Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Trick or Treat: The Longtail Tavern

Reman Longtail (played by RemanLongtail) Topic Starter

Reman chuckled at Hanley. "Yes, krakens are frightening creatures," he said to her. "But it sounds like you had an easier time with that one than I did. I mean, when it first attacked our ship, it knocked me out so quickly I didn't even realize what had hit us! But we all survived in the end, and that's the most important part, I'd say."

When Lith asked for something warm to drink, Reman thought for a moment. "That's a good question," he said to Hanley. The canine wasn't sure if this elf was old enough to drink alcohol, but he had a few alternatives on hand. "Well, we've got some options. I can get you some hot cocoa, for instance," he said. "Or I can make you some hot spiced cider instead. It wouldn't have any alcohol in it. What would you prefer?

"Don't worry about payment tonight, by the way," he added. "It is Halloween, after all. Though if you really want, I could potentially use some help cleaning up after the party tonight."

Despite what Lith might have thought he'd seen, there were no meat pies on offer on this occasion. This was a night for sweets and candies, or so Reman had figured when he'd been setting everything up.
Lith (played by Angelus-Relator)

"Hot cocoa?" Lith wheezed, looking at the pies.again . He knew what hot cocoa was, his father's legitimate son and daughters had the drink all the time, but he himself was never allowed.

He noticed one pie had what looked like nuts on it. The elf couldn't help but tilt his.head in confusion as he stared at it.
Scylla Imbrie (played anonymously)

Scylla had stood up to get herself a second slice of pie, when she noticed Lith staring. Quirking a pale eyebrow, she wordlessly held out her slice of pecan pie toward Lith.

Blinking, the elf lowered his head, muttering a wheezy appology. He didn't intend of taking what was claimed. It wasn't his place after all.

Turning away from the other being, he stared at the fire, not wanting to be a bother. Lith didn't want to be punished for it either.
Scylla Imbrie (played anonymously)

Scylla's expression darkened briefly as she recognized something in the elf. She nodded to herself, grimly, when the elf turned away. Striding with purpose now - despite the terribly restricted tiny steps she had to make in her ridiculous mermaid skirt - she approached the poor creature, placed the slice of pie on the floor next to him, and then raised her hands in a gesture of relinquishment or surrender. She kept them raised as she strode out the door and back into the night, signaling that she was giving up any claim on the slice unequivocally.

Reman nodded at Lith. "Hot cocoa it is," he said to the elf, before getting up to start heating some up. Before he was finished, though, he spotted Scylla getting up to leave, setting down her plate of pie next to Lith. "Ah, good night," the canine said as she slipped through the doors. "And Happy Halloween."

After giving the hot cocoa a moment to cool down so that it wouldn't burn Lith's mouth, Reman wandered around the bar to hand the mug to the elf. "Here you go," he said. "You look like you need this tonight." He got the impression that Lith felt he was in trouble, but Reman wasn't immediately sure why that might be. For the moment, though, the wolf would return to his place behind the bar. The evening was drawing towards an end. Soon it would be time to start closing things up, though not while the other guests were still enjoying themselves, of course.
Hanley (played anonymously)

Hanley yaaawned, stretched, and let out a small burp.
"Excuse me!" She said, chuckling. "I suppose I'd better be heading out soon. It was good to see you, though. And that's good rum- tastes almost just like it smells. Good for alcoholic types of beverages." She smiled, finished off her pie, and began to sort out her purse and a tip.

The elf blinked silently as watched as the female left. Seeing the wolf return, he gratefully took the hot cocoa. He bowed his head in thanks before sniffing it. With slow sips, he drank the liquid, purring quietly at the taste.

He would also eat the pie, fingers shaking as they held the fork. Lith soon lost focus on the other beings around him as he ate his "meal."
Hanley (played anonymously)

Hanley stood, set her tip on the counter, and bid goodbye to Reman.
"Thanks for everything. Oh, and by the way, there's a pretty good hotel with rooms and baths down a couple of streets that way-" she jerked her head in a direction toward the wall "-so the uh, the little guy might be comfortable there if you can't think of anywhere else. Take care, alright? Don't get in too many tangles with too many krakens." She saluted, winked, smiled and scooped her bag off the chair and over her shoulder, rabbit ears swaying, as she said, "Goodnight, now. Happy Halloween, good bye..."
Walking out with her bag over her shoulder, she waved and nodded, and smiled a little sadly at the fellow hunkered over his pie and drinks. "Universe bless you," she murmered, "goodnight."
She left the tavern, full of thoughts and feelings and rum and pie.

Reman gave Hanley a smile as she started to leave and set a tip on the bar. "Much appreciated," the canine said. "Do come back again. I have a feeling I might be sticking around for a while this time. Happy Halloween."

As the remaining guests started making their exits, Reman would start to tidy things up, putting out the candles and cleaning up the messes that had been left behind. He'd leave Lith to munch on his slice of pie, though, as he seemed to be enjoying it and Reman didn't want to hurry the elf along too much.

"Are you going to be alright out there?" Reman asked. "If you're not up to heading to the hotel, I could let you borrow one of the guest rooms upstairs tonight. It is cold outside, after all."

"Been running. Know not where I am. Was cast to below." Lith stammered as he stood up, placing the empty plate and cup on the counter as best as he can .

He looked about the room, trying to see if there was something he could do. He wanted to repay the male if possible.

"Well, maybe in the morning you can get your bearings and figure out exactly where you are?" Reman asked Lith. "Like I said, if you really want to pay me back, you can help me tidy up the tavern once all the guests are gone. But really, don't worry too much about it. Consider everything to be on the house tonight. This is Halloween, after all. It's a time to enjoy yourself and have some fun. Okay?"

With that said, the canine would get back to work winding things down for the night, wishing the remaining guests a happy Halloween as they made their exits, one by one.

((Thanks to everyone who joined in! Happy Halloween!))

The elf would do his best to help clean, then he took the offer of a guest room.

He was too tired to do anything traveling anyways.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Trick or Treat: The Longtail Tavern

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus