Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Revolution? (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

HRA

So you say you want a revolution? Well, you know. We all wanna see the plan.

So, whadda say? I feel like bursting out of an oppressive dictator, or, you know, the dictator oppresses and wins. Anyone interested?
That sounds hella fun! Don't think I've had the pleasure of roleplaying with you just yet. :3.

Is this a modern/dystopian setting? Something similar? O:
Interesting idea, I've done a revolution or two in my time. Mostl sci-fi or fantasy settings though. I've not done one in a very long time, and I'm sure I could alter or make a character to fit whatever setting you'd like?
HRA Topic Starter

@MadRatBird: No, and I haven't had the pleasure of RPing with you, either! Yes, something like a modern/post modern setting. If you want more details, I'll be more than happy to give them. :D

@Terel: Ahh! The old adversary! We meet again! I don't like making anyone change their characters, but whatever you need!

If possible, might be interesting for both of you to do an RP with me, perhaps in the same thread....? Just a suggestion! I'd be happy to just RP for a bit. :P
That sounds perfect actually! I'd love to know more about whatever it is you'd like to do so I could make a decent enough character for it! I'm pretty stoked, really. I don't mind having a 1x1x1 :3
HRA Topic Starter

Well, the idea is that its set in America, where the Government is changing. All is fine until the President begins the arresting of several citizens for no reason, and so forth. Then Martial Law is declared, and the citizens are ordered to go through a propaganda technique to make them utterly loyal to the Government. That's when The President turns power over to Vladimir Lenin, and Communism takes rise again.

So, that's where this comes in. A group of people (Probably with a cool title?) decide to rebel against the leaders, and try to change America back into something that they see fit. So, you can be on either side. If you're on the Government's side, you can be a person of high power. Rebels? Just an ultimate badass, if you don't mind my saying so.

Its not really a complete idea, just drew it up now (Honestly, I didn't think it would get this far. XD), so subject to change based on everyone's ideas. :P
Oooh awesome! I'd likely choose to be on the rebel side, mainly becauseeee idk, siding with the government just doesn't appeal to me all that much. uwu.

I guess all I'd really need to figure out is how my dudette knows any of the others in that group. And that's only really if they're not already banded together. Would you guys prefer the rebel group to be formed before the start of the rp or did you have a plan in mind about how they would form?

I ASK TOO MANY QUESTIONS I AM SORRY hi.
HRA Topic Starter

Hmm... meeting in a bar fight sounds like an interesting start... but if we have to, starting the band up before hand would be good. Until someone asks how they met, which would also need a start. I prefer any way you guys need.

You've asked three direct questions, and one indirect question. You're fine. :P Hi
That works! Personally I find the idea of banding together during the course of the RP a little more exciting but of course I'm down for any which one. c:.

How bout you Terel? Whachoo think?
Lolctopus

If I can offer a wee bit of advice from the sidelines:

If in some future or alternate-history setting the US happened to go full blown dictatorship, a Communist takeover seems like the least plausible way for it to go down. If you're trying to play it straight I'd finagle with that scenario a bit. Though the premise could work for like, an openly hokey Red Dawn style thing.
HRA Topic Starter

Advice taken, but I didn't say the rebellion was communist?

Old Red Dawn, or new Red Dawn? :P
Lolctopus

Nah you said the dictatorship was, which is what I meant.

And old, the new one took itself way too seriously =p
HRA Topic Starter

LOVE THE OLD!! :D

Awesome. Thanks for the helpful tidbit of advice! :)
Emma (played anonymously)

Made this lame-o!

Didn't know about technology level so I didn't include anything about what she'd use as far as that went.

Also ignore the anime-ass scythe. As much as I love the weapon, I'm afraid of it being a bit much, and that pic is supah old. uwu.

I'm all kinds of excited for this! Haha.
I really should have subscibed this. I've done my sci fi pilot Wren Tain in a modern setting before, and since all that takes is just a change of clothes and change o what craft she flies, sticking her in a near-modern America should be fine.

She could go either government or rebel side, I'm tempted to give her to the rebels since the government would obviously stick in a plane, and having her flying high above the rest of the action isn't gonnabe much fun for the RP.
HRA Topic Starter

You do realize, though, that if there is a march on Washington or some other place, they could send in planes for a strafing mission? She could be shot down whilst on that strafing mission...
That's true, so will it be afull-blown civil war, then? I mean, if the ebels have the capability of shooting down a jet fighter, they'll be packing a great deal of firepower.
HRA Topic Starter

At some point? Yeah, I'm expecting that it will be.

Shame. Now a days all you get is a few missiles in the air. Back in the 40's, it was THOUSANDS OF ROUNDS OF HIGH CALIBER EXPLOSIVES. Which scares you more?
The missiles... since in a modern bomber or fighter I'd be sailing over your ancient 1940s AA fire :-P
HRA Topic Starter

But in a troop transport, dropping paratroopers over me, who gets the face full of AA? :P

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Revolution? (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus