Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Best Lasko fans to use in a large living space?

Hello everyone, hope you’re all having an amazing weekend! I’ve been wondering this question...And while I pondered on either asking this question on Reddit, or Quora...I figured why not ask the community of RPR?

So here’s the thing, I live in an apartment and I’m actually pretty close to the sun, the Spring/soon-to-be-Summer heat really beats down on this building, and the thermostat has a hard time keeping things cool in here as a result (last night it was 79 degrees even though it was 9 PM!)

I’ve had fans all my life. I used them to sleep ever since I was a child, but only a few years ago I upgraded from a typical box fan to a shrouded metal Lasko fan, which puts out much better air flow.

A Lasko Wind Machine has been the main fan of the living room, but I’ve been wondering....Is there a fan better to be used for a large space than a Wind Machine? Or is the Wind Machine the best choice? I noticed that the metal Lasko shroud fan puts out some pretty good air, but I mainly keep it as my fan for my bedroom.

I guess even a none-Lasko brand is fine.

So tired of it staying hot in this building! Really need a good fan that’ll keep the living room as cool as possible.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Best Lasko fans to use in a large living space?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus