Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » True COVID 19 Story 💔

Nurse Mina (played anonymously)

83f3a4479147332406b6ae1f102c7125b03b5a17r1-629-900v2_00.jpg

Hello everyone! I'm a new character -- Nurse Mina Sekumi.
But that's not it. What I really want to share with you is the story of why I was created. I hope you have time to read it...

So I am a character inspired by a true and painful story between a nurse and her husband. Not sure if you've heard or read about this before, but let's call the nurse Mina and her husband, who is a doctor, Kaito.

Kaito and Mina are front liners during the COVID-19 Pandemic. One day, Kaito, unfortunately, got infected by the Coronavirus. Hence, he quarantined himself, only allowing those he chose to treat him to come to see him. His wife Mina, on the other hand, kept on begging to him, to the nurses and to the other doctors that if she could help treat him, but her husband always refused.

He said, "Keep my wife away from me. I don't want to get her infected."

From Kaito's instructions, everyone resisted helping Mina, so she was forced to stay away from her husband. She had no choice.

Every day, Mina would look at her husband as she stood outside his room. Her heart was aching, knowing that she was unable to help him. She felt powerless. It hurt her so much that every time she passes his room, she would shed a tear. But as she did, Kaito would always look to her and mouth: "I love you. Everything will be okay."

Although she was afraid, Mina stayed strong. She believed that her husband was gonna be okay and that they will finally be together again. But one day, Kaito was declared dead. Mina, who was in tears and who was shouting her husband's name, was being pulled away by her colleagues as she stared at the van that took her husband's body for cremation. She was never able to hold him even once. She was never able to tell him 'I love you' that day or even 'goodbye'. Even if his death was already foreseen, she was hoping throughout the time she waited, it wasn't. She was really hoping to be with him again. . .but she guessed it was never meant to be.

Mina, after the painful and heartbreaking loss, however, never stopped helping. She continued to serve, knowing that her husband would never want her to give up her life. He would want her to continue it by doing what was right...

Always remember that during these hard times, a lot of unexpected things will happen, so be grateful for the people you love and who love you back. Remind them of how special they are to you, of how much you care for them, treasure them and cherish them. You don't know when they're going to disappear from your life or when you're going to disappear from theirs . . .
Stay safe, everyone. Always.
MasterWinter

Mina will probably hear this a lot, if she doesn't already but...

vuf6hv3.gif

I just really don't know what to say, to something like that. Especially so I don't end up echoing others. Though I do apologize if I end up echoing what Mina has heard already.

While it was difficult for Mina, and while Mina felt torn, the good thing is: Kaito always told Mina he loved her.

It still does not make the whole thing easier. Mina didn't, from my understanding (so please feel free to correct me if i'm wrong), get to say goodbye to him. He did what he thought was right, even though Mina wanted to be there with him.

bkZZJAF.gif

Loosing a loved one is never easy. I lost my mom in Sept. of last year. So while I didn't lose anyone, yet, to Covid19, nor can I understand the level of loss Mina has experienced, I can understand in general the loss of a loved one.

I hope that as difficult as it will be, Mina will be able to find the strength to keep going. And that I thank her for continuing her work as a nurse.
Nurse Mina (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Winters_Fury wrote:

vuf6hv3.gif

I just really don't know what to say, to something like that. Especially so I don't end up echoing others. Though I do apologize if I end up echoing what Mina has heard already.

While it was difficult for Mina, and while Mina felt torn, the good thing is: Kaito always told Mina he loved her.

It still does not make the whole thing easier. Mina didn't, from my understanding (so please feel free to correct me if i'm wrong), get to say goodbye to him. He did what he thought was right, even though Mina wanted to be there with him.

bkZZJAF.gif

Loosing a loved one is never easy. I lost my mom in Sept. of last year. So while I didn't lose anyone, yet, to Covid19, nor can I understand the level of loss Mina has experienced, I can understand in general the loss of a loved one.

I hope that as difficult as it will be, Mina will be able to find the strength to keep going. And that I thank her for continuing her work as a nurse.

"I'm sorry for your loss." Nurse Mina bowed, "My deepest condolences to you and your family. But, thank you so much for the sympathy, especially towards the real Mina who was my inspiration. For sure, she is very grateful for everyone's support. May you always take care of yourself, dear sir. You have a kind heart."
MasterWinter

Nurse Mina wrote:
Winters_Fury wrote:

vuf6hv3.gif

bkZZJAF.gif

"I'm sorry for your loss." Nurse Mina bowed, "My deepest condolences to you and your family. But, thank you so much for the sympathy, especially towards the real Mina who was my inspiration. For sure, she is very grateful for everyone's support. May you always take care of yourself, dear sir. You have a kind heart."

^-^ You are absolutely most welcome. And thank you too. My best wishes and regards to you and your writer.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » True COVID 19 Story 💔

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus