Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Free Reference Poses for Artists

Luscinioide

cross posting cos this stuff is 👌mad good and 90% of us are broke

So much like every other aspiring artist, 90% of my art process is "spend decades searching google images for the perfect stock image that is free to use but also close to what I'm looking for." And if you're familiar with that, you know it sucks ass and takes way too long, especially considering that half the images are heavily watermarked, low resolution, or just garbage in general. But referencing is a very important part of art.

SO. I found this place called reference.pictures and it's amazing. Tons of stuff to pick from, and while a big portion of their stock images are bundles (which are totally worth the price coming from someone who's bought a lot of them), they do have a good amount of free samples. They're free to use, no accreditation/attribution/whatever required. That means you can even use them for edits! Super useful if you're someone like me that needs quality refs to work from. They've even got packs for just hands, feet, expressions, and portraits. Lots of body and racial diversity. A lot of the stuff is about $5 for a ton of HD pics. These aren't from big companies or whatever, either. You're supporting individuals who are taking their time to make these references themselves. :D

Go hog wild.

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Free Reference Poses for Artists

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus