Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Zombie apocalypse based rp (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

I know that Zombies apocalypse rps aren't too terribly rare...I've seen a few myself but I wanted to test out some of the zombies I designed and I know this isn't the rp I'm setting up at the moment but:

Fungi
Type of infection: Fungus

How the infection spreads: Biting that causes the spores getting into the bloodstream or during
the sporing of zombies if the spores get into open wounds or breathed in, the consumption of food that has spores on it, or the spores getting into the body in any other way.

Appearance: They look like normal humans except for the white fungus that grows out of their
head, this fungus normally isn’t very big unless the zombie is about to spore, on top of this the zombies have the white fungus growing in their mouth, the dusty spores are visible and leak out some whenever the zombie opens its mouth, on top of that when they bite someone the spores stored in their mouth gets into the bloodstream.

Mind: This type of zombie is mindless as the fungi that takes root in the brain lowers the brain
functionality as it takes over control of the host, the only remaining function are the base functions of eating, hunting, and reproducing. They become more like feral animals and on top of that the natural inhibitor is gone so every hit they make on someone is at full power(and given that a human without the inhibitor can lift cars and giant boulders, each hit does a good deal of damage) however in exchange, each hit they do on someone shreds their muscles up and makes their limbs almost unusable.

Survivability: This type of zombie does need food to fuel the human host, however as it can’t
feel pain they can take lethal hits without falling and they can be hunger stricken and still fight at full power, if they don’t eat something every 1-2 days they will be on a dying slope, a lethal wound will lead them to die but it would take a few days or even a few weeks to do so. The infectivity is high, but corpses can’t turn into zombies and dying bodies can only be infecting for a little bit of time, enough time to cause a sporing incident however.

Danger: Overall this type of zombie is dangerous to fight in a head on battle, but with a simple
strategy you can defeat it unharmed. However, getting directly hit by this zombie is almost certain death as even if you manage to survive the initial hit, it will use your stun time to spread the fungus further. Fights with this zombie are usually short as they only have a limited number of attacks before they are unable to continue on further.

Other: These cannot open up food boxes and as such mainly rely on food out in the open and
animals as their food source, if two of this type of zombie get too close to each other they will fight each other. When their bodies are dying they climb up to a high place and start sporing, and as they are at a high place the spores spread over a large area.

Parasite-1
Type of infection: Parasite

How the infection spreads: The infected bites the targets head and the parasite using the stinger
that goes through the top of the hosts mouth stings the target, laying eggs in the targets brain

Appearance: They look like a human besides the small hole in their head somewhere and the
small hole on the roof of their mouth and a tail that can come out of the hole to sting the targets brain, but it’s usually retracted into the head.

Mind: Because of how this zombie controls the host, this zombie is generally mindless, however
this type of zombie is a hive mind...they won’t fight another zombie of this kind and they work together with others of this type.

Survivability: This zombie requires food to fuel the host body however it can eat normal human
food without much of a problem

Danger: This zombie is much more dangerous than the fungi based zombie, however compared
to the other parasite based zombie it’s not too terribly dangerous.

Other: This parasite will dig out part of the hosts brain and lay in the hole, controlling the body
through electric signals to the brain. It will gather as many memories as it can from the
human host as it eats the brain and controls them, making it blend in with society much easier.

These parasites can communicate to each other with clicks that are at about 40,000 hertz, which puts it in a range that irritates dog’s ears which can cause the dogs to whine, run away, or whimper, and also means that humans can’t hear this communication.

Parasite-Hive queen
Type of infection: Parasite

How the infection spreads: The infected bites the targets head and the parasite using the stinger
that goes through the top of the hosts mouth stings the target, laying eggs in the targets brain

Appearance: They look like a human besides the small hole in their head somewhere and the
small hole on the roof of their mouth, however most hive queens heal up the wounds so they look completely human.

Mind: This zombie can think like a human, act like a human, talk like a human and it has a hive
mind

Survivability: This type of zombie isn’t likely to die out, they can survive on human food, have a
hive mind, and have the ability to repair any damage that happens to their body. On top of that the other parasitic zombies that aren’t hive queens will try to protect this type even at the cost of their body.

Danger: This zombie is the most dangerous of all the types of zombies, it has absolute control
over the body, how much power the body exerts. They can’t feel pain and have a hive mind, their weaknesses are unknown as whenever one is too injured to fight it destroys itself. On top of that they can think like a human

Against a high tier of this type...there is no hope in normal circumstances, so just give up and hope it doesn’t see you as a threat or isn’t hungry. This is because a high tier has enough control over the host’s body to speed up regeneration, alter the body shape, and even recover the body from wounds that under normal circumstances can’t be healed.

Other: This type of zombie, the hive queen, is formed when the eggs from the parasitic zombie
are stored in an area that has high amounts of electricity in it before being put into a human. Unlike the lower tier parasites when this one infects it will eat the whole brain giving it more precise control over the body and more functionality over the body. Like the previous type it gains the memories of the human host as it eats the brain.

These hive queens don’t get along with hive queens from other “hives” and when one trespasses into another's area, unless it's because they have important information, there is usually a fight that occurs from it.
The hive queens can also communicate at 40,000 hertz like the other parasites

I don't have a full out designed plot in mind...But this is supposed to be taking place in a modern society with these different types of zombies thrown in...I have a simple explanation for how the zombies got there and you can play a hive queen if you want...the gender of the host doesn't matter for the hive queens as the human host body isn't connected to the parasites gender

I do plan on playing one of the hive queens myself but if someone else wants to to I could either not or we could have them be allies?
Magic 00%
No magic at all.
Technology 50%
Modern
Combat 70%
More combat than not. The setting may be at war, and the characters will likely get involved whether or not they seek it out.
Romance 20%
Romance isn't outright desired, but can happen if we decide the characters are perfect for each other. The romance won't be important to the overall plot.

Details: Occasional dice use, adjustable length posts, Will be played with a small group of players.

I've got a survivor character (Jeremy Thorn) That I think would work great in this RP.
Sarlic Topic Starter

I just read through him, I agree...I think he would work good for a rp like this one, are you fine waiting for a couple more people?
Yeah that perfectly fine
WanderingSatellite

This is interesting! Willing to play as a survivor if you're still looking for players.
Hm, Hive queen sounds interesting... I already have a zombie character. Maybe it's a sort of "rebelling against habit" thing? Either that or a "Wolf in sheep's clothing" scenario? Either way, I would love to join!
Sarlic Topic Starter

Sorry for the late replies

Wandering- Yeah we are still looking for more characters

SilentSolis- Can I see the zombie character you have and maybe pm you to discuss the hive queen if you're interested in that
Rekogi

If you’re looking for any more survivors, then I’m up to rp!
Sarlic Topic Starter

That would give us 3-4 survivors with 2-1 hivequeens depending on how set up goes so far...I think I'll wait for one person to start or a few days...whichever comes first

So would everyone prefer forums or pms

And yeah we are still looking Rek
WanderingSatellite

Sarlic wrote:
That would give us 3-4 survivors with 2-1 hivequeens depending on how set up goes so far...I think I'll wait for one person to start or a few days...whichever comes first

So would everyone prefer forums or pms

And yeah we are still looking Rek

That sounds good! I'm new to the site and this would be my first rp on here so I don't have an opinion on forum vs pms.
Sarlic Topic Starter

Pms you can see the notification for easier(In my opinion)

Forums would be easier for new people to join if this rp does well enough

And a group would be a lot like the forums but more organized- so if you want that I can try to make on(or we could do it off site)

**I just remembered of groups and off site stuff...xD**
WanderingSatellite

Sarlic wrote:
Pms you can see the notification for easier(In my opinion)

Forums would be easier for new people to join if this rp does well enough

And a group would be a lot like the forums but more organized- so if you want that I can try to make on(or we could do it off site)

**I just remembered of groups and off site stuff...xD**

Whatever works for you! This rp is your idea, so you should choose whatever you think would work best for it.
Sarlic Topic Starter

Well I'll make a forum for it...do you think this will fit in science, general or fantasy-
WanderingSatellite

Sarlic wrote:
Well I'll make a forum for it...do you think this will fit in science, general or fantasy-

Sci-fi or action, fantasy maybe, but I would say sci-fi/action would be your best bet.
Sarlic Topic Starter

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Zombie apocalypse based rp (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus