Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Open Cybertech Clinic Oneshots: Walk-ins (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

From the dark streets of a gritty near-future dystopia to the open wastes of high-tech post-apocalyptic hellscapes, all the way out to bright, glimmering futures or back to lands of clicking clockwork and hissing steam valves, in any place where people replace parts of their bodies with steel, chrome, titanium, ceramic, polymer, glass, or brass, at some point someone is going to need a cyber-clinic.

It doesn't matter if you're just making sure that your cyberlegs aren't starting to show fatigue, if you're noticing that your spurs aren't quite retracting all the way, if you need to upgrade your deck for a job, or if you're coming in to get your first upgrades, a good clinic is able to help make sure you're operating well beyond your natural limits.

So this is (hopefully) going to be your cyberclinic here on RPR!

I'm hoping on running an ongoing series of short, one-off games where one of your (augmented) characters comes in for whatever work they need done! Types of appointments are as follows:

-Tune-up: Diagnostics, maintenance, and attempts to get you interested in upgrades, add-ons, and installations.
-Repair: After a fight, industrial accident, or "industrial accident," you'll need more than a quick tune up. Come in, talk about your damage, and we'll fix you up!
-Upgrades: Opening up your ware, but not your body, to swap out old parts for new parts, install new features, or just make sure your chrome is in vogue for the upcoming season.
-Installation/extraction: Opening you up to either completely replace an augmentation or install something completely new! Tuning, calibration, and other post-installation check is included, of course.
-Consultation: You don't want to get work done right now, but want to see what looks good.
-Barter: You're looking to sell salvaged/recovered/stolen augs, parts, and tech, or are looking to buy parts for your own work.
-Emergency: Sometimes it's not just a walk in repair job after you tangle with corp-sec or more prepared gangers. Pulling out over-loaded ware, quickly replacing what needs replacing, and getting you at least walking, or making sure you don't mix too much blood and oil is always available. And free, though a good word and/or commitment to later work is always appreciated.
-General medical: Sometimes, auged or no, you just need an annual physical or to get someone to check on that weird rash. A good cyberdoc can do it all!

(Note, please don't come to me looking for actual irl medical help, please see an actual healthcare provider. I really hope I didn't need to say that, but it's good to be sure.)

Game details:

-Writing should be in paragraph form, 2-5 per post, each of 3-6 sentences, though more isn't bad, and sometimes a bit less is fine too.
-I will most likely be running one (1) game at a time, with one (1) other player unless two people who are friends really wanna do stuff together or something. Can be fun!
-The games will be short and will have a definite end. It's an appointment/walk-in at a street clinic.
-If you really don't like descriptions of surgeries or things like that, don't join in on this one. I'm not going to get super detailed, but if your character is getting an arm replaced, yeah, it's getting cut off.
-This will probably work best for characters who have at least one canon of being augmented, but it isn't mandatory.
-This will only work in a setting where cybernetic-like prosthesis are available to at least some people who aren't rich enough to afford to just hire a surgeon. The most obvious is cyberpunk settings such as Cyberpunk's Night City or the Sixth World, home to Shadowrun.
-This particular clinic may or may not use magic.
-Your character's prior knowledge or interactions with the clinic can be decided on at the beginning of the game
-Note that this isn't somewhere most people would want to go for a normal checkup or anything. It's expensive compared to conventional healthcare, it's apparently up to sanitation standards, but doesn't feel it sometimes, and is otherwise a hole-in-the-wall mod-shop meant for people with more... complex needs. That said, a non-augmented would be welcome if they needed to, say, get treatment for something on the down-low.

Key Characters:

The Professor: And elderly engineer and surgeon who acts as the face of the clinic, as well as doing most of the consulting and surgery. He's a friendly guy who knows his stuff. Species and presence of magic or augmentation may vary by game, character page soon to be in progress!

Victi-Aurora Silverfur: A wandering vulpine sorceress who sometimes works part-time at the clinic to get exotic parts for her tinkering projects and other interests. Mostly works in the back refurbishing and repairing augs and parts and putting upgrade and installation packages together. She may show up to do some of the work on the tech itself, but she's definitely not a doctor.

The Guy At The Front Desk: He's a mix between a receptionist, a bouncer, and the consultations guy. Name and tinted eyeware may vary by setting.

Your character!: What are they waiting for? Book their appointment today!

If you have any questions or need for clarification, please ask below! If you're ready to make your booking or walk on in, send me a DM with the subject line "What's up, Doc?" So that I know you read this. ~v^ Let's have some fun with this! I'll keep an updated list of patients and things in this post, too.
Magic 30%
Some magic. Few can use it, but most of the players probably won't have it. Magical characters will likely believe that they are all alone.
Technology 70%
Further future, perhaps visit mars or upload your brain
Combat 00%
No combat. If problems arise, players may be expected to solve it without resorting to violence.
Romance 00%
No romance at all will be included in this plot, period.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, one-off scene. Will be played one-on-one.

Avitrathephoenix Topic Starter

Back in this mood, so re-opening it. Let's get you patched up, tuned up, and wired up!
Avitrathephoenix Topic Starter

This mood never leaves. @v@ Bumping!

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Open Cybertech Clinic Oneshots: Walk-ins (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus