Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Glass Green (Moved To Groups)

The Glass Green (played anonymously)

The Mirror Calls.

A slither of pale green trembled in the air a few feet from the ground like a ribbon teased by the gentle hand of a breeze. There was a subtle flash and it began to expand like a leaf bud opening to the morning rays of a spring sun. It grew further, slowly, but steadily until it could stretch no more. Standing around seven foot tall, it’s smooth almost transparent surface gave a ghostly image that could not clearly be discerned. It arched at the top and looked like a old window or even a mirror.

It shimmered as though it sought attention.
Zero (played by JustAStory)

"Don't worry. You'll be fine." Zero said, removing the chest piece of the soldier's armor. She bit her lip when she saw the damage done. It didn't seem awful, but ot could be awful. "What are you feeling, Jax?" Zero asked her teammate.
"Can't breathe."
"What does it feel like?"
"Like my chests... are full.."
Zero immediately took off his helmet. Didn't need more to learn his condition - his eyes were as red as blood.
"Zero, what's 07 status?" she heard through the intercom as she pulled out a small needle gun. Zero ignored it, trying to be as fast as possible in her work.
"Zero, how the hell is Jax?!" the captain yelled in her ear.
"He has Pulmonary Barotrauma, boss! I'm inserting a needle in the 2nd intercostal space in the mid-clavicular line in the affected hemithorax!"
"Oh, great, that explains it! Talk like a normal person, goddamit!"
The medic put the gun to 07's chests and pulled the trigger, sticking a needle into his chests. "His lungs are messed up from an explosion! I'm helping him!"
"What's your location?"
Zero put the gun back and pressed a button on her wrist device when a 3d blueprint of the large ship appeared in the thin air above her wrist.
"We're in Zone B, boss."
"Zero, listen to me - swarm of aliens are headed to your location. Get the hell out of there!"
Zero shivered and looked at 07. He wasn't able to stand up.
"Run." 07 managed to speak out.
She kept silent for a moment, trying to figure out what to do "I... but... I swore an oath." the woman prepared her gun.
"Screw the oath. Go."
"Stay here, don't move, just breathe."
The woman stood up "07 needs to be evacuated right now." she started speaking through the intercom "Tell the medical team that he suffers from Pulmonary Barotrauma, they'll know what to do, I gave him some time. I'll now give you time too."
She immediately ran through the door, out in the large hallway and waited, feeling like her heart was about to tear a hole in her chest and jump out.
"Zero, what are you doing?"
"Just come and pick him up!"
"Zero, this is a-"
The woman turned off the comunation device and a couple of seconds later she was able to hear the aliens. It seemed like they were running and she was right, not a minute later they appeared as she started shooting at them to take their attention. That's when they speed up towards her as she ran down the hallway.

Zero was a fast runner, she was able to outrun all of her team, but didn't think it was something that was crucial. Now, however, it gave the others time to pick up 07 and get him to their ship as the swarm of monstrous aliens were right behind her.
She felt like crying, but it could only slow her down. In her heart she knew that everything was over for her. She knew it when she took this decision. The best and the worst decision in her life. But she was a combat medic, she HAD to save the others. One death was better than two. If every combat medic was afraid to do their job, then a lot of soldiers would've died.

That's when she hit a dead end. Zero hit the wall with her hands "No! Damn!"
Now she didn't need the strength to run, so she let her tears out as she turned her back against the wall and pulled out her gun once again.
The medoc started shooting at the swarm before her, taking some of the aliens down and screaming as the tears blurred her vision. But the aliens were fast and were many.

Zero pressed her back against the wall like that would break a hole into it and she'd escape from there. Her attention was quickly taken away from the aliens to a bright green light behind her. She turned her head a bit to see what was happening, but couldn't distinguish anything. Was she starting to hallucinate due to the stress?
Even if she wanted to focus on the light, an alien jumping right at her made her turn her attention towards the damn thing.

And then she fell back.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Glass Green (Moved To Groups)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus