Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Your Greatest Work?

I'm wondering what people's greatest work is, all across the art spectrum, be it drawings, music or... idk... interpretive dance? Literature is fine too!

I dunno if a thread like this has already been one and I missed it, but...

Personally, my best work I feel is music.

In particular, I think my orchestral composition Pact is probably top of the pile. It's nearly 10 minutes long. Was originally going to be battle music to use for D&D games, but it turned into... idk, something I guess more of a stand-alone piece than a soundtrack one. Made primarily using my Yamaha Moxf8 keyboard, there's like one trumpet sound, one or two of the percussion instruments and the rock-style drums at the end using Cubase VSTIs rather than the keyboard.

Second is Erase the Sky which is a remix of an older piece called Deleted Sky which itself went through numerous iterations. It actually started life as an MML for Mabinogi (a sort of simple midi format for playing on in-game instruments - like LotRO/Starbound's ABC files). Erase the Sky is midi composed on Magix. Apart from the original MML (which was composed for a lute things), Deleted Sky / Erase the Sky has always been a synth piece.

Also starting life as an MML is the midi composition Traverse the Void, which has also been remixed a number of times and been through more than one name change in the process. It's basically an extended version of an extended version of the version that came before it. Most of the extensions were added to the intro though, so despite being over 11 minutes long, it's nearly half intro. It makes the first half into an eerie atmospheric piece and the 2nd half into a more dance/techno-ish thingy. It's half-synth, half-orchestral. Symphonic Synth I guess you could call it? I recommend at least waiting for the bass to kick in before making a judgement... if you've got the patience for that. XD
Well you've seen my tank... but... my greatest work would be, in my opinion...
The Type 42 SF/Twin Spirits-class Heavy Fighter!
Twin_Spirits_V.png
Twin_Spirits_IV.png
Its a forward-swept, blended-wing twin fuselage propeller fighter, with a main arnament of a single Type 42 SF/30mm Rotary Autocannon.
its the third plane I made... I'll probably make a better one relatively soon cause I'm still learning modeling, but at the moment this is the pinnacle.

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Your Greatest Work?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus