Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » Are You A Good Writer?

Sorry- whoever is below me can rate & write as prompted by the person above. I stared to participate, & drew a huge blank .___________.

EDIT: I didn't want to hold up the game, but since nobody has replied I will go ahead and give it a shot XD

6/10 for very simplistic wording and average sentence structure. You are very adept at writing a personal narrative, but I believe you could absolutely soar (heheh- appropriate adverb considering the topic you just wrote on) if you were to look into synonyms. I bet you are an excellent RP'er though :) I did enjoy your narrative!

A squirrel danced merrily through a congressional meeting, his tail twitching rhythmically as his cane tapped out staccato beats. How odd that a creature generally so overlooked by those in power would choose to perform here... perhaps that's precisely why: so he could put on a show in privacy But something didn't feel right- perhaps it was the fact that the small creature was missing a top hat to accompany the act...? No. Something more tangible; perhaps I've left the stove on and I'm going to burn down the congressional building with me, the squirrel, and the congressmen all in it!!

Awake. A vague unease had settled over my sleep-crusted brain. Tomorrow is going to be a bustling day and rest right now is vital, but I cannot just lay back down when everything is so wrong. But why?

Crash!

Adrenaline pumped into muscles and tissue snapping my mind to a keen alertness. An intruder! I remained tautly in a half upright position while scenarios and possibilities swirled through my brain jostling for viability. Then the calm. Months of meditation and study rushed to replace the myriad of fears and the decision to investigate took precedence. Every muscle now bound to my will, I leapt out of bed soundlessly and slinked into the hallway. I dropped into a low crouch and made my way with the grace of an assassin to the railing and peered through the balusters into the darkness of the first floor. The blackness seemed excruciatingly thick and masked any visual of the intruder. Eyesight could not be relied upon. After a deep inhalation I felt energy gather in my mind and I switched my dependence from external senses to intuition. If I cannot see, then neither can this interloper. He will not be expecting me, so the element of surprise is my advantage. I straightened, feeling every atom of my being connected to the energies around me, and quickly sprung down the stairs with catlike assuredness. The burglar's footsteps were careful, but he was unfamiliar with the house and he was trepid to the point of giving his position away. Surprise isn't enough. This is political; he's in my home and has already shown that he possesses no respect or honor. I do not want this to get violent- I don't need his blood on my hands, nor do I wish my blood to sit upon my own carpet. My bubble of silence held tightly about me as I tip toed up behind him and slipped under the dinning room table.

"You have been extremely impolite. I don't usually allow guests on the carpet with their muddy boots on," my velvety tone leisurely drawled. The large man gave a start and dropped his backpack as he spun wildly about searching for the source of the voice.
"Who is that?! Get down or I'll shoot you!" His quavering voice held none of the boldness that his words implied.
"Ah, so now you don't just have the appearance of no manners... you opened your big mouth and have proven it. To add to the affronts, you also are stupid because your plan was not very well thought out. Didn't anyone warn you that it is highly dangerous to walk into the cave of a sleeping beast?"
The smell of fear rolled off his body and mingled with the unwashed smell of his clothing.
"Screw you!" His voice cracked in a high pitched tone. "Come out where I can see you!" Clumsy hands fumbled along the wall as he searched in the dark for a light switch.
I clicked my tongue in a tsking sound, and still silent as the grave, I crept out from under the table and up right behind him while he continued his blind bumbling.
"Would you like to be my pet? I can teach you all sorts of games and I'll even let you keep your feet, although your hands will have to go," I whispered into his ear softly like a lover. Then I licked his neck gently before dropping quickly to the floor and swiftly maneuvering under the china stand. His vile taste on my tongue, I swallowed hard in an attempt to clear my pallet as he stumbled wildly about shakily thrusting his hand into his pocket for his firearm. He feels vulnerable and like this isn't his game anymore. I've shown him more disrespect than he's shown me... it won't be long now.
"You're sick! You're twisted!" He shouted in a panicked falsetto as he backed away.
"You've read me like a book. Now are you going to be a good puppy and undress for me, or shall I be forced to do it for you?" I asked slowly and acidly. A cat toy that had rolled under the stand ages ago rested inches from my hand. I took aim with and pinged it right into his chest. That did it.

"How the **** do you get out of here?!?! I'm leaving: just leave me alone!" The intruder whined piteously while he tripped over his own feet scrambling back to the foyer. Deadbolts slammed out of position and the door was flung wide as he tore from my property. I breathed a shaky sigh of relief and went up to stairs to check on my sleeping children.

New topic: Finding, losing, changing, or indifference to your religion

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » Are You A Good Writer?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus