Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » To any I have been RPing with/who have wanted to

Eri

I apologize for being gone all of the time, or not seeking you out after you've asked.

My grandfather has cancer, and his Hospice nurse, yesterday, has given him a week to live.
I'm just not in the roleplay spirit right now.

I am spending all of my free time with my grandparents in the meantime.
I think I speak for a lot of people when I say: REAL LIFE > RPR. Go be with your family, cherish this time, our thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time. We'll be here when you're ready!
I'm sorry to hear that, but I have to say this:

Do NOT trust Hospice. Keep your eye on them, as much as possible. Both of my parents passed while in their care, and under very questionable circumstances.
Me and my father took care of my mother for a year at home. Sent her to the hospital for one night with them, and she passed within 3 hours.
My father got cancer, took care of him, sent him to the hospital with them, he was dead within a week.
I don't trust them. No one should. They're there to 'help you die peacefully.'

I apologize if I seem callous; that's not my intent. I'm sincerely sorry to hear about this, and I hope things go well... as well as they can. :
Eri Topic Starter

Raymond wrote:
I'm sorry to hear that, but I have to say this:

Do NOT trust Hospice. Keep your eye on them, as much as possible. Both of my parents passed while in their care, and under very questionable circumstances.
Me and my father took care of my mother for a year at home. Sent her to the hospital for one night with them, and she passed within 3 hours.
My father got cancer, took care of him, sent him to the hospital with them, he was dead within a week.
I don't trust them. No one should. They're there to 'help you die peacefully.'

I apologize if I seem callous; that's not my intent. I'm sincerely sorry to hear about this, and I hope things go well... as well as they can. :

Oh, no. He's under my grandma's care, and my grandmother worked in nursing homes, and my aunt has been there since he worsened, and she's an RN. My family doesn't mess around when it comes to things like this, especially with one so dear to all of us. None of my family will let him go to the hospital, but his Hospice nurse seems to be good. Genuinely cares about my grandfather, which I appreciate.

I'm just trying to stay strong for grandma, and am.. failing miserably, but I'm not passing up my time. I just hate for people to think that I'm ignoring them on purpose.

I appreciate the support, I need it. ._.
Be as strong as you can be. I'm sure no one expects you to be a rock; it's a very emotional time for anyone, even the strongest of us. I don't know you, but I've been through what you're going through. If you need an ear, I can offer that.
I love you and I hope everything is alright. Take all the time you need with your grandfather! I wish I would've had more time with mine. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.
Eri Topic Starter

Thank you everyone. My grandfather passed yesterday, while I was at work.. an hour and a half before I got home to visit him. I've been on and off on crying, but I'm glad he isn't in pain. His last night was rough, but I was glad I was able to hold his hand the day before, and kiss his cheek and tell him I loved him, even if I never got to say goodbye.
Airekuh wrote:
Thank you everyone. My grandfather passed yesterday, while I was at work.. an hour and a half before I got home to visit him. I've been on and off on crying, but I'm glad he isn't in pain. His last night was rough, but I was glad I was able to hold his hand the day before, and kiss his cheek and tell him I loved him, even if I never got to say goodbye.

I am so incredibly sorry for your loss sweetie. I lost my grandmother unexpectedly this year, and I was not able to say goodbye either. The last time I saw her was when she and my grandfather came to visit my husband in the hospital. I wish I had hugged her again. If you need to talk, you have many friends here! Cherish the memories you have of him!

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » To any I have been RPing with/who have wanted to

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus