Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Soooo how does this work?

Hey, everyone! I'm new here and posted a Looking For Roleplay thing, but I'm a little confused. If I get replies on it at some point, will there automatically be a chat/group/whatever or do I need to create one? In other words, does the Looking For Roleplay thing serve as only a recruit function or can you make a chat room from there? Are there even chat rooms? If there are chat rooms, can you make one without using the Looking For Roleplay feature first?

Also, is there a limit on how many rp ads you can post at a time?

Also also, what exactly counts as "bumping?"

Thanks! I hope you're all having a great day.
pixl.Bee

So, the LFRP forum is basically a recruitment thing. (There's no limit to how many ads you can post... I don't think?) You post what you're looking for, and someone can comment saying they're interested. Once you've found your person/people to RP with, it's best to discuss which method you and they would prefer to use (public forum, private message, on-site group, or maybe something else like Discord etc). Once you decide on a method you can either start a PM for the RP, or a forum topic (in one of the IC forum sections), create an on-site group, or whatever else fits the method you and your partner(s) agree on. Hope that helps...
EDIT: Bumping is when you reply to a post with just something like "bump" or "beep" to push it to the top without adding anything meaningful.
raining_roses Topic Starter

Bright_Challenger wrote:
So, the LFRP forum is basically a recruitment thing. (There's no limit to how many ads you can post... I don't think?) You post what you're looking for, and someone can comment saying they're interested. Once you've found your person/people to RP with, it's best to discuss which method you and they would prefer to use (public forum, private message, on-site group, or maybe something else like Discord etc). Once you decide on a method you can either start a PM for the RP, or a forum topic (in one of the IC forum sections), create an on-site group, or whatever else fits the method you and your partner(s) agree on. Hope that helps...
EDIT: Bumping is when you reply to a post with just something like "bump" or "beep" to push it to the top without adding anything meaningful.

Okay, tysm!!! That helped a lot.

You are on: Forums » Help » Soooo how does this work?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus