Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Forgetting to save important things

MasterWinter

Apparently I am famous for not saving things that I should. Thankfully nothing drastically important (say like a resume and the like). Mostly it's been stuff pertaining to rp.

For example I cannot seem to keep photos I have used and edited for an OC, thus I'd have to re-hunt and re-edit the photos for my OC. Or I don't keep bio's that I did for an OC.

What's really bad, which is why I post this, is not keeping the description of an OC's outfit. I could have sworn I saved it for one particular OC, and I didn't. So I'm like: Great...now I need to think up how to describe the look. All. Over. AGAIN.

Okay honestly, is it really going to kill me? No. Just one of those things that irritates the heck out of me about myself.

Folks just as a reminder: Even if you think you will never use something again, or you think you saved something, save your stuff for other wise you will end up like me and wanting to headdesk hard.
I personally use an USB that only contains roleplay related stuff. Whenever I'm working on characters, finding reference pictures, thinking of roleplay ideas and I'm not immediately posting these onto RPR or any other place, I keep them in files and save all those files onto my USB. That way, they can never get lost.

To make sure I do not forget to save them, I always have my USB laying at the very top of my keyboard (above my keys) so that I see it while I'm working on these things, then I can plug it in once I'm done working on them.

Aside from that, I have used the top part of a post it note to stick next to my camera with the words "SAVE IT" written onto it.

For me these things have been helpful, I hope they are for you as well.

Before using this method, I had a private discord server that I didn't share with anyone in which I worked on everything from descriptions to ideas to posts to pasting pictures. Every character/rp had a separate channel so that it was easy to keep track of things too.
MasterWinter Topic Starter

SylOfficial's post
SylOfficial wrote:
I personally use an USB that only contains roleplay related stuff. Whenever I'm working on characters, finding reference pictures, thinking of roleplay ideas and I'm not immediately posting these onto RPR or any other place, I keep them in files and save all those files onto my USB. That way, they can never get lost.

To make sure I do not forget to save them, I always have my USB laying at the very top of my keyboard (above my keys) so that I see it while I'm working on these things, then I can plug it in once I'm done working on them.

Aside from that, I have used the top part of a post it note to stick next to my camera with the words "SAVE IT" written onto it.

For me these things have been helpful, I hope they are for you as well.

Before using this method, I had a private discord server that I didn't share with anyone in which I worked on everything from descriptions to ideas to posts to pasting pictures. Every character/rp had a separate channel so that it was easy to keep track of things too.

I most likely need to start doing that myself. There have been so many times I think to bring back an OC, and find I don't have things anymore. Most likely on the harddrive of a laptop I cannot use anymore. I have the harddrive out of the laptop, and my aunt has hold of them. But as to if I still have the information on them or not, is another story.

But thank you for the input on that! I'll keep them in mid. -nod-

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Forgetting to save important things

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus