it was going to--BOOM! The sound of the crash was deafening.

He watched as the girl's mother was thrown full force into a tree and the girl dropped to the ground. He poured on speed and threw himself at her, hoping he could get there before the wave of shrapnel did. In midair, he shifted back into his human form (fully clothed) and covered the girl's body with his own. He winced as the shrapnel went into his back but didn't move til it was over. When it was, he leaned back, looking to see if anything had slipped past him and hit her. "Are you alright?"
Cassie Hale (played by PandaGirl) Topic Starter

Cassie felt someone cover her with their body, but despite their best efforts they weren't big enough to prevent a shrapnel from going into her upper leg. She held back tears as her left hand also got hit, but nothing horrible happened to her hand but both wounds were bleeding now and she needed medical attention.

For the first time, everything was quiet for Cassie. The blast of the ship had temporally impaired her hearing. She felt like she had already died, but if she had she wouldn't feel the piece of metal in her upper leg.

She could vaguely hear the boy sitting over her trying to get her attention. "I-" She coughed from the ash slowly floating down from the sky, making it hard for her to breath and making her light headed.

Markal got off and sat next to her, his wounds healing already. He saw the shrapnel in her leg. "We need to get to a hospital." He leaned down next to her. "Can you walk?" If she couldn't he'd carry her back to the hospital.

"I-I d-don't th-think....." She let the statement drop to save some of her energy. Her whole body felt like it weighed a thousand pounds to her, even though she only weighed about 100 pounds. "I f-feel t-t-t-tired." She yawned closing her sky blue eyes for a second.

Markal shook his head as he gathered up the girl into his arms. "You can't fall asleep. Not yet. We need to get you checked up on first." He knew she could have a concussion from the blast. He couldn't let her fall asleep until the doctors checked her out. "My name's Markal by the way."

Cassie yawned and her eye lids grew heavier, but now she tried to stay awake. "I-I'm C-Ca-Cassie." She said in barley over a whisper, a small smile on her face. She leaned her head against his arm and relaxed a bit, know she was safe with him.

Markal shook her a bit, careful not to hurt her. "Hey, stay with me." He looked into her eyes and they were the lightest blue he'd ever seen. His sister's were a dark and stormy blue but this girl's eyes were full of light. "You have really pretty eyes." He didn't really know what else to say, though pretty was hardly enough of a description.

Cassie was surprised to be shaken. "Ow." She mumbled. "T-that h-hurt." She added. She was bleeding all over Markal from her leg wound and hand. "T-th-thanks. C-can we h-hur-hurry u-up?" She asked, hurting from the talking. If they didn't get to the hospital soon she would bleed to death in a matter of minutes.

Markal nodded. "Sorry." The hospital was coming into sight now and a nurse saw them approaching, bloodied all over. "Almost there." As soon as he walked in the door there was a cot for Cassie. He laid her in it and let the doctors do their thing while another nurse talked to him. Apparently, a couple others hadn't quite made it in time and the hospital was busy.

The nurse took Cassie down the hall to the operating room, giving her anesthetic on the way to numb her. They put a mask over her face and went to work getting the sharpnel out and making sure it didn't hit any important arteries. Cassie fell asleep about 5 minutes into the procedure while they were trying to stop the bleeding.

Hours later the sharpnel was finally out and Cassie was put into a room down the hall, Markal was allowed to come in finally. They had put a bandage and stitches over the wound on her leg and a hand cast on her hand. She ended up landing on her hand when she was thrown down and broke a couple bones. She finally looked peaceful in the hospital bed, her purple hair spread out on the pillow. Opening her eyes slowly (not that she could see anyways.) she could finally hear better then earlier, and she heard a male's breathing to her right. "M-Ma-Mar-Markal?" She croaked, her throat dry from not drinking anything.

Markal smiled a bit, relieved. He'd been sitting in a chair next to the bed, waiting for her to come out. "Yeah, it's me." He put a cup of water in her hand. "They said you'd probably be thirsty after the operation." Now that she was out of danger for the most part, Markal wondered if the purple in her hair was dye.

Cassie brought the water up to her mouth and drank the whole cup. "Thanks." she said more clearly now. She put the cut down in her lap and smiled. "Thank you for b-bringing me here." Cassie added, blushing a little.

Markal blushed at the thanks and suddenly found something very interesting under his nail. "It's no biggie, I'm sure anyone else would've done the same." He saw her empty cup. "Do you want some more water?"

"Yes please." Cassie said holding out her cup to where his voice was, but ended up just a little to the left. (Sorry for the short reply, sorry for l8 reply. I am actually doing something else right now so bear with me. >_<)

Markal took the cup and looked a little more closely at Cassie. Her eyes never really focused, more like they were looking through him than at him. With a start, he realized she was blind. He refilled the cup and brought it back, placing it in her hand again.

((That's ok ^.^))

"Thanks." She said bringing the cup carefully back up to her lips. Suddenly she had a scary thought that would change her life. Bringing the cup down, she asked him. "Is my mom.....?" She let the question drop, too scared to finish it.

Markal didn't know what to say. He'd gone back to the park while Cassie was in the operating room to help out with uncovering bodies and searching for survivors. Cassie's mother was dead almost instantly, a painless death. "She...she didn't make it. I'm sorry."

A small tear escaped Cassie's eye before she steeled herself. Crying doesn't solve problems, action does. She sat up and hugged her knees, wondering what she will do now. "I just can't believe it." She whispered, tears threatening to come out.

Markal reached out and gently grabbed her hand. He didn't know what it was like to lose a mom, but he'd lost a friend a long time ago. He couldn't think of anything he could say, but hoped his presence would be enough to comfort her.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The Blind Side of the World.

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus