Skip to main content

Forums » Help » IC/OOC in 2.0

Just want to make sure I’m not missing some change that came with 2.0, but is there some special trick to indicating IC vs OOC in private message threads?

I tried to use it with an old pm thread, which marked the messages with (( )) appropriately as OOC before the update. I made sure to mark it as an IC conversation, but all messages were in the OOC tab, and none in the IC tab.

I’m assuming this is a bug, maybe just with pre-2.0 pm threads? Or I’m missing something obvious lol.
Let me know, much appreciated!
Kim Site Admin

Hi there!

So, this is sort of deliberate.

Since nearly every PM RP begins with back and forth messages from characters 'planning' the rp (even if it's just "Is this character okay?" or "Who goes first?") the "mark this conversation as IC" only works after one of the players in it pushing it. Evaluation for whether a post is IC or OOC does not begin until then.

This means it will be mightily helpful for inbox RPs going forward, but won't be much use to pre-existing RPs.

(This only applies to inbox RPs - we had more clues about when a RP "started" on the forums and were able to update those retroactively.)

There's a tiny bit of discussion about this feature here: https://www.rprepository.com/g/audaciousphoenix/topic/73422

You are on: Forums » Help » IC/OOC in 2.0

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus