Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Advice about making RP groups?

Hello,

I guess the title is self-explanatory as to I'm kind of looking for advice about making a RP group here on RPR. I have made groups before, but never on this site, and they weren't really successful in the past.

I have had a world (I really enjoy world-building) that I have made up over the course of several years, and several of my characters on here are from that world. I've had roleplays with them before, but they've always had this feeling of disconnect from the world I made them (my characters) for.

I've had a thought a solution to this would be a RP group, but I'm nervous about making one. It's been a while since I've made one as I've mentioned previously, and I'm afraid that there won't be any interest.

So, any advice or something else for me? I guess if I think of anything specific, I'll add it later.

Thanks in advance.
This might sound like a particularly Dad thing to say, but do it for you, and have fun doing it.

SERIOUSLY.

Just like people are usually attracted to confidence, people are usually attracted to pasdion and joy. So if you have something that you love and think is amazing, do it your way and don't worry about what everyone thinks. If they have a problem with it, then they're probably not for you anyway.
And if there's no interest, that's okay too. You did your best at something and you should be proud of it.

As far as attracting attention, that's a different subject, but I would say that having enough detail so that someone can feel confident in making a character to fit into your world, being ready to answer questions about it, having some flexibility to include ideas that you might not have had before, and not being afraid to ask for help or constructive criticism. Sometimes all you need for something is a fresh set of eyes.
And speaking of eyes, visual design will go a long, long way towards grabbing attention. As the saying goes, we eat with our eyes first. I'm not saying that you need to go all out and get commissioned art and have CSS and all that on your group page, but having interesting, fitting, and appealing color choices will help to draw attention.

I hope that helps! And if you need a fresh set of eyes, feel free to PM me!
mythgirl29 Topic Starter

Thank you for responding. I will keep all of that in mind as I move forward. Thank you very much! :)

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Advice about making RP groups?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus