Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » (。◕▽◕)っ Hiya

I have no idea what I should say, but I've been in a slump lately, haven't been able to find any RPs that I enjoy and I would like to join your community~! I'm not use to creating entire profiles for my characters, but I suppose that it wouldn't be hard to give it a shot.

I'm an RPer that loves structure [... Just paragraphs and grammar and all that jazz.] I've really just been looking for something interesting to RP. So far, I've been looking for RPs that are of genres that I'm not use to. I'm rather flexible, and I'll try anything at least once, maybe twice so that I get variety over other characters and people or whatever.

But anyway, if you have any pointers, or are just looking for RPers to join your stuff, just shoot me a message or a response here.

(。◕▽◕)っ Bye~!
Sanne Moderator

Hi Mayiamaru! Welcome to RPR! :)

I'm sorry to hear you've been in a slump, but I hope you'll find a pick-me-up around here. :) I saw you posted in Looking for RP already, that's a great place to get started!

We also have a lovely Random Character button on the Characters page. If you click it you see a random character! Click it as often as you like, and feel free to PM anyone who catches your interest. :)
Mayiamaru Topic Starter

Sanne wrote:
Hi Mayiamaru! Welcome to RPR! :)

I'm sorry to hear you've been in a slump, but I hope you'll find a pick-me-up around here. :) I saw you posted in Looking for RP already, that's a great place to get started!

We also have a lovely Random Character button on the Characters page. If you click it you see a random character! Click it as often as you like, and feel free to PM anyone who catches your interest. :)
Thanks for such a warm welcome (。◕▽◕) I'm hoping that with the lack of restrictions around here, I'll be able to give something new a try~
Sanne Moderator

Mayiamaru wrote:
Thanks for such a warm welcome (。◕▽◕) I'm hoping that with the lack of restrictions around here, I'll be able to give something new a try~

Yay! What sort of restrictions did you run into before you got here?
Mayiamaru Topic Starter

Sanne wrote:
Yay! What sort of restrictions did you run into before you got here?
No drugs, no course language. Those were the biggest ones. If you were to RP something like say, adults who are having a rough time in the real world, most of them would either smoke or turn to drugs, so to have a character like that seems natural. However, on one of the forums I was on before didn't allow the mention of drugs [so a character that smokes is not allowed either.] It was annoying.

I found other forums, but one kind of died. Couldn't find a lot of good writers that could post at least once a week. I mean, I still have RPs going over there, but posts are months apart. The others just had... creative differences.
Sanne Moderator

That sure is annoying!!

We have semi-restrictions around here, in that the public boards are always PG-13 - too much violence, drugs, specific language and sex is a no-go in the public areas. We have some pretty detailed rating guidelines on this!

Howeverrrr, we have groups where players can do whatever they like (as long as it's a properly tagged group for the content that it has), and of course private messages. :) As long as you're legal and not doing illegal things with your RP partners (underage sexual roleplay is against the law) then groups are pretty much fair game!

You should be able to find a whole lot of people who post regularly around here too. :)
Mayiamaru Topic Starter

Sanne wrote:
That sure is annoying!!

We have semi-restrictions around here, in that the public boards are always PG-13 - too much violence, drugs, specific language and sex is a no-go in the public areas. We have some pretty detailed rating guidelines on this!

Howeverrrr, we have groups where players can do whatever they like (as long as it's a properly tagged group for the content that it has), and of course private messages. :) As long as you're legal and not doing illegal things with your RP partners (underage sexual roleplay is against the law) then groups are pretty much fair game!

You should be able to find a whole lot of people who post regularly around here too. :)
Yeah, I've seen. The farthest that I've ever gone is innuendo, gore that goes to the point of exposing bones, and some of my characters swear like sailors (。>ω<) I'm pretty use to tagging, so that shouldn't be a problem. Just need someone to RP with :3 [I'm hoping to set up a public RP, the one you saw posted in the Looking for RPers thing. Maybe even a few good 1x1s] Though, I find that navigating the site is a little harder than I expected it to be for a forum X3 I'm getting use to it, though~
Welcome to RPR Mayiamaru! :) I hope that you're finding the type of RP you like! If you get stuck navigating don't hesitate to ask for help. I remember being really confused when I first got here, but the more I used it the easier it became <3
Mayiamaru Topic Starter

Loki wrote:
Welcome to RPR Mayiamaru! :) I hope that you're finding the type of RP you like! If you get stuck navigating don't hesitate to ask for help. I remember being really confused when I first got here, but the more I used it the easier it became <3
D'aww~! Thank you :3 So far, I've been able to get use to it pretty quickly. So yah~! (。◕▽◕)っ Navigation is covered! Just have to find more partners. ALL THE PARTNERS~!

You are on: Forums » Introductions » (。◕▽◕)っ Hiya

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus