Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Hello everyone New to RP Repository

hey everyone im new to this site but not to rp. I must admit i havent really roleplayed in a couple years but from watching various anime and reading some old rp's that me and some other people wrote i feel like i should get back into it. im willing to rp about almost anything and think it would benefit my writing and help let loose some creative build up i been keeping back.im willing to do forum rps or pm rps though im stil not a hundred percent sure how this site fully works. ~_~ and im free to rp though i only have one character =_= and i apologize but still i hope to hear from you all soon
Hello and good morning, kaotic1! Welcome to the site! I'd have to say, you're right on track with the idea that getting back into rp will help your writing--as they say, practice makes perfect!

I see you mentioned you're not fully familiar with the RPR just yet; are there any questions or concerns we can help answer and address for you?
kaotic1 Topic Starter

@Copper_Dragon- thank you for the warm welcome. As for the questions and unfamiliarity of the website, sloly but surely they are being answered as i explore the sitre more. Game tags are still a mystery to me and some of the character warnings are a bit confusing...
You're quite welcome, and I'm glad to hear you're figuring things out as you go along. :3

What's confusing you about the game tags and character warnings though, if I may ask? I'd be more than happy to answer-- I just tend to ramble, so I'd like to address the points you need addressed rather than just type at length about everything. <3
kaotic1 Topic Starter

haha that's not a bad thing to have passion for writing and wanting to spread it the rpr haha but as far as the game tags I don't understand what I should put in the game tag portion of my characters profile.
Ah, yes, but sometimes points get lost in the aimless word-sprew of my fingers. And brain.

Anyway, the game tags widget is just to show other players game games or groups your character(s) participate in. You've probably already found the display widget for it (which shows it on the sheet directly), but games can be added to it through joining a group on the RPR itself or adding a game in your character's settings, like so.

For the two tags Taunter has, the first (Pokemon RP Group) is a group here on the site-- the tag for it was automatically added when my character was accepted into it. The second, Furcadia, had to be added manually by typing in the game's name and URL in their respective sections.

What you put in depends on where you play your character, of course! Even if you play somewhere that doesn't have a URL, like a friend's campaign setting, you could always put the name of the campaign and hit "Add game", and it'll show up regardless in your game tags.
kaotic1 Topic Starter

haha yes you do make a good point there.

As far as the answer to my question that you have jus provided me with, thank you. I think I grasp the concept now. Seeing how you gave an easy to follow description and example help a lot. haha
*thumbs up* You're welcome, again! I'm a pretty visual learner myself, so going straight to the source made more sense to me than going on for a few paragraphs in wordy instruction. :D Glad it helped you out!
Welcome to RPR kaotic1! :) I hope that you're having a lot of fun here! Everyone here is really friendly so I'm sure you'll have tons of new friends in no time! :)

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Hello everyone New to RP Repository

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus