Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » RP With New Charrie for Development? (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Hey guys~

I've had Jonquil for a while (she has an entire backstory on another forum in my own created setting) but I'd like to get her integrated to something here C:

Some quick facts, if you're too lazy to look:
- Female, 15-24 years old, depending on RP
- Witch, not evil, just a magic-user
- Looking for medium-magic fantasy RP...her previous RP was a human kingdom with a ban on magic, so she had to go into hiding
- I'm also up for any AUs, such as servant/slave (not for sex, though!), modern-ish, or even gender-bending! xD

I'm looking for a long-term partner, and we'll RP on the forums, unless you're more comfortable RPing in PMs.

Thanks!
Sage~
Ixen (played by Inkliest)

This character of mine could also use some development. Maybe they could have one awesome, character defining adventure?! I must warn you though, Ixen is a dragon. Now before you go "Oh... well there goes that" hear him out. This recreation of the dragon is the common humanoid kind that, although still dragons, they posses more human characteristics and fall into the other mythical races such as dwarves, elves, drow, etc. Think of them as lizardmen of sorts (except with wings, which I don't give flight capabilities in my short stories or RP's with the dragons).

Now I can do a non plot specific RP or follow a plot, I'm usually alright at sticking with it. If you would really like an adventure that is character defining, then I could take a little time and create an intricate plot line/adventure for them that is designed to help bring out your character's true colors.

So I'm really up for anything fantasy with Ixen, so just let me know what you think!
Jonquil Smithe (played by Sage-Thorne) Topic Starter

Ooohhh, sounds interesting! I'd like that C:

So Ixen is kind of like an Argonian from Skyrim? I want to be able to picture him correctly before we start anything, or else Jonquil's reaction and interaction with him wouldn't be as it would need to be //nod nod//

I guess you could make that comparison. I have the picture that inspired the creation of him and his people (I've already had to use him in a short story for school so he is a little developed).
Picture!
288vcdu.jpg
That is what inspired the dragons that my mind conjured up. The backs aren't quite the same with the spines, but the scales and human like qualities (like seeing the muscles) are there. Ixen is actually grey and black (Until I decide upon a color and pattern I really really like that is). So he has mostly grey scales but he has a sort of black pattern on his back side, almost like a stripe.

Which RP plot type were you interested in?

That's so epic //in awe//

I was thinking adventure, most definitely. I have to know, though... Is Ixen/his race human-like in culture, or are they feral, or even tribal-ish? If they're looked down upon (or are feared, or just completely misunderstood), and separated from humans, I was thinking that maybe Jonquil was exiled to their territory/country/kingdom because she was framed for some horrible crime, or something. I really want some action, and I'm good with violence/gore, or whatever. Just a quick thought~ What are your ideas?

I guess you could describe them as a bit more tribal-ish. Most dragons do live in small villages and each have a chieftain and a group of elders. The chieftain is a war time leader, and due to the peace in the area, there actually haven't really been that many chieftans for a while. That basically leaves the elders in charge of the villages. They do have a traditional economic system, so just like his parents and his parent's parents, Ixen is a hunter.

Now although small villages are common, there are some larger areas and such, plus several templish type areas where their wisest live. These templish structures are build on the side of the mountain range that their forest borders. Because Ixen's people are reclusive in nature they haven't really encountered all that many races, many hardly travel outside village limits (except Ixen, who is actually fairly curious and has a thirst for knowledge). The race they have encountered and were once at war with lives in another part of the forest, where it becomes denser and the wildlife changes (these panther-like creatures are also fairly tribal). No so far I haven't really had an RP that has introduced them to other characters, but in the short story they evolved in they did have a run in with humans that raided their homes. So really wether they know human's or not is up to what you would like to do with the RP.

Ixen is also perfectly capable of being in other lands. His race is heard of, just very rarely seen. His quest for knowledge is the excuse that lets him be anywhere for an RP. He aims to bring knowledge back to his people and eventually become one of the wise dragons that live in the mountains, who are visited by those who need assistance.

If neither a quickly created random realm, or Ixen's forest dominion have your interest, then I can tell you about The Hidden Valley that might spark some interest (I create settings and things like this as a past time, I've started filling a journal with doodles and ideas of magic items even).

Idea wise, I'm honestly not too sure. I usually don't actually prefer doing an RP without a plot or goal, because then you never know where to take it, and I've been working on being able to move RPs along so that they do not become stagnant. It could be something like Ixen is in a cave, thinking of what he has learned, when your character finds her way into it to take refuge as she hides from both the elements and the men chasing after her. After the two of them conversing in the cave, they decide to search for a lost library together. Ixen to find knowledge, your character to find something to pay off the men with. That was just a scenario I came up with as I typed it so it isn't that thought out.

I love action, perfectly fine with violence, gore, and awesomeness.

This is all too wonderful <33

Yes, the forest you described would be perfectly fine. Unless you prefer the Hidden Valley? I don't care either way. They just need a quest, and perhaps a quest to a library (maybe in a temple or something) would be fine. Of course, if I go with Jonquil's usual story line, she's exiled for being a magic-user (you know those humans... always so quick to judge unfamiliar things), so there would be no hope for her returning, really. Maybe she could be searching for a new country to move to, away from the humans, and the library would have information on that sort of thing? I don't know.

I'm guessing that since Ixen's people (do you just call them dragons?) are rare, Jonquil would be... not quite afraid, just uneasy and very cautious around him. Would that be a proper reaction, do you think? Does he speak like a human, as in his actual voice? Or does he have a slight hiss, or growl, to his voice, making it distinctive from other humanoid species? And also, are his eyes reptilian/snake-like, or human-like?

Forest it is then! It is much like other large forest, and dense. The only difference with is homeland forest is a few types of plants and such. They really aren't that important and can be overlooked for RP purposes (how boring would it be to just be taken on a tour of someone's imaginary land for a character that isn't yours :P, that is a place tucked away from the world and full of magic however ;) ). I really do just call them dragons, because that is what they are, just a different take on the classic. There really isn't alot of magic with the dragons so the term witch will go right over his head. He does speak common tongue but "witch" is not a word used in that area, he might have an idea of what a sorceress or mage is, certainly not a wizard or warlock.

They talk normally, without hissing and such. They might have a different tone of voice, as many do even in real life, but not much else. Reaction to him all depends on what the character had encountered before. He does have more stereotypical dragon-like eyes, but I honestly think they look rather human like, the scales that aren't covered up that much due to them not needing to wear alot of clothing (scales are tougher than skin). What sort of races and/or creatures has your character encountered before?

Don't hesitate to describe it to me! I've put plenty of my RP partners in other forums through explaining my made-up world (where Jonquil is from, of course), so I will be happy to read anything you think I should know to make the RP as realistic as possible! (Realistic being relative, seeing as we're having magic...xD)

Not many, to be quite honest. The area she grew up in was rather secluded. I doubt she would have even seen elves or dwarves. She knows about them, of course, along with the other humanoid races, but she has never been exposed to another culture, so it will be a learning experience for her c:

Then I guess it would be a good spot for character development! It really does depend on the character how they would react. If they have heard of them and have met many other races before then it wont really be more than an intrigued look usually. Some could just flip and run because a scale covered beast is walking towards them (maybe hurt Ixen's feelings a tad too!)

Aww, poor Ixen! xD I think this will work amazingly x3

So do we need to work anything else out, or are we ready to go?

Hmm, I think we are ready, although I need to turn in for the night soon (it's past midnight here). We are going with the library idea? Do you want to continue the RP to finding the land int he world once we find it in the library? And do you like use of magical items?

It's past one where I am x3

Library, yup! I think that it could continue, should Ixen decide to go with Jonquilm yup~ and yes, I like magical items! What kind of things did you have in mind?

Magical item wise?

Yeah~

Well anything really. I was just curious because they were eventually going to be at a library and figured an ancient magic library for ancient magic stuff might have ancient magic stuff

Ah xD Well I always use magical items, so I didn't know if you had something specific in mind that people don't usually use? Haha~ Do people not like magic? Ah well~

So either tonight (or tomorrow) could you start? I'd like to see exactly who you'll describe the setting before I try to shape it myself x3

Sure, where exactly are they meeting? On the border of the lands? Deeper into the forest, etc. And nah I didn't really have any in mind I was just curious, I mean if you want something not normally thought of I probably have it, but unless you'd actually like it in the RP I'll just leave them out.

I don't really care... I tend to use magical stuff when the need arises, it's part of the storyline, etc~

How about the classic they're chasing her (storming, of course, for drama xD), and she stumbles into his home (did you say something about a cave earlier?) to escape her pursuers and the rain. //nod nod//

Yeah a cave where he was spending the night :P Ixen lives in a hut in his village. So we'll go with the cave/runaway thingy. Awesome! Anything else? If not I'll get to work weaving an introduction.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » RP With New Charrie for Development? (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus