Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Pocky!

Hello, everyone! Today is Pocky Day. That's because it's November 11! Do you know what 11/11 looks like? It looks like... A bunch of Pocky! :D

For anyone who doesn't know, Pocky is a brand name referring to a stick of cookie or biscuit which has been coated partially in chocolate coating. The chocolate coating was the original flavor, I believe, but there have since been other candy coatings in flavors such as Strawberry, Banana, Vanilla, Hazelnut, Coconut, Matcha green tea, and all sorts of others. There are event Pocky. There are holiday Pocky. There are seasonal Pocky. Oh, and also there are different regional Pocky like Grape, Kobe Wine, and Yubari Melon. Ah, did I mention it's from Japan? I don't think I did. Well, oops! It is!

There are also different sizes, different textures, different colors, different distributions of "Pocky Stick" to "Cream". There's apparently even one that has fortunes on the inside!
In the paper sense. Not, necessarily, the actual prophetic sense. But who knows? :P

The company that makes Pocky, Glico, did have a scandal several years ago wherein some of their product was found to have melamine in it...? But they didn't offer any comment. :) So. Maybe avoid the Pocky Men's Coffee Cream flavor? I don't know. Uh. Anyway, moving on! ^^"'
There are Pocky Midi, which are smaller Pocky with lots of the cream stuff on them, and Pocky that have a chocolate stick. And there are Pocky that are in multiple flavors on one box, which is fun, maybe. And there are Giant Pocky, which are seriously large, and Pocky G, which are said to be hard and rich. There was also Pocky Cake! It looks like a Pocky, sort of. According to wikipedia. I can't find anything about it with a photo. Oh well!

There's marble Pocky, filled Pocky, Pocky with little chunks of cookies in the cream, Pocky with Peanuts, I think? Why did I capitalize Peanuts? Oh well.
There's also Pretz! It's like a pretzel stick, sort of. It's basically like Pocky but without the cream! Crispy-tasty. And they have flavors like salad, tomato, and I think a cheese flavor. They're pretty good. I've had some.

Oh, and if you didn't know about Pocky-kissing, and the Pocky game.... Well, you're in for a treat.

f5-%E5%9B%9B-pocky-game-win-d-~nuetella-3718237.png
nindyaru

I love Pocky too, especially that almond crush flavor 🤤

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Pocky!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus