Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Journal Dates

NyxPara

Hello! I was wondering if it was possible to have a journal entry date one year (ex. 1574) and then make a different journal entry date a different year (ex. 1999)? Would I need to make a new Journal Widget each time to change those yearly dates? Thank you for your time and thank you for reading!
Rogue-Scribe

Hi NYC. As an extensive user of journals, the way you can have journal entries for different years in the same journal is to not use the date-shift function. Just highlight the date and enter a custom date and time when you open a new journal entry. :)

I’m not sure about 2.0 but on 1.0 once the date shift was activated it locked you in to a single year. I need to experiment with the 2.0 journal but from what I saw when making an entry was it looked the same. I wasn’t going to mess with it on a character that has its journal correctly displaying the dates. I’ll make a test character and see how it works. It’s something I forgot to test during beta.
NyxPara Topic Starter

Shadow-Ranger wrote:
Hi NYC. As an extensive user of journals, the way you can have journal entries for different years in the same journal is to not use the date-shift function. Just highlight the date and enter a custom date and time when you open a new journal entry. :)

I’m not sure about 2.0 but on 1.0 once the date shift was activated it locked you in to a single year. I need to experiment with the 2.0 journal but from what I saw when making an entry was it looked the same. I wasn’t going to mess with it on a character that has its journal correctly displaying the dates. I’ll make a test character and see how it works. It’s something I forgot to test during beta.

Thank you! :D I'll be sure to check it out when I can as well! Thank you for replying so fast too! Thank you for even more of your time and for reading!
Hey! I have your answer, and yes you can make different journal dates from different times, and on the same widget too! When you're making a new journal entry, make sure to click edit on top of the journal widget, then click on new journal entry. You should be able to then set the date in which the entry was made.

I'm not sure if you figured this out already, but if you didn't then there you go. (At least it's how it's working for me)
Rogue-Scribe

CoyBoat275 wrote:
Hey! I have your answer, and yes you can make different journal dates from different times, and on the same widget too! When you're making a new journal entry, make sure to click edit on top of the journal widget, then click on new journal entry. You should be able to then set the date in which the entry was made.

I'm not sure if you figured this out already, but if you didn't then there you go. (At least it's how it's working for me)

Yeah that’s the way I do it as said above. Just type in whatever date and time you want. You can edit older entries as well. Just Don’t touch the date shift feature.

You are on: Forums » Help » Journal Dates

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus