Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Push Notifications Issue?

MasterWinter

So. I've tried many things to make my push notices for my desktop work, as now they suddenly stopped working like a previous time I had this issue.

I hadn't gotten them working with the Opera browser, due to I forgot to do the whole: Add a device or what ever it is you are supposed to do. So I added the Opera browser, allowed notifications, and it worked. Well. I forgot to remove the push notices from Google Chrome browser. So I think that might have cancelled out the one for Opera browser. As I got notices when I opened Google, but then they stopped for Opera.

I removed RPR from my notices list inside the Opera browser settings, removed Opera from the push notices, saved all that, logged out, closed the browser, opened a new Opera browser, logged into RPR, added Opera to the push notices, saved it, and now just waiting to see if they work or not since I've not gotten new notices or mail to see if push notices work or not.

I'm not sure if clicking on the clear cache button here on RPR does anything, but I used it to try and help, I cleared it on my browser. I even rebooted my laptop, since I normally leave it turned on.

I'd see updates in the news feed that my laptop never sent notices to me about. Like forum topics I'm subscribed to would have had a new post say 2 hours earlier from my looking at the news feed right then, and when I went to bed last night I had 2 posts in my inbox yet when I got on this morning there were 3.

This is not the first time this has happened, but it's the first time I've used Opera with RPR.

At the moment I do not have any screen shots to share, but if anyone would like one, I'll try and snag it when I spot it.
Kim Site Admin

I'm not actually sure that this feature works with Opera. The only browsers that I know can do this are Chrome and Firefox. If you do get it working with Opera, I'll be extremely interested to hear.
MasterWinter Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
I'm not actually sure that this feature works with Opera. The only browsers that I know can do this are Chrome and Firefox. If you do get it working with Opera, I'll be extremely interested to hear.

It actually had worked with Opera briefly. I think because it was the first time I'd used the Push Notices on Opera. But then like I mentioned, it stopped working, and I thought it was due to my opening Google Chrome. So I thought the two cancelled one another out. I don't know what caused it to stop working, nor did I know it didn't work with Opera before.

I've been using Opera a lot lately, more than Google Chrome or FireFox, but I keep both for various reasons.

Not sure if I can get it to work again or not, since it didn't alert me to you responding to my post. But we will see!
MasterWinter Topic Starter

Solved Impossible To Display The Desktop Notifications

HOWEVER...! When I attempted to use the newer version of Opera, as one person suggested in the link, it told me it couldn't sync my stuff. And when I tried to log in, it kept giving me an error message.

In short: Opera is being stupid, needs to get their stuff together, like Window's since Window's is constantly having issues since version 10 came out.
Kim wrote:
I'm not actually sure that this feature works with Opera. The only browsers that I know can do this are Chrome and Firefox. If you do get it working with Opera, I'll be extremely interested to hear.[/quote

||Hey Kim, I tried to enable push notifications on my galaxy S8 and all it's saying is error.
Kim Site Admin

DeadlySphynx236 wrote:
Kim wrote:
I'm not actually sure that this feature works with Opera. The only browsers that I know can do this are Chrome and Firefox. If you do get it working with Opera, I'll be extremely interested to hear.[/quote

||Hey Kim, I tried to enable push notifications on my galaxy S8 and all it's saying is error.

Submit a bug report with details: https://www.rprepository.com/contact
Kim wrote:
DeadlySphynx236 wrote:
Kim wrote:

Submit a bug report with details: https://www.rprepository.com/contact

||I messed around with my chrome settings and turns out it was my notification settings blocking this site for push notifications.

You are on: Forums » Help » Push Notifications Issue?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus