Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » I made a server to help small artists and writers

Hello! I recently made a new discord server dedicated to artists and aspiring artists. The point of the server is to help support commission artists gain more customers, but also to help aspiring artists find new ways to come into their own art forms! In this server, you can talk to experienced artists and hear their stories and get tips from them. You can talk to commission artists and decide on amazing commissions. And I even added ways for anyone with any interest in writing, photography, graphic or digital design to find a great place to talk about their passions!

Of the few members in the server, all of the ones so far are from RPR, however I do plan on expanding the platform to include artists from everywhere.
If you're an artist, writer, or musician, this is a great place to self promote, and get others interested in you, and if you're someone who hopes to be an amazing artist one day, there will be plenty of knowledge and experience right at your fingertips. It's my goal to make everyone have a safe place where they can learn more about themselves and their talents, while bettering their abilities.

If you've got questions, feel free to ask!

Here's the link to the server! https://discord.gg/g8HQHNABd6
Arbutus

Sounds interesting, I'm glad you support aspiring artists! I'd join it, but I've got a question. Is NSFW/heavy gore allowed on any channels there? I need to know, as I stay away from all servers that have or will be having NSFW channels or channels that might be used for gore fetish. :(
_Apollo_ Topic Starter

There is an NSFW channel, but it is heavily monitored and has its own set of rules forbidding gore, SA, pictures, SH, and violent fetishes. Heavy gore or anything that can incite violence or something triggering to certain people is forbidden. Thank you for your question!
Arbutus

One more, if it's not a problem. ^^; Is NSFW very common there? I once joined a quite new art server and it quickly developed into a kind of server that is full of dirty jokes, and people mostly posting art on NSFW channels, and I had to leave because things got really uncomfortable.
Also, I'm glad I've finally found a server that forbids SA, some servers I tried to join sadly just said that "it's just art, get over it"
_Apollo_ Topic Starter

NSFW (sexual) is not very common. It's still a new server so there isn't much going on as is, but most of the art there is SFW. Any art portraying SA is forbidden, as is any art portraying pedophilia, necrophilia, and similar things. There IS a gore channel, but you need a VERY specific role to be able to access it in any way shape or form, and even that channel has very very strict rules that result in a ban if they've been broken. Every server except for the two specific channels will NOT permit anything NSFW. If something NSFW is posted in the non-specified channels, it is instantly deleted, and the person is warned. If they do it again, they're banned. I intend for my server to be a safe place. The ONLY reason I have the NSFW and Gore channels is because some people have OC's that are based off of body horror, or who are killers. And there are a few artists who specialize in NSFW scenes, so it would be unfair of me to disallow that in every single channel.
The gore channel cannot be accessed without specific roles that ONLY the mods or myself can hand out.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » I made a server to help small artists and writers

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus