Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » The Dragon Returns (again!)

Hey gang! I decided to make one public posting here instead of going to all my haunts and doing singular posts there (since all of my groups are around here anyway)

I am back! I took a semi-unannounced vacation last Thursday for Dallas and just rolled back into town about an hour ago. It was my paternal grandparents' 50th anniversary (which was actually on the 13th, but we were trying to avoid the throngs of OSU/SMU rivalry fans that weekend).

So here I am! My parents and I had a fun time seeing everyone again, and we stuffed our faces at the fair and at fancy steakhouses. I'm tired, and my week isn't even up yet because I'm working until this coming Thursday, when we leave yet again until Sunday for a wedding. Busy dragons are busy!

But I missed everyone, and I hope y'all had a fine and fantastic weekend like I did! <3
What? Dallas? And you didn't come say hi? XD Glad you had fun Copper! <3
Copper_Dragon Topic Starter

Dear lordy Loki even if I'd remembered I don't think I'd have a chance to drop by! I'm sorry! We were so darn busy (when we weren't recovering from the fun and food)

But thank you! I enjoyed it greatly. <3 Now I'm home again, pretending I unpacked (i actually stuffed it in the closet and plan to do that tomorrow morning) As we say, a grand time was had by all! Four generations of the Williams clan (which is huge by itself, let alone if we had all of us together), hittin' up the city. It was great. :D If I'm sane enough tomorrow to type in proper English (I'm typoing all over and having to correct myself), I'll lay out what-all we did. Great sight-seeing stuff.
Awesome :D I live here and I didn't even go to the fair this year, how sad is that? XD Did you guys to to the Dallas World Aquarium? That's the one touristy place I've been, it's really awesome :)

Aaaw! >: ANd no, we didn't have time (or were too tired), but one of my nieces, myself, an uncle, and my grandmother went to the Dealey Plaza & the 6th Floor Museum nearby-- we were staying at the Adolphus Hotel. Man-o-man that was fun. <3

I had a room to myself, Loki! It was great~.
:D I always get really excited about staying in a hotel room XD especially if I get it all to myself! I haven't been to Dealey Plaza...I keep meaning to go. I hear it's actually a pretty cool museum :)

You should go. It was pretty fun.

Pro-tip: if memory serves, a block down from the old courthouse (now called The Old Red Museum, I believe) and across the street from the entrance of the actual 6th Floor Museum is a building with a gift shop in its store. You can get tickets from there AND, at least for now, you can get a couple for $2 off from the Old Red Museum.

We were stoked to have such luck. :D Kept us from going through the long ticket line in the actual 6th Floor building itself.
Oh thanks! :D I'll keep that in mind. I'd probably just end up taking the train down, so walking wouldn't be a problem :D

The Dart? :D We rode that to the park (and went through many graffiti-covered places).
Yes! :) It's cheaper than driving and then finding parking. Driving in Dallas is a nightmare with all the one way streets XD

Tell me about it. I was born in Dallas due to my approaching medical conditions, so my parents are more than familiar with driving in the city, but never the less they've put in some new stuff since we've been gone. We miiiight've gotten a little lost once or twice.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » The Dragon Returns (again!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus