Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Error 404

Ayden Matthews (played by WanderingSatellite)

"The thing, yeah," Ayden finishes. "Are you alright? I'm Ayden by the way."
In spite of the rather unorthodox entrance, Ayden was excited to see Jeremiah. Something about seeing his first human since this whole thing started was making him giddy. The oddness of the situation was not lost on him. Ayden had seen Jeremiah around town. Granted, it was in passing—seeing him walking across the street, in a line at a restaurant, a face in traffic—but Ayden recognized him. Which begged the question: why had the only people who responded to the article been living ten minutes away from each other? And more worryingly: where was everyone else?
Jeremiah Widow (played anonymously) Topic Starter

“Oh, I’m fine,” Jeremiah nodded in return, staring at his feet. “I mean, if it were on any other occasion, maybe, it would be a pleasure to meet you, and not a total bewilderment.” He raised and dropped his shoulders briskly with a nervous laugh, looking up once again.

Readjusting his glasses, he could see a figure approaching him and Ayden. He squinted. It was a female with a rather irritated or somewhat confused ( Just like the rest of them, he thought ) expression, but she also seemed hesitant ( Also like the others. Who wasn’t a little skeptical? ). Jeremiah took this chance to weakly grin to acknowledge her entry to the weak conversation, of a conversation at all.
The Anonymous (played anonymously)

It wasn’t surprising that she felt like leaving. In fact, she was tempted to. That was until she was given a fragile smile by the boy who had clumsily fallen off of his bike. A sigh escaped Kaseko’s lips. Yep. She was in for long haul.

“So..” She finally came to a stop, folding her arms as she approached the area the reflection of light touched. “Any ideas what the hell is going on, or why we-” She made a gesture to the three of them by nodding her head. “-aren’t errors, like everyone else? Or are we all stuck in square one?”

Ayden attempts to form an answer, looking around for. . . something. Anything, really. He offers a halfhearted smile, "Square one I guess. I haven't even seen an animal, much less another person. Have either of you been able to call anyone? Like from out of town?"

Kaseko shook her head. “I haven’t tried. I don’t honestly know anyone outside of town. Well, no one I keep in touch with, I suppose. How about you two?” Her narrowed eyes drifted back and forth between the two people in front of her. If they happened to all be in square one, how would they dare move forward?

“I.. didn’t think to contact anyone, with all the confusion,” The male with spectacles blinked, pulling his phone from his pocket and raising a brow at it. “I mean, it’s worth a try, right? But what if no one answers? What do we do then?” It was a hassle biting his tongue and swallowing the rest of his questions. He hoped the panic that had been dwelling in his chest for the last hour hadn’t been as noticeable as he thought it was.

"We. . . leave," Ayden says, surprised at himself for saying it. "If we can't call anyone, we go looking for them. There has to be someone else somewhere. And maybe while we're looking we will—I don't know—figure something out. It's worth a try." The plan is barebones to say the least, but it's all Ayden can muster through the anxious haze in his brain. Part of him is still convinced he'll wake up in his bed.

Kaseko blinked. She was taken by shock by the answer, confused more than anything. “Alright…” She finally mustered, folding her arms over one another. She was somewhat glad she decided to wear the warmth of the hoodie, now that she was standing in the cold. “I suppose I agree with you. Where do we even begin, though?” There were so many places that could be infected by the strange status code, she thought. And there was a fair point brought up in the chat. If the moon was visible at any time by all, did that mean all were affected? The woman took a breath. If her thoughts weren’t so jumbled, perhaps she could figure something out with a clearer mind.

“Leave?” Jeremiah tilted his head, as if he were bewildered by the word. “I mean, I’m sure there has to be someone, right? How will all of this be fixed if there’s no one but us?” He, slowly, inhaled. If he— and the others— were going to try to find out anything, it definitely wouldn’t be here, in this small, almost nothing-of-a-town. He sent a gander at his phone again. A sigh escaped his lips. “But, either way the table turns, you.. have a point. I guess I’m with you, then.”

Ayden nods hesitantly. "Okay, okay, cool. We're in agreement, then. Good. Jeremiah, right? Try and call someone—from out of town preferably. I'll try too." He pulls his phone from his back pocket and starts searching through the contacts list.

"Gotcha.." It took Jeremiah a moment to find someone in his contacts, hesitantly looking down at their name. Then, with a sigh, he tapped the tip of his thumb against the L in Lucy. He slowly lifted the phone to his ear, beginning to tap his foot as he waited through the rings. To his surprise, it went straight to voicemail. "Nothing. I.. I guess I'll look for someone else, too. She might've been busy.. or something."

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Error 404

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus