Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Mercenary War

Mentat Wallace (played by Jabonicus)

(It really pisses Mentat off that every ship he gets ends up getting destroyed.)

Mentat groaned, seeing the engines die. "When will the NEVEC reinforcements get here?" Mentat asked, wondering what their firepower would be.
"We don't know. We just got an accepted request for help." One of the Engineers replied.
Johnson (played by HvyArtillery)

"Sir! Modified torpedoes standing by."

"Excellent, target the NEVAC ship and fire." Johnson ordered. the Poseidon's torpedo bays erupted in a series of blue flashes and the torpedoes were racing through space towards Mentat. The modified warhead contained a plasma that was corrosive to any type of energy field it encountered, namely shields.

After firing the torpedoes, the Posiedon maneuvered into the perfect firing position, with the most weapons angled so they could hit the NEVAC ship.
Arik Taranis (played by HRA)

"Prepare to be boarded." Arik ordered over the comms, and walked off the bridge. He was going in there directly. "Robbins, watch the ship."

Then he boarded a boarding torpedo, holding his guns and sword in his hand and sheath. He had his helmet on, and the cape. Everything was set. Then he gave the order to go. Every single man in the boarding torpedo lurched forward and back, then the torpedo fired, ripping through space, and hitting the enemy hull.

"Stop firing! I surrender!" Mentat said over the radio.
"Sir! There are no escape pods!"
"WHAT?!" Mentat shouted.
"Sir! The NEVEC request has been figured out! NEVEC is not coming!" An Engineer said.
"..Prepare for boarding. It's probably best that NEVEC doesn't come." He said, slouching in his chair.
Johnson (played by HvyArtillery)

"Sir, enemy vessel has lost shields and is broadcasting a message of surrender. Our ally has boarded the ship."

"Very good." Johnson said. "Prepare a shuttle and notify the HRA that will we be sending a small force to the NEVAC ship."

The five man boarding party got out of the torpedo with ease, looking around at the place they were in. Interesting. It was new. Arik looked around, and called up the enemy bridge. "Where is your bridge? We're placing you under arrest."

(It's NEVEC, not NEVAC.)
"...Take the elevator, middle floor." A guard said, hands behind his head.
A loud speaker took over the radio systems. "This is NEVEC ship #1902, please apprehend the crew, these men are wanted for theft and murder, I repeat, apprehend the crew until NEVEC ships arrive."

((NEo VEnus Corp. :P))

"Roger that." Arik said, and pointed to two men. "You two, take the elevator. We'll go another way, and apprehend the crew. I don't believe a word they say."

And Arik and his two guards cocked their guns, moving forward slowly, checking every door. One of them had a semi automatic grenade launcher with Tear Gas and Mustard Gas in it. He also had a bolt pistol, which had the same 20mm rounds as the Boltgun. The other guard had a Storm bolter, and a pistol in a holster.

"Well sh*t! NEVEC too?" Mentat asked. "Please tell it's Vagabundo, doing something!"
"No sir, it's NEVEC themselves." An engineer replied.
"...Have to think..." Mentat said, losing hope as time passed. "How many on-board weapons can we use?"
"Very few, this is an old ship, back during the initial habitation process of E.D.N. III." An Engineer replied.

Arik approached the bridge just as the other two guys did. They held their guns up, and aimed them carefully. The Honour Guardsman with the grenade launcher looked around, and Arik got in. "Hello, old boys. This time, you won't elude me."

Mentat turned around, his hands behind his head. "Before NEVEC gets here, tell me, why do you fight for your side?" He asked, his gear covering the lower part of his face.

"Why do I fight for my side? HRA, or the Coalition?" Arik asked, his helmet covering his slight smile. He had a good answer for both of them, and he was going to give it. "HRA is a mighty Empire. To fight on their side as a powerful General would be a dream. We stand for the uniting of Mankind, and the salvation. For the Coalition? We want to bring peace from inside, with our influence, not yours or theirs."

"I fight because people like you and NEVEC want to bring order in a way that it is not wanted. If things are fine, and no one is begging for a change, it shouldn't change." He replied. "E.D.N. III was fine before NEVEC decided it needed to come into NEVEC order again."

"E.D.N. III Should've been in our control. I had sent my five best men to take it over and disable that rig. I was going to have all the energy to me! And with that, my power in the HRA Empire would've risen dramatically." Arik said, clenching his fist. The armor on the palm grinded against the digits. It was a close fight, E.D.N. III. "NEVEC is only a corporation. A company. There is things even a major company can't control. They will fall. Eventually."

"NEVEC turned into a military operation. It was fine when it just hired and paid miners. Then it decided to help us live on E.D.N. III. That was fine! We lived there! That was my home! Then they came in shooting everyone, because apparently our society wasn't up to standards!" Mentat said.

(That RP was in the past, or the Rig would be much more upgraded. That was before it was a full fledged military group.)

((I know, but since we're developing a rivalry between nations here, I just thought it would be fun. :P))

"All the more reason for the HRA Empire to destroy NEVEC and free her people. We will show them the way. Just like I'll show you the way. If you'll let me." General Arik said, and smiled under his helmet. He wasn't going to let the other NEVEC ship to take them. No way. "Your friends are walking into a trap. This is our ship now."

"And what do you mean by that?" Mentat asked, keeping his hands behind his head. "'Show me the way'?"

"First off, put your hands down. All of you. No reason to waste energy." Arik said, nodding at them. They couldn't hurt the Space Marines easily, but they could hurt NEVEC as they wished. "Secondly, you are all misguided. Too often we have tried to tell you, through the workings of wise men and psychics disguised as prophets, that everyone is equal, and everyone needs a chance. But too often you surround and kill these people.

Hitler and Stalin, both of them killed millions because they were different. Christianity? It tried to teach you to do good. But you ignored that! You perverted it into the crusades! And now we are on a crusade of our own. We will force you to realize the truth. And anyone who perverts that idea is killed. I know this seems hypocritical, but it's the only way you understand."

Mentat put his hands down, putting the small device that was in his hand in his pocket. "So this is another crusade? Another war?" He replied. "And what do you plan on doing against an entire NEVEC fleet?"

"I will wipe them out. I will bring the Forge World out of it's hiding place. I will rip apart everything they hold dear, and I will invade their worlds. Anything that stands in the Emperor's way will die." Arik said, smiling. "The Great Crusade starts now. Here. With your ship."

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Mercenary War

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus