Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Female Tarzan looking to be discovered (Closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Ghooa (played by Ms_Draca)

(The setting is semi-realistic fantasy in the vain of Tarzan and the Jungle Book minus the talking animals and with a bit more realistic feral human behavior).
The island, called Indomer(in-dough-mare) which is home to zebra, dwarf elephants(averaging 2-3 feet at shoulder), peacocks, tigers, ostriches, yellow wolves(like dingos), various small rodents, butterflies, parrots and other tropical birds.

The Island is currently uninhibited except for a recent outpost on the Eastern side where a research base was set up a few years ago. Scientist presently hypothesize that the island is the a fragment from a larger land mass that once included India, Africa and South America in the distant past due to the mix of wildlife living on the island for so many centuries while it was unknown to the outside world.

In the past the island was inhabited but trade with the outside world brought disease to the otherwise isolated people and many died in those early days. Those that the plagues did not kill were hunted down by the outsiders and either killed or sold into slavery. The island has been absent of humans from the mid 1800s until the late 1990s when the island was first rediscovered.

The old trading outpost is now a research camp with the main focus being on studying the remains of the old villages and the unique wildlife. Some of the less creditable of the team have reported seeing a ghost like figure in the jungle from time to time. Theories as what it was vary from it being a hallucination in some cases from dehydration or heat stroke to being a yet unknown species of some sort, unique to the island.

A small team was sent to try and track down the creature and find out if it really exists.

----

G'oooo'h has been raised by dwarf elephants on the western side of the island her whole life. Being feral she does not wear clothes. The concept of wearing clothes would have to taught to her should her lack of them be an issue. Also under all the dirt she's blonde should that come up early on.

I'm looking for a small group or one person that can play a group of scientists that discover the feral girl. She is an adult but under fed and for obvious reasons animal like and unable to speak English or any other human language. While she can communicate with her elephant family I'd much rather the group try to civilize her than learn to speak 'elephant'. I'm leaning more on the original Tarzan book(the first one), Kipling's Mowgli, real accounts of real people 'raised' by animals(not too heavily, just for some of her behavior) and not so much on Disney and their imitations versions of the old stories.

I would like a bit more realism than is normal for this kind of story but it will still be fantasy because the reality of a woman raised by elephants of any size would be very depressing. So I'm not going to be too strict with realism.

----

Sorry if I'm rambling. I've been sick for about two weeks now, but I'm *crosses fingers* finally on the mend. I hope this is coherent.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Female Tarzan looking to be discovered (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus