Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Death among the snow

Blaze Combat Unit (played anonymously)

The Admiral of a fleet known as 'Winged Freedom' had decided to plant down a base on a planet known as 'Eiswüste' A desolate ice world that had a rich mineral which was very rare to find but was never named due to it's rarity.

This base was set upon a large deposit of the mineral and was ordered to continue mining this ore until it had run out, but what the Admiral didn't know about this deposit was that it held dangerous creatures frozen within that would eventually be freed from their 'prison' and would massacre all who resided in the base.

[Command]
We have had a base wide shutdown on Eiswüste at 0800 this evening and we are deploying you and your squad to this base to find out what in blazing hell just happened over there. You will be leaving in the next 24 hours, pack your stuff and be prepared to deal with the cold weather down there boys.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[Bravowolf002]
"roger that sir, me and the squad you assigned to this mission will figure it out, i'll report back to you the moment I figure it out" Said the soldier and turned off his comm, he went to his data pad and inserted a password to enter into the pads documents "locate file 02273-5" and the data pad brought up the current mission and he waited in the lounge for the rest of his team to join him before they would set off on this mission.
Noin Shuler (played by SteamPower_Birb)

Grumbles somewhat loudly as she tromps into the lounge several minutes later, looking like she'd just gotten out of the bed "Stupid sudden damn tasking order...waking me up early on the day I'm off duty to go explore a god forsaken iceball." Landing in a seat she'd finally notice somebody was already here "You too?" Waving with the data pad in her right hand she gives a grim look "Dr. Noin Shuler, R&D unit. I'm attached to your squad to check out whatever is going on down on that Iceball of a planet."
Blaze Combat Unit (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Bravowolf looked over at the Doctor and nodded "command seems to be more worried about this blackout than normally" he said getting up and walking over to her holding out a hand for her to shake it "I will be your squad leader for this mission, I assume you already know our goal for this mission" he said in his ruffled tone

Takes his hand and shakes it "Only the basics of My part. I helped design part of the gear on that base, including it's generators. If something is broke, it's my job to fix it and get power on or whatever else is needed." Standing up she heads to the coffee machine across the room and getting a hot cup a black "Want some coffe while we wait, and fill me in on anything I missed...like Why the base has gone dark."

Nodding Bravo sat down "Command thinks its a bad sparking mechanism which won't allow the base to power itself, so it's our job to fix it once we get their" he said as he looked at his data pad "Although they have been getting reports of strange activity from within the base but they can't confirm this" he said the put down the data pad. "So... How well do you fair in the cold?" He asked in case he needed to order an extra suit or not

Fixes another cup and brings it over "The main converters are what I'm worried about. during testing they worked wonderfully and efficiently, but they are somewhat...fragile to impacts, especially near the connecter ports." Sitting back down she puts her pad in her lap and uses it one handed, the other holding her coffee "Strange activity? Like what?Last I heard there wasn't another living thing down there. You don't have to worry about protecting me. I've been trained to fight." flicking through her pad she pulls up a picture of herself bundled in mountains of clothing standing in a entry way "I was down there for the initial start up. The cold is a problem. Makes things brittle and your body sluggish..."

Bravo wolf nodded and went on with his information "They have all kinds of scans on the base since the blackout and they showed me am infered scan" he said pulling up the video file showing the base dark blue designating it was cold on the outside and after a few seconds an elongated red spot popped up inside the base then disappeared just as it appeared "strange isn't it? We have no idea what it could be so we have been adviced caution" he set taking a sip of his coffee "living or not, there's something moving about down there" he said continuously playing the video and pointing to the red spot each time it popped up

Grunting softly as she watches the replay, idly sipping her coffee "How big a team is going down? A full squad or just a fire-team? Judging from the heat bloom it's a fairly good sized...whatever it is. This doesn't sit right with me. Either they found something under the ground, something found them...or some One put that something there." Setting her coffee down she stands to look closer at the video "Just the one blip...anything else alive down there is in the buildings. that or it's the only thing alive."

Bravo nodded "yeah, command first thought about sending two squads down. but he then decided it wasn't worth the risk and is sending our squad down" he said then put the data pad down "however ti got there, it interrupted the mining operation and cut down our resource gathering by 5%" he said then laid back in the chair sipping his coffee "Right now we're just waiting for the rest of the squad to show up"

Still watching the replay she says in a soft voice, mainly to herself "Might be best to use the R&D's ammo loadout of AP-T, JSP and regular ball. Gives versatility for testing...and combat. Since we don't know It'd be safer to go with a mix bag." Finally stepping back from the replay she sits back down to finish her coffee "They should hurry up then...I've never liked waiting..

Bravo nodded taking his helmet off and placing it at his side rubbing his full beard whilst he laid back in the chair "yeah, waiting isn't my best trait either don't worry" he said smirking "so anyways, what else did you do at that base?" he was curious about Noin Schuler's presence at the mining base before it went dark and he had a natural curiosity to figure things out that connected

Shrugging she groans a little "A little bit of this and a little bit of that. I was only there to get things set up and turned on. Then to make sure it did it's job. Generators, sensor. Mainly if it involved making power or looking for things, that was partially me. The HUD and sensor upgrades in the full cover brain buckets...that was me too." pinching the bridge of her nose she leans back "...and That is why I'm here...if it's something I helped make and it's broke, I have to fix it. If it's a failure or flaw in the design, I'll need to modify it to work and fix those flaws." Having helped design the power source for the base had not been fun in the first place, having to fix or modify it In the facility was going to be a pain.

Bravo nodded "seems amazing that you did all that work" he said then leaned back even further "I don't even think I set foot inside that base once" he smirked and shook his head grabbing his nose "must have been some achievement to finish although I don't get off the ship often"

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Death among the snow

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus