Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » okay why does nobody answear in time

i can understand if you are busy and all you can do is answear something quick and then you have to leave but if its obvious the other person is on the other side of the screen waiting it would seem to me at least the if you have any respect for the person on the other side of the screen who is giving up minutes of his life to rp and or talk to you, one would expect that in a maximum of 10 minutes you would answear thatperson and if you cant then at least inform the person you wont be able to answear for a bit or until a sertain time, or just "until later", i seems so disrespectfull to me to not answear to someone in a timply manner and then not give a reason for your delay, people have things to do or things they would want to do and some give up theyr time to stay close to the computer waiting for an answear to start an rp, like cmon please...... answear, and dont just leave someone hangin it is such a big disrespect to just leave someone hanging its like when you invite someone out and they go to the place you were gonna meet and you dont show up at all........ it is so disrespectfull......... please answear in a timply manner or leave a reason for your delay!
I can tell by your post that you are really frustrated.

I have felt that same eagerness to see what happens next and I know how hard it can be to wait.

I have learned though that such expectations are not really achievable in forum RP. If you are in a chatroom or other platform where the format is based on live (in the moment interactions), you are absolutely right. Good etiquette would be to let someone know if you have to step away for a short time or leave completely.

However, rping in forums is different. Forums aren't designed to be "in the moment". They are designed to bring together those who cannot sit down to enjoy the quick exchange of posts that a platform like Discord can offer. It isn't expected by those who prefer to rp over forum threads to to notified if the time between posts will be more than a few minutes. Etiquette in forums is concerned with letting partners know if they will be away for days or weeks.

I would suggest reading your rp partners' bios to see if they say anything about how often they post. If they don't, don't be afraid to politely ask.

I would also look for members who say they want to use Discord or other similar platforms. Such players are probably far more likely to be seeking the same quick posting rhythm that you also enjoy and have the time for.

I know it can be hard, but try not to take the time you spend waiting as an insult. Assume the best. Assume that they would have told you if they could have. And find the kind of partners who make RPing so fun it is worth the wait.

I hope this helped. ((hugs))
Hiro Topic Starter

InkWren wrote:
I can tell by your post that you are really frustrated.

I have felt that same eagerness to see what happens next and I know how hard it can be to wait.

I have learned though that such expectations are not really achievable in forum RP. If you are in a chatroom or other platform where the format is based on live (in the moment interactions), you are absolutely right. Good etiquette would be to let someone know if you have to step away for a short time or leave completely.

However, rping in forums is different. Forums aren't designed to be "in the moment". They are designed to bring together those who cannot sit down to enjoy the quick exchange of posts that a platform like Discord can offer. It isn't expected by those who prefer to rp over forum threads to to notified if the time between posts will be more than a few minutes. Etiquette in forums is concerned with letting partners know if they will be away for days or weeks.

I would suggest reading your rp partners' bios to see if they say anything about how often they post. If they don't, don't be afraid to politely ask.

I would also look for members who say they want to use Discord or other similar platforms. Such players are probably far more likely to be seeking the same quick posting rhythm that you also enjoy and have the time for.

I know it can be hard, but try not to take the time you spend waiting as an insult. Assume the best. Assume that they would have told you if they could have. And find the kind of partners who make RPing so fun it is worth the wait.

I hope this helped. ((hugs))

thanks for the reply, yea i was quite frustrated at the moment i wrote this but im fine now, usualy i dont mind much if people take a full day to answear something, this hole situation is stuck to something that happened wile attempting to rp with someone else, long story short, the guy said "i will write something now" 3 times in the spam of 3 days, never wrote anything... thanks for the nice answear, im good now.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » okay why does nobody answear in time

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus