Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » New Marvel OC Character Ideas

Hey, i was planning on making a marvel original character, and i already have some ideas. They going to be a Hydra experiment, and an amalgamation of other hero, like Cap’s super soldier serum, Winter Soldier’s Vibranium Arm, and Wolverines Adamantium Skeleton. He/she was created by Hydra to be the ultimate weapon capable of defeating the worlds strongest hero’s. He also has a slightly weaker version of Wanda’s(Scarlet Witch) magic, and is only able to use it for magic bolts, shields, and and shockwaves, and subtle mind magic with training. Any other ides, please let me know! And they are going to be a genetic clone of either Bucky Barnes, or Black Widow.
Shadeslayer45

well correct me if im wrong but the only reason adamantium was applied to wolverine was due to his healing factor otherwise without that they may die
SoulHeart57 Topic Starter

They applied it when the clone was forming. Or when he wasn’t yet like, awakened or alive yet.

Or i could have him have wolverine’s healing factor as well.
Shadeslayer45

personally i'd do that if you really wanted the adamantium skeleton as forming makes it sounds less like a clone and more like he was a robot being built which would make him composed of a adamantium endoskeleton as opposed to a skeleton
Shadeslayer45

also on the topic of wanda's magic are you going off comic wanda or MCU wanda because they are two different versions of the power in the comics she was born with the power as a mutant in the movies she got it from exposure to the mind stone
Well Bullseye also has an Adamantium skeleton and he doesn’t have a healing factor.

I think instead they should be made out of Antarctic vibranium (anti-metal) where their punches alone can break down most metals, like Adamantium.
They could be like a Hydra-Red Room creation where they are designed, trained and equipped to be the perfect unit, devastating magic with the skill and strength of even the most experienced martial artists.
My thinking is that if you're going to create a new, entirely original, character you should consider not shopping the powers of already existing characters.

Edit: This isn't intended as criticism. It's the same advice I have to my old marvel tabletop role playing game players years ago.

Start with something that interests you or a spontaneous idea. Then build up the character around that concept. That way the character is uniquely yours.

For example, I created a lady mutant with Yakuza ties. Her power was to grow her razor sharp fingernails and had some regenerative abilities. Functionally she was very similar to Wolverine Marrow but nobody noticed or cared since her concept was different.

All that from thinking about hair and fingernails growing and good that might be turned into a mutant power.

Say you're into astronomy, why not create a guy all about having objects orbiting himself? He could alter their orbits to block incoming attacks and release them at opponents to attack them.

The possibilities are endless.

The problem is, im not good at creating powers, i have some ideas, but i more find some, and modify them to my needs. Besides, the reason he/she has powers of others it that they were made to be able to fight super hero’s with strong powers, whether with resistance or a version of their own power. And im going by MCU Wanda. Also, RageMachine, can you explain more on the Anti-Metal? The Hydra project itself is called “Project Terminator” because they’re designed to kill hero’s. And now that you mention it, perhaps they aren’t a complete clone, but maybe they’re just… how do i explain this, like, a genetic experiment… like M.O.D.O.C maybe?

Also, I’ve decided the gender will be Female, coz, girl power, ya know?

So, based on your suggestions, my ideas so far are, Hydra managed to get a hold of of various things, including some DNA from Black Widow, Captain America, Wolverine, and the mind stone, to give her a weaker version of Wanda’s magic. They starting contracting a living human organism, giving it various abilities to combat hero’s, including Wolverine’s Adamantuim Skeleton and healing factor, the Super Soldier Serum, a replica of the Winter Soldier’s arm, and a weaker version of Wanda’s magic, and with it she can fire Magic bolts, Magic Shields, Shockwaves, Mind magic like insubstantial illusions, and invading minds, and telekinesis(is that how she uses her magic to move things?).
Shadeslayer45

so basically a hydra version of the super solider program in a sense?

Kinda… like, a Super-Super-Soldier…. But Hydra style.
Shadeslayer45

i see well its an interesting idea

Thanks! They eventually meet Captain America, and Bucky, who eventually manage to make Project Terminator question herself and what she’s doing, and defy her makers and go to the avengers for help. And more training to use her powers even better.
Shadeslayer45

i mean you do you for your character ima go throw shade waker off a cliff

Please don’t throw shade off a cliff. What do you think of the name Jessica Romanov(she considers Black Widow her sister.)
Shadeslayer45

hmm ineresting choice of name i don't see anything wrong with it

Ok, great! I’ll start making them!
Shadeslayer45

ight have fun with that

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » New Marvel OC Character Ideas

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus