Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Special characters allowed in character names?

I know that 2.0 expanded the list of letters and diacritics that users are allowed to put in their characters' names, but I've already found several that still aren't allowed (ū and at least one of the following, I'm not sure which: ä, ĭ, ö, ž, ī, ú). I know the expanded list is by no means exhaustive, but I'm not sure if the ones I listed are meant to be excluded or if they're supposed to be allowed but aren't working for some reason, so I figured I'd check. I'd also like to know if there is a list anywhere that users can look at of which special characters are allowed in character names, since that seems like it would be useful to know.

Edit: Specifically, what happens when I try to enter the characters listed above, I get the message "The Character name format is invalid." Figured I should probably add that.
Latin ones with the line above the vowel and Romanian ones in particular aren't working, but I have submitted a report to Kim about it.

It could be that certain foreign language letters aren't included because the unicode can get screwed up sometimes depending on code and what not.

You are on: Forums » Help » Special characters allowed in character names?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus