Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Mercenary War

Arik Taranis (played by HRA)

"Ships like mine won't be a problem? You? Saying that? Buddy, lemme tell you something. You're a destroyer. I'm a Battleship. I am the Arrogance, the pride of the HRA Navy. I have single handedly wiped out entire planets, destroyed them completely, with one gun. I have bombarded a fortress to rubble with my turrets. I have charged head first into a dozen battles and come out with only a few wounds. I am Death. The destroyer of worlds. I am a Space Marine. AND WE SHALL KNOW NO FEAR!" Arik shouted the last part, and cut off the link with him. He was furious. He was Enraged. He was a deadly, dangerous man. And no one should mess with him.

As soon as he cut off, he ordered all firing control to his chair, and decided to make the best of it. With both an angry look, and the smile of victory, he punched the fire button on his desk. It was a sight to see.

The four railguns both fired at the same time, the supercharged projectiles leaving a blue trail behind them as they exited the barrel. The Nova Cannon, the massive weapon that left a world desolate, fired, too, sending the ship backwards, and the massive shell forwards. The plasma cannon, too, fired, shooting a green ball of superheated gas hotter than the sun into the enemy. As well as the turrets facing forwards and the orbital bombardments, and the laser batteries.
Mentat Wallace (played by Jabonicus)

The charged pulsar gun was loaded, and aimed at the projectiles. "FIRE!" Mentat shouted, the red beam incinerating most of the projectiles, the HTP missiles destroying the rest. The remaining blast of the pulsar gun was turned to the ship.
Marshal (played by Chris_Pike)

Mrshal smirked, "I am Marshal, Son of Grek, And im going to kick your ass OFF MY SHIP!" He yelled,
then grabbed the grenade, then threw it back, the bullet had hit him, but they hit some sort of energy shielding on his armor, Though it was not immune to bullets, the shield could only absorb so much fire before it would have to recharge, Marshal then pulled out a rifle, The same type they were using "To bad for you we cleared the armory!" He said, then shot at them. At the same time, the ship was in shambles, but still going, Yamato then smirked and turned to his tactical officer "keep laying mines"
Johnson (played by HvyArtillery)

taking advantage of the Echelon's weapon being distracted, busy shooting the Arrogance's projectiles, the Poseidon pulled behind the Echelon until it was only a few hundred meter from their hull.

"Lock target." Johnson ordered to his tactical officer.

"Target locked." The officer replied gruffly.

"Fire!"

With that, all of the Poseidon's forward facing weapons burst to life, firing beam after beam, torpedo after torpedo and cannon after cannon. the barrage only last a few seconds, and once it was done, the Poseidon veered away.

"SHIELDS HIT. DIRECTING POWER TO INCREASE RESISTANCE." The computer AI stated. The shields glowed a dull blue, blocking most hits, the HTP missiles destroying the others.
"Patholegen shields use every kind of power, adapting to what kind of attack is used! Anything you use will become less effective!" Mentat said over the radio. HTW missiles fired, dropping suddenly, before spinning wildly, their target being the Poseidons weapons.

((That was a sticky grenade. :P

Hey Jab, while I say, go ahead and have an overpowered destroyer for a bit, remember that the laws of physics still apply. Missiles don't destroy lasers, large lasers can't always destroy large things, and large lasers need lots of power. And you have used up a LOT of power.))

"I am Duke Rogers, Lieutenant of the mighty Space Marines, Captain of the Honour Guard, Sergeant of the Praetorian Guard, Veteran of a hundred wars. We are the Emperor's angels of death, not his angels of mercy. We are Space Marines. And we shall know no fear." Duke said, and he and his men jumped from cover. The Krak grenade exploded on the hull, blasting it open and sucking the air out. Duke's cape rustled in the 'wind' of the air depressurizing around him.

All ten Space Marines grabbed their weapons and open fired on the juggernaught, round after powerful round. If they couldn't get through the shields, they'd overwhelm it. Duke had both his powersword, and his boltgun out, but he didn't care. He strapped the boltgun to his back, and took out his powersword, a massive weapon surrounded by an energy field that amplified it. And he charged Marshal.

"Did you see that weapon? This isn't a good idea, sir. We can't charge them like this." The lieutenant said, and he was right. Arik could see that now. He knew what he had to do. He had to get the hell out of there.

"Engage Warp Engines. We're getting the hell out of here and regrouping, rearming, and repairing. They want to call it a victory? They can. I'd rather be at full strength. Show them the power of the HRA Empire." Arik said, and they were ready to make the jump to the Warp. "Duke and Johnson, we're getting out of here for a bit. We'll be back."

They turned broadside to the enemy ship, and open fired all their weapons they could. Over 60 very large projectiles, four lasers, and dozens of las discharges shot into the enemy ship. Then, in front of them, a large red hole appeared. It was surging with energy, and they ran right into it. "COME AT US, MENTAT!"

"Sir, we only have enough rationed thermal energy for one more attack!" One of the engineers said.
"Save it!" Mentat said. "Prepare the shield for a blitz attack!" He shouted. The large laser started charging again. "Aim it at the Arrogance!" He commanded. "Mess with my life, my home, my anything, and you will suffer!" He shouted as the laser reached full power.
(Explosions and other disturbances can disrupt the wave carried by a laser, weakening it. A laser isn't mass, it's energy, carries by waves. Each laser blasts takes about 1000 thermal energy, the ship holds about 10,000. He can only use three blasts at a time.)

They disappeared into the Warp Hole, leaving it open for a second. Arik wasn't about to let them rip a hole in their ship. As soon as the entire Carrier/Battleship group was in the Warp, the hole shut behind them. He was going to come back in force. Later.

((Ahh. Figures. :P))
Marshal (played by Chris_Pike)

(Doh I have been foiled again XD)

Marshal put his hand infront of his visor, then his visor took away the flashes of the bullets, He would have to act quick or he would be killed, he grabbed something from the side of him, and then activated a strange looking sword, it was strange because it was not in the traditional sword shape, it was in a V shape from the handle, he then ran at them at full force, and swung at one of them

The fully charged gun turned to the Poseidon, letting its final blast shoot towards its engines. "Die!" Mentat shouted.
(The gun is from Lost Planet 2, and it was true that you could only fire it about three times before you ran low on fuel)

((I have a tendancy to do that. XD
Aahhh. Thanks! :P))

Duke tried to run to the sergeant that the man swung at, but the sergeant hit the sword with the body of his gun, blocking it. He kicked Marshal in the gut and tried to grab for his chainsword before Duke could get there. But he was too late. Duke had got there. And he was furious. He swung one sword at the man, and kicked him in the chest. He was in a Rage.

As Mentat's missiles flew towards the Poseidon, the main computer recognized the threat and activated the ship's anti-missile defenses. The ship fired small automated beams at the projectiles destroying each one in turn. The few that made it through collided with the ship's shields, unable to reach their target.

Back on the bridge, the officer at sensors reported, "Sir, their powering up the big gun of their again!"

"Emergency Power to shields!" Johnson ordered.

"Yes sir!" With the pressing of a few buttons, reserve power was sent to the shielding grid. Just in time too, as the ship shook violently when Mentat's weapon hit.

"Damage report."

"Shield integrity down to forty percent, minor damage to the outer hull, and report of minor injuries throughout the ship."

"Return fire, and don't stop shooting until I say so." the ship moved forward, her weapons coming to life as she attacked Mentat's vessel.

"Activate HTW and HTP missiles! Destroy their weapons!" Mentat shouted as hundreds of missiles started rocketing towards the Poseidon.

"Status report!" Arik ordered, walking out of his chair and pacing. He was watching the battle from his command console, and wanted so desperately to help them. But he knew they had to wait. One more laser blast, hopefully, and the enemy fuel supplies would run low.

"Well, the repairs are almost finished. We should be able to rejoin the battle soon," The Lieutenant said. Arik nodded. Good.

"Good, good. As soon as everything's ready, go to normal space."

the Poseidon's anti-projectile defense came online and began destroying the incoming missiles, the several dozens that manage to go though the wall of defensive fire collided with the Poseidon's shield's.

"Report."

"Shields down to thirty-eight percent."

Johnson stroked his beard thinking. The ship wouldn't be able to survive a prolonged firefight witha shield level like that, therefore, Johnson decided to shift the balance of power in his favor.

he quickly ordered the necessary torpedo modifications.

After several of his officers rushed off to begin preparations, Johnson turned his attention back to Mentat's ship.

"Initiate combat maneuver Delta-IV. Divert reserve power to weapons and fire everything!"

"NOW!" Arik shouted, and the ship jumped to normal space. The huge warp hole opened right behind the NEVAC ship and then closed as soon as the Arrogance was out of it, safely into the fray. The huge four forward Railguns opened up with their supercharged projectiles, each moving nearly the speed of light, leaving behind blue contrails in their wake.

The forward Las Turrets, Laser batteries, gun turrets, and orbital bombardment guns also open fired, the first firing discharge after discharge. The lasers fired for ten seconds each, eight in total, and then recharged for ten minutes. It was that powerful.

"USE THE BOOSTERS AS A WEAPON! DIVERT ALL POWER TO THE BOOSTERS!" Mentat shouted. The engine roared as red hot energy pulsed through it, until it became a beam. "Let me show you why I steal from NEVEC!" After a minute of charging, the shields had adapted, but had become slightly weaker. The engine let out a beam stronger than the gun, The matter the beam touched rumbled as the vibrations it created increased rapidly. It's power not only came from the vibrations, but the rapid heat change, something becoming too hot or too cold too fast will cause for severe damage. The blast was several million degrees kelvin.

((The Lasers and Railgun is too fast for you to stop before it hits, and by the time it hit, you would know about it only then. Its faster than your mind can process, so can you account for that, please?))

The ship turned onto its side, the 50 guns facing the ship, and they out of the way of harm. The beam had damaged the shields severely, dropping them down to 10%. But then all 50 broadside guns fired at once, pushing the ship back with the recoil. The Las turrets fired discharge after powerful discharge, intended to weaken the shields even further.

"If that doesn't do it, send in the attack craft."

(I noted that it hit, and that was a rebuttal against it.)

Mentat went quiet as the shield warning came on. "Send a NEVEC distress signal, then get the ship out of here." He said as a radio wave went out, a prerecorded message playing over the radio signal.

"...This is NEVEC warship Echelon, requesting back up at this location. We have come under attack, and request immediate assistance." The ship started it's engines, and suddenly started to flee.

"Target the engines! Use the Railguns and lance weapons!" Arik ordered, and the ship turned towards the engines, targeting them. Four railguns charged and fired, leaving behind blue trails. Then the eight forward laser batteries fired for ten seconds, and then recharged. "This is General Arik Taranis. You are ordered to surrender your ship and prepare to be boarded. You will comply."

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Mercenary War

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus