Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Celebrity or medical drama RP (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Sanne Moderator

Hey guys :)

Been wanting to make a new character and do a short-term plot with potential long-term plotting, but I'm not sure what direction to go in and if there's any interest.

My ideas are roughly as follows:

1. A celebrity character participates in a charity fundraiser raffle. The raffle winner will have the celebrity as their roommate for 1 month (in the winner's house, not the celebrity's). The celeb is used to living a life of luxury, and has no idea what it means to be humble and generous without expecting anything in return, something that is a reoccurring theme for the raffle winner, who may be living in rather poor conditions.

2. Average Jane or Joe works a regular, well paying job and has a grand social life. After an accident, s/he has a stroke, triggering the so called "Alien Hand Syndrome". Although s/he has modest control of his/her hand and arm, it often performs actions independently from the rest of his/her body, sometimes without Jane or Joe realizing it. His/her whole life starts to crumble as s/he struggles with this condition for which there is no known cure. As so called 'friends' and family drift away, that awkward and quiet neighbor s/he had a couple of annoying encounters with might not be as bad as s/he thought they were.

Both ideas should be fairly simple plots. A bit standard and basic, but it's solid enough to introduce new elements along the way and spice things up. :)

I look for:
- Development of characters
- A character who is not just a recycled profile or contains just the bare minimum to pass as a sentient being - I'd like some depth beyond 20 years old, working retail with purple as their favorite color.
- Friendship
- Enemies
- Drama
- Modern setting
- No magic
- No high-tech

I don't look for:
- Magic and fantasy
- Anime characters
- Romance
- Adult situations
- Gore and death
- God moders

If anyone is interested, please send me a PM or post here! I have the characters pretty detailed in my head, but I don't want to make extensive profiles if nobody is even interested in these plots.
Both of those sound really fantastic and fun! And really unique, too. What inspired you to do this, may I ask?

Either way, both 1. and 2. sound super neat. If you're still looking, I'll be more than happy to pester you! <3.
Sanne Topic Starter Moderator

MadRatBird wrote:
Both of those sound really fantastic and fun! And really unique, too. What inspired you to do this, may I ask?

Either way, both 1. and 2. sound super neat. If you're still looking, I'll be more than happy to pester you! <3.

Number one is just a pretty cliché "Haughty important person learns to be humble" idea that's common in movies and books and whatnot, and it's great for a short-term plot with potential for long-term variations.

Number two was inspired by reading about AHS and that it does, in fact, exist and is really real, and I wanted to incorporate it into a story somehow. It also follows the "Let's make this person rediscover humility" theme, but it's probably a bit more short-term.

I've really just been craving a shortish story that doesn't involve fantasy or sci-fi, but is more slice of life and something everyone can easily identify with. :)

Do you have a preference for either idea?
Yeah but I wouldn't have thought of the raffle idea :D.

I don't really have too much of a preference, though who would be playing what in this case? I'm fine with either, though with 2. I'd probably have a hard time playing the woman with the "alien hand syndrome" mainly because I don't know too much about it and would likely have to research a lot and watch videos and stuff. X).

But yeah! I totally understand. I'm usually a fantasy kind of person, but this just sounds too fun to pass up. :3.
i like the first idea.
Sanne Topic Starter Moderator

MadRatBird wrote:
Yeah but I wouldn't have thought of the raffle idea :D.

I don't really have too much of a preference, though who would be playing what in this case? I'm fine with either, though with 2. I'd probably have a hard time playing the woman with the "alien hand syndrome" mainly because I don't know too much about it and would likely have to research a lot and watch videos and stuff. X).

But yeah! I totally understand. I'm usually a fantasy kind of person, but this just sounds too fun to pass up. :3.

I was really just looking for something that could happen irl. XD I was a little inspired by that wife-swap program.

I'll roll a dice and we'll see which idea makes the cut. :D If it's #2 I'll play the person with the AHS. I'll PM you!

Sweetyceltic wrote:
i like the first idea.

I'm really only just looking for one RP right now from these two ideas, but thanks for the interest! :)

rolled 1d2 and got 1

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Celebrity or medical drama RP (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus